[1.1.0f[ Cheap Flame Totem build for Marauder/Scion: Crispy farming, leveling, and end game!

I've posted the guide in the Scion forum, but it works pretty much the same for the Marauder, so I wanted to make a post on the manliest of the class forums, too.

The guide

There are two differences, one smaller and one bigger: The Marauder core build uses one extra skill point and finishes at level 79 instead pf 78. However, it's a valuable point, so it isn't wasted.

The second difference is that the Scion gets all essential gems from quest rewards whereas the Marauder doesn't get all of them, or gets them later. For example, Scion gets Flame Totem in act1/cruel, Marauder gets it in act3/cruel. Marauder doesn't get Lesser Multiple Projectiles or Faster Casting at all. These are all inexpensive, but if you play entirely self-found or you start a new league, this may be an issue. If it isn't, then Marauder is a great choice for this build, as well.

For all information on playstyle, pros and cons, gear preferences, etc. please click the link above. It all applies to Marauder, too.

Here's the Marauder version of the level 79 tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzBS0LYRDMFCAUTRRxGYUaOBpsG_okqiXfJy8n7SlPKhMrtiynLv826TwtQKBBh0bXR35KxEz_UEdQUFW1VcZYY1nzWitdxl8_YEthIWVNcql07XgNeGl5aHrvgpuE2YTvjEaPRpBVna6euZ7NogCiD6PypBmkrKcIpzCnhKeUq8Wsqq9stQS3PriTvJ--isAawQTE9sWKxq7G2M9l0NDR_d-_4urjauOf5CLqGOw47w7wH_Iv8932rvcy-JP46_no
Last edited by Mivo on Mar 12, 2014, 6:34:36 PM
Reserving this in case I copy over the adapted guide completely. :)
Mine, too!
Have any gear recommendations? Sounds like a practical and cheap build.
Here's the link to the full guide in the scion section:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/827006
"
Innuit wrote:
Have any gear recommendations? Sounds like a practical and cheap build.

You can use pretty much everything as long as it has life and resists, at least while leveling. This is really the beauty of the build: you don't get stuck because you NEED a very specific piece of gear. 3-4L is all you need to finish the game on merciless and start mapping. I even used some blues in the first few days of Ambush, because they had life and resists, which was all I wanted. (On the wand, scepter or staff you do want spell or fire damage, if possible, and any rings or amulets with spell or increased fire damage are bonuses.)

You can do 66, 67 and 68 maps like this, too. After that, survivability becomes a concern and you'll want to focus on STR and STR/INT gear, if you're still wearing very mixed armor pieces by then. I added some thoughts on survivability in the "main" guide, third post down: right here.

It's also when I'd recommend a 5L (either weapon or chest), but it doesn't have to be anything great (Searing Touch would be nice, but with the Searing Bond craze it's really out of reach for most people as SB users also want that weapon; you can theoretically craft a better weapon for this build, as well.)
I had a similar build in mind and like the idea of plaing marauder as totem stomper, but what about the dmg. Most other builds spend a lot of points for fire/spell/cast speed ... will your totems make enough dmg in the end?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info