Ground Slam Marauder Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/44201
Stream: http://www.justin.tv/struyk

PM me for questions!

-

Great build when you find

Passive Skill Tree:

2H Sword Duelist (111)

Notes:
Still figuring out the path (my duelist went for Iron Reflexes, after that Unwavering Stance)
Need atleast 2% Mana Leech on gear or get Blood Magic
Get more Accuracy if needed ( I got alot from gear )

-

Bandits:

1 - Resists
2 - Physical Damage
3 - Frenzy Charge

-

Pros
* Insane Dps
* Newby Friendly
* Fastest Racer IMO ( spam flicker strike early )
* Insane Life Leech
* Great Flask Bonuses
* Perfect for pvp ( get the 2x enemy -20% chance to block sword attack nodes and immune to life leech node when you want to pvp )
* Im right now permastunning anything I hit

Cons
* Avarage Tank ( Wouldnt suggest this build on HC )
* Need Mana Flasks
* Can Miss ( didnt take resolute technique because its to far away and we get nice accuracy from nodes and I still want to be able to crit sometimes haha )

-

Skills:

6 Linked ( Single Target Nuke )
Frenzy
Added Fire Damage
Faster Attacks
Increased Weapon Damage
Increased Elemental Weapon Damage
Life Leech

6 Linked
Cleave ( AoE Farming )
Faster Attacks
Life Gain on Hit
Added Fire Damage
Increased Weapon Damage
Increased Elemental Weapon Damage

4 Linked
Molten Shell ( AoE Farming )
Iron Will
Elemental Proliferation
Chance to Ignite

4 Linked
Decoy Totem
Vulnerability
Enduring Cry

Increased Area of Effect

4 Linked
Reduced Mana Cost
Hatred
Determination
Grace

-

Gear you are looking for:

HIGH Physical Damage 2H sword is most important.
Aim for something like:

75% All Resists
75% Chaos Resists
Highest Armor/Evasion combined
IAS / Physical Damage Rings
Attack Speed Gloves
High Flask Mods Belt
Mana Leech Amulet

-

Flasks:

2 Life Flasks ( Slow Recovery and Panicked )
1 Mana Flask ( Slow Recovery )
1 Chaos Resist/Elemental Resist/Granite Flask, bring all and equip depending on map
1 Quicksilver Flask with increased movement speed

-

Survivability:

75% All Resistances
Huge Damage Reduction from Armour
2.5% Life/Sec
4 Endurance Charges
Huge Life Leech ( 20% hp/sec )
Many Flask bonuses ( most important IMO )

-

PvP:

Coming Soon!
Last edited by Struyk on Jan 31, 2013, 11:33:47 AM
No comments?
Why not fix all the mana problems by going with Blood Magic?
Also I read somewhere that getting beyond 6k armor is useless, though you will benefit from Iron Reflexes early on, later on evasion would be far more beneficient with around 6k armor. As you mentioned pvp correct me if i am wrong but don't you need crit modifiers/crit chance to hit hard in pvp as they outweigh the damage bonuses of just going sword nodes?
"
Why not fix all the mana problems by going with Blood Magic?
Also I read somewhere that getting beyond 6k armor is useless, though you will benefit from Iron Reflexes early on, later on evasion would be far more beneficient with around 6k armor. As you mentioned pvp correct me if i am wrong but don't you need crit modifiers/crit chance to hit hard in pvp as they outweigh the damage bonuses of just going sword nodes?

There are no mana issues, only need 1% mana leech on ring/gloves/amulet/unique and you have unlimited mana. I take blood magic early on untill I get 1% mana leech.

I got 8k armor with buffs and with the endurance charges I take almost no damage :)
The guide is good, but there isn't a progression build around 60-70 points, so I took your build and took out the frenzy/sword nodes early to deal with the lack of good gear on my side and put in blood magic because I lack mana leech

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwFLQ48Dq0UUhRxGNsb-iFgJd8otSmlMgk6UkCgQ5xEnkd-Sn1Tu1WpVgRW-luvXQBgS2CIYSFhUmegdO108XrvfPWE2YTvhmCHaod2iiKXtJkrnrmfo5_LpBmnMKefq8WsurBzvqe_1cAPwKbA89JN1e3dDd-_4urstu9O8fT3vvzF
Last edited by ray040613 on Feb 1, 2013, 6:44:42 PM
Bump
Bump
shameless bump to 1st page so I dont have to keep finding it
Hi guys. Just started this build and I'm undecided about the path myself.

I'm thinking about this at level 30 or so: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBBS0b-iFgJd8otTIJQKBdAGBLYIhhIWFSdO108XrvhNmE74dqmSufy6QZ706euZstFx1HfqvFFFK-p2VNypDd4185LPuplJBs

Every node I think is on Struyk's original build but a few small nodes that I use as shortcut to the bottom part of the tree (original build goes around from IR).

The idea is that before I get near Iron Reflexes I don't have much use for all the +evasion. So I will go for the life and 2h dmg first, then get some attack speed and +30 dex, then Diamond Skin and finaly Unwavering Stance. After level 30 I will go for Iron Reflexes and later focus on the Sword/Damage nodes. Sounds like a good plan?

Some things that worry me:
1. Will I have enough DEX for gear/gem requirements up to level 30? Attack rating won't be an issue?
2. Those first levels are balanced between offense and defense. Should I rush to either one first? Such as getting all the life nodes first, or going all ther way to IR right on? I won't have very good gear.
3. Has anyone else tested if it's better to go for Blood Magic or deal with mana?

Thank you!
Last edited by bodao on Feb 6, 2013, 11:59:52 AM
Thank you for your guide!! I was looking for a two-handed sword guide while this forum is full of DW guide!!
Appreciate it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info