Classycannon - DUAL STRIKE - #5 Invasion

Hey all,

Because some people requested, here is my current Dual Strike build.

I am currently level 91 in the Invasion league (although I'm getting a bit bored of the build and been taking it slow last couple of days).

The Build
http://tinyurl.com/pfdtzbd

Current Gear

Flasks

Stats:

With Grace + Hatred

28217 dps Dual Strike

Budget version pre-SoulTaker:
Get Wings of Entropy! Very cheap weapon that will give you 18-20k dps on Dual Strike fairly easy! Although you have to replace Added Fire Damage with Blood Magic without a Soul Taker!

Do note that "one handed" damage nodes on the tree do NOT scale with Wings of Entropy.
Two-handed physical damage and Dual wielding nodes do scale!

Lots of people said I'm crazy for going Dual Strike in this league, but it's working out well! I facetank a lot of bosses, except the obvious lightning ballers and titty bitch and totem bosses... from those I run in fear :D

Been farming 73-77 maps fairly easy atm.
I haven't been upgrading my gear, I could easily do that. But I'm not sure I will keep playing this character.

If there's any questions just shoot and I'll try help as much as I can.

Big credit goes to Yovu for helping me with the build!
Last edited by Affinity on Mar 24, 2014, 5:05:43 PM
why dual strike and not Cyclone? also why didn't you pick up blood drinker and the endurance charge towards RT, also im guessing Oak/Oak/Oak? or all for the last one?
Grats. Keep it going bro!
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Thx for the guide! just some questions:

Aren't going for those 18% resists points at the beginning of the skill tree a better option than 18% physical dmg? Also, is gallantry worth picking(over berserking maybe)?
Which passive points should I focus early game?

You get a lot of points near the marauder start, what made you choose the scion?
Last questions, why axes and not swords or maces?

Many Thanks!
Last edited by tuialexandre on Mar 25, 2014, 3:16:23 PM
Sorry for the late reply, as u may have noticed i dropped to rank 10, haven't been really playing this character as i seem to be obsessed with split arrow atm for some reason :p

Why not cyclone? Cause i already played cyclone before, this is new to me. I can always swap to cyclone if i wanted.

Gallantry is on my list, but the problem is i needed so many nodes that i prioritised defense atm...
While leveling i went to ranger first for the dps, which was not super smart, but im experienced enough to survive with lower defenses.
Though, when starting 73+ maps, i realized i need to focus on defences first. My dps is high enough.

Marauder/duelist are also good choices. Scion is far from best. I just liked scion :p

Why not blood drinker? Because i have carnage heart with high leech, 4% would already be enough tho. But ammy's with those stats are expensive.

Bandits is 3x oak and i feel i dont need more endurance charges from the tree. Like i said i facetank lots of bosses like EK spider and atziris pride etc.

Im already capped on resists so i dont need the resists from scion start, i did need them initially but with obtaining better gear i could respec out of them.

Why axes? Cause soul taker. Double axe is best because it both benefits from the same axe nodes in the tree.

U can swap berserking for gallantry if u wanted, matter of preference. I like attackspeed because u have good movability.
Gallantry is for the upcoming levels,
That sucks that this build is really good at high level, so many mandatory nodes that u can only get at high lvl....

Hope this helped :)
This build looks quite fun, i was just wondering how you leveled up, did you use Dual Strike from the start or something else? I'm just starting a new character on Invasion and thought i would give this build a try.
I leveled as spectral throw until level 80, then respecced... It's very cheap because u already take a lot of the same nodes.

Spectral throw is super easy and efficient for this league, especially while leveling, basically i rushed for attackspeed (berserking) and then IR and just work your way to the ranger taking dmg / health whatever u need. I also needed resistance nodes but well that was the first day of release and there wasnt any gear out there.
Now just get a good 2h weapon and blow everything over.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info