[1.1.0] Roast them for your Zombies (Inexpensive Map and Self-Found viable)

Playstyle

1. Pre-heat oven (Curse with Flammability)
2. Roast Marshmallows (Drop Incinerate Totems)
3. Add pinch of catnip (Flesh Offering)

Result: Happy, and well-fed zombies.

Goal

The premise for this build was to create an inexpensive, self-found viable, build that provided a hybrid of utility. I love pure summoners so I didn't want to stray too far. This build focuses on using zombies as meat shields and melting faces with your incinerate totems. It's a cheap, fun build, with a reasonable degree of survivability and the option to go fully self-found as you can vary the build to maximize different types of gear.

Credits

Big thanks to http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781048 for the incinerate totem build which led me to this hybrid summoner variation.

Full Build

Gems
Spoiler

Main Attack

Incinerate
Spell Totem
Greater Multiple Projectiles
Added Chaos
Faster Casting
Added Cold / Lightning / Faster Projectiles

Zombies

Raise Zombies
Minion Life
(or) Melee Splash (Packs)
(or) Multistrike (Single target)
(or) Added Fire
(or) Minion Speed (Personal Survivability)

Survivability
Cast when Damage Taken
Frost Wall
Enduring Cry
Immortal Call

Auras
(D) Discipline
(D) Purity of Elements
(O) Haste
(O) Hatred

Itemization
Spoiler

All you need to be viable is a 4L chest, gloves and helm. Stat priorities are as follows:

1. Energy Shield
2. Spell Damage
2. Resists
3. Cast Speed
4. Projectile Speed

* Matua Tapuna - useful at low levels, lack of ES in maps creates challenges
* Infernal Mantle - Yes.
* Searing Touch - Yes.

Last edited by 1beb on Mar 19, 2014, 4:26:19 PM
Videos

This is a good video because it shows the builds weaknesses. Mobs have lightning thorns and bubbles (both annoying/challening for this build). I don't have a +2 Mionion Helm (Low HP Zombies, No Minion Instability) - just to show you that how the build works against it's cons and to give you an example of avoidance playstyle if you're having trouble surviving.

https://vimeo.com/89542877

67 Cemetery with
* Chilled Ground
* 28%+ Rare, Enfeebled
* 33% Monster Move
* 29% Attack Speed
* 26% Faster Cast
* 2 Additional Projectiles
* Cannot be Stunned.

Last edited by 1beb on Mar 19, 2014, 3:58:07 PM
I know minions make up for some good distraction, but no life nodes and no CI in option 2 + 3 really seems to push your luck.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
I know minions make up for some good distraction, but no life nodes and no CI in option 2 + 3 really seems to push your luck.

It sure can get dicey especially if there's a lot of chaos damage. I'm personally CI, but that's not always viable with self-found.
Hi. I`m lvling Scion to test your build because I think it's nice. But i have question about support gems for totem. Why GMP? Maybe LMP will better? and one more thing how u solve mana issues. summon zombie with 3 linked support gems its like 70-100 mana each.
"
Resjex wrote:
Hi. I`m lvling Scion to test your build because I think it's nice. But i have question about support gems for totem. Why GMP? Maybe LMP will better? and one more thing how u solve mana issues. summon zombie with 3 linked support gems its like 70-100 mana each.

Hi Resjex, GMP gives you five streams instead of three. While you take a reduction in overall damage, I'm not sure it matters given how well damage scales through the cycles of incinerate. Mana can be a bit of a problem if your zombies are dying a lot. If you're dealing with something that kills zombies, it's better to use a summon skeleton + totem so that you have a continuous stream that you don't have to cast.
I made a scion today and tried it out. I never knew zombies were so fun and had so much dps. thanks :]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info