Scion Auramancer IIR Culler - Ambush

Have had a few people interested in my build so here it is:

Passive tree

Stats
These screenshots are both while running Discipline, all 4 Purities, Vitality, Grace and Determination

Mapping gear with Divination Distillate and Granite + Jade flasks active - as you can see resists will be able to handle double Andvarius once I can afford them

MF with Divintation Distillate + Stormsail (457/50 if you include IIR gem)

My gear

Flasks

Playstyle
Compulsory to run in a party, you do functionally no DPS.

When Running piety I just run 5 auras (keep a levelled blood magic gem for this) and use the ES chest not Solaris Lorica because there is no chaos damage in that room. Also, just keep wheel of the Stormasail up permanently as you will have ~5k es and don't really need any extra for piety. I don't run full auras because it is too much of a hassle to snapshot that much when you zone a lot although it would be entirely possible to do this if you were that way inclined. Discipline and Purity of Lightning/Ice/Fire are your important auras here. Arc for culling her is my preference.

When running maps, I use Solaris Lorica and snapshot auras using Malachai's Simula when I enter the map. I tend to keep the ES shield up most of the time and switch out to Stormsail for the boss/ exiles/ if the map is very linear and monsters aren't hitting me. Dual Flame Totem works nicely in maps and doesn't miss very many culls. In terms of auras, I will always run Discipline, and the three element specific Purities - the aura effect bonuses from the tree means it is unlikely anyone else will be able to match these, the other auras I just switch in and out as necessary (3 40's and 2 60's on life, a 60, 2 40's and Clarity on mana normally).

Always carry a curse because you will have issues keeping your mana low for Divination Distillate if someone is running a high levelled clarity.

Hitting the Granite + Jade flasks helps mitigate physical damage when you need to. The Chaos/Bleed flask is also helpful when you encounter the relavent monsters although you could easily swap it out for something different.

Links
These are very flexible. My preference is to not have auras on weapon/ shield so that they don't disappear when you weapon swap. This means that I put my mobility skill (Lightning Warp) and curses on these pieces of gear

You need one 4L for your culling skill - for maps I use Flame Totem + GMP + IIR + Culling Strike and for Bosses I use Arc + Chain + IIR + Culling

The rest of your gear can be dedicated to auras - Reduced Mana + 3 Auras (x3) and if you don't want to snapshot for bosses, then make sure you have reduced mana + blood magic + 2 auras linked somewhere.

Snapshotting
What I do here is go into the area I want to farm and put on Malachai's Simula. I then cast my auras reserving as much life as possible and then swap Malachai's out for my regular helm and cast the remainder of my Auras on mana. The auras reserving life will not disappear until you change areas.

An easy way to reduce the amount of recasting necessary is to return to town (once all of your auras are up) and put on Malachai's. Then go to the area you want to farm and swap it for you helm (basically this means you only need to cast your mana auras each time).

Strengths
This build is excellent for mapping in groups, provides a decent amount of support while still being able to go very high MF.

It is relatively cheap to start off with and you can just add better gear as you can afford it (the only essential piece is the Solaris Lorica).

You don't need any resists on gear and can still run double Andvarius.

Weaknesses
It is horrible for solo play.

It is difficult to play on high maps without a Shav's although it is possible if you are careful and very picky about whether to weapon swap.

Levelling
I chose to level as a summoner and respecced out of it before starting maps, although I am sure there are probably more efficient ways to level this

You want to make sure you can get as many of the Aura and ES nodes as possible (preferably all) before you switch - I used resists on gear (primarily rings/ amulet) with less MF until I grabbed it from the tree allowing me to go full MF gear

Kill all the bandits

These trees are if you have friends to do dps for you, if not then you will want use a different levelling method.

Then just work along the left side to finish the tree. Take arcane vision when you go low life, and take the flask nodes when you get your hands on a Divination Distillate.

Hope this helps people, feel free to post any improvements, thoughts or questions :)
Last edited by howzart on Apr 20, 2014, 11:10:54 PM
Added a change to passive tree to grab the final Aura nodes I was missing
Added information about links and snapshotting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info