[1.1] Petrov's Three Dragons Infernal Shocker

I'll keep this concise. This build uses the new Three Dragons (3D) unique helm to take your Infernal Blow dps to the next level through shock stacking. I've built this on my Templar, but it's more efficient to build from Marauder.

3D allows your fire damage to shock, but not ignite. The theme is to stack fire damage and apply shock. Given how shock stacking works, you need a lot of fire damage to hit the minimum shock duration on bosses. Whites, blues and most rares will die very quickly.

My setup uses a 6L Marohi with the following gem setup:
Infernal Blow-Melee Phys Dmg-Faster Attacks-Added Fire Dmg-Melee Splash-Blood Magic.

You can sub in Multistrike for utility rather than, say, Faster Attacks - but note this will limit your ability to shock stack bosses given that multistrike decreases your damage per hit.

If you're lucky enough to run dual 6Ls (eg 6L 2 hander and 6L armour), then I'd recommend one 6L setup for groups which incorporated Splash and Multistrike, and one 6L setup for individual target which incorporates Weapon Elemental Damage or Fire Penetration to replace Splash.

Here is a 101 point build tree to get you started:

For auras, run Hatred obviously, and then your choice of a second or third aura (if you want to stack reduced mana reservation nodes). I wouldn't run Anger, as this is a low APS build, so you won't get bang for buck from Anger (or Wrath). As for curses - Flammability or Elemental Weakness are great for offence for this build. Warlords Mark, Enfeeble or Temp Chains for varying degrees and styles of defence.

I'll keep this updated for a while based on more map play testing and I'll round out some other gear recommendations. I like to run Carnage Heart in the ammy slot, and Lightning Coil together with Purity of Lightning works well as a second aura. I'll grab a pair of Thunderfists as well, for the IAS and 100% increased shock duration.

Here's a brief video of me laying some shock stacks on Merciless Vaal:

Petrov.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Mar 19, 2014, 6:08:09 PM
why not take avatar of fire? it would be easier to shock stack then.
Sounds fun to be honest and also something new for marauder. What's your current DPS with main ability (as Marohi Erqi)?
Hi chaps

1. I mucked around with AoF. While it certainly does boost your fire damage, you lose all your phys (and cold) damage. As a result, you can't utilise the life leech from Carnage Heart and, instead, have to gem a Life Leech support. The resulting loss of a dps support (say, Added Fire or MPD) pretty much counteracts the benefit of AoF, and you also lose total dps given the 50% conversion mechanics of AoF. I tested it against some high hp rares (like Gneiss), and I always killed them far more quickly without AoF specced.

2. My current tooltip Infernal Blow DPS with Marohi is about 15k (that's with Melee Splash), single target IB is 20k dps). The fire damage per hit (not DPS!) on single target is 5.6-8.8k per hit on tooltip. Please note I have not optimised the non-weapon gear yet (e.g. rings).

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Mar 19, 2014, 4:35:08 PM
Updated with video of IB being used to shock merciless vaal.
Petrov for president!
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Hi chaps

1. I mucked around with AoF. While it certainly does boost your fire damage, you lose all your phys (and cold) damage. As a result, you can't utilise the life leech from Carnage Heart and, instead, have to gem a Life Leech support. The resulting loss of a dps support (say, Added Fire or MPD) pretty much counteracts the benefit of AoF, and you also lose total dps given the 50% conversion mechanics of AoF. I tested it against some high hp rares (like Gneiss), and I always killed them far more quickly without AoF specced.

2. My current tooltip Infernal Blow DPS with Marohi is about 15k (that's with Melee Splash), single target IB is 20k dps). The fire damage per hit (not DPS!) on single target is 5.6-8.8k per hit on tooltip. Please note I have not optimised the non-weapon gear yet (e.g. rings).

P.
Based off the video, its very clear you arent dealing enough fire damage for this to be viable (from what i saw it was one shock stack for a few seconds, then it fell off). An avatar of fire build would probably be better, but as you and everyone else knows, you lose out on ALOT of damage because youre forced to put in a leech gem (lets be real here, the chance of corrupting items with 1% fire damage leech is unrealistic, big troll on GGGs part making us think ele leech would be accessible).

You can take static blows, if you didnt know already, chance to ignite doesnt affect the chance to shock, it isnt converted which is why i got pretty disappointed with this item for the other two elements (only chance to shock and freeze nodes are in the shadow start LULZ), but static blows will increase your chance to shock on hit, soo will conductivity, added lightning (but lets be real here, you wont be able to use those), since they give extra chance to shock. Flammability will increase your fire damage a little bit, but with Avatar of Fire itll increase it quite a bit.

The other problem is the weapon, if you used a Kongors Undying Rage Terror Maul, you could also get the shock chance on critical hits, but i believe that would be a dps loss unless you have better ASI with it than Marohi Erqi.

If you go Infernal Blow and Avatar of Fire it would be good though probably, the only problem though with pure elemental damage is you have to sacrifice damage for leech currently until elemental leech becomes accessible by reasonable means.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Mar 19, 2014, 11:01:36 PM
Blown away! Petrov for president indeed!
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
I gonnaa up this marauder, is cool ty vm for guide
bandits?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info