Frenzy Melee Splash Facebreakers [30k+ DPS] (1.1)

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, this is my first attempt at a guide, hope you aren't bored of seeing Facebreaker guides. Anyways I have not seen this particular guide on the forum so decided to share it with you, if you have any suggestions or improvements of any kind, please speak up, I'm in no way an elite specc builder so lets try and improve this as much as it can be improved!

About the build

Spoiler
This is a very simple yet effective build, it revolves around the item Facebreaker Strapped Mitts the objective is simple, jump into a group of monsters and smash them all! The high attack speed coupled with high physical damage and strong defence from wielding a shield + block chance from passives and IR + high evasion makes this a viable end-game build!

Abbreviations used in the guide:
Spoiler
BoR: Bringer of Rain
FB: Facebreakers
IR: Iron Reflexes
BM: Blood Magic
CoDT: Cast on Damage Taken
AOE: Area of Effect
DPS: Damage Per Second

Primary & Secondary Attack Skills

Spoiler

Frenzy: Your primary single and AOE ability is frenzy linked with: Multistrike + Melee Splash + Blood Magic. (Requirement: These gems must be in a RRRG BoR)

Cyclone: This is your secondary attack spell and I only use it in maps with 50% or no regen. Cyclone is linked with: Added Fire Damage + Life Leech + Blood Magic

Information on where I put each gem is further into the guide.

Auras

Spoiler

Hatred: For the obvious DPS boost. The cold damage scales very well with our huge increase in physical damage.

Grace: Since I'm running IR it provides a very nice bonus to my survivability. (essential for end-game success)

I recommend running hatred as soon as possible, then grace when you can handle running two auras and use BM with Frenzy. (Reduced Mana Gem should be linked to all active aura gems)

Wrath and Anger do not scale as well with this build as Hatred, strongly recommend not running them

Trigger Gems

Spoiler

CoDT(lvl6): Linked with: Enfeeble (lvl 8), Molten Shell (lvl 10) and Enduring Cry (lvl 8)

I find CoDT at level 6 is the perfect balance between keeping Molten Shell and enduring cry procc's frequent as well as giving room for enfeeble to level up to me more useful.

All of the gems linked with CoDT are focused on defensive properties reducing enemies damage and increasing your armor and physical damage reduction.

Enfeeble: The downside with using enfeeble is the intellect requirements, you need intellect on gear for it to work, you need 90 intellect at gem level 8.[/b]
Possible replacement are: Temporal Chain (Requires 40 intellect at level 8) and Decoy Totem (requires only strength)
I have tested all 3 possibilities and I prefer Enfeeble, but temporal chains and decoy totem are both suitable replacement if you can't reach the intellect requirements.

Pro's:
Spoiler

+High Damage (Single target and AOE)
+High Survivability (with 70+ Block Chance)
+Very Easy to play

Con's:
Spoiler

-Can be very expensive (Legacy FB (950+) / BoR
-Specific gear/stats required

Skill points:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwEswUtBbUM8g48EuEUTRRxGtsbrRv6Jd8nLymlMZ4yCTWSNug6UjrhPC094j7PQKBI7kp9SshM_03jTipRR1W1VvpYr1oaW69eE185Xz9gS2EhZ6Bqk2xGbmluqnJsdO14DXrvhNmE74d2iPGKr42_mSueuZ7Nn8ugtKIApBmly6ZXpzCpbqyvr2y18rZBtz6307yfvYG95r6KvqfAD8EEw4bFisauypDSIdJN1e3Xy90N3ePi6uOf5FHnke4O7w7wH_JF8wb3vvlj-6r8xf4K_o8=

At the beginning of the tree you can also opt to go (Life regen + Life + Life Nodes) instead of the (Attack Speed, Attack Speed, Melee Physical Damage Nodes) I prefer the damage route due to large amount of health nodes later in the build.

NOTE: I will add a step by step guide where to put points while levelling.

Required Items:

Spoiler

* Facebreaker, Strapped Mitts
* The Bringer of Rain, Nightmare Bascinet

* Meginord's Girdle Heavy Belt
NOTE: You will most likely not use the Meginord's Girdle until you have sufficient gear to sustain 75%+ in all resistances. Until then run high HP and resistance belt.

Also if you have a 6L chest, you can use Abyssus Helm (I have not been able to test this, but talked to a few people that run 6L chest + Abyssus and it is very viable)

Gearing:
Ideal gear for each slot:
Spoiler
Boots: High Health, Resistances and Movement Speed
Rings: +x-xx added physical damage, high health and resistances
Neck: +x-xx added physical damage, resistances
Shield: I prefer going with high evasion shields, since they are cheaper than high armor shields. Other stats: High health and resistances. I would aim for 1200+ eva shields.

Keep in mind if you run enfeeble you will need to have 1-2 items with intellect on them.

Links:

Spoiler

RGG: Reduced Mana -> Hatred -> Grace
RRRG: Cyclone -> Life Leech -> BM -> Added Fire Damage
RRRB: CoDT -> Molten Shell -> Enduring Cry -> Enfeeble
Bringer of Rain (RRRG): Frenzy -> BM -> Melee Splash -> Multistrike

Bandit Reward Choices:

Spoiler
Normal help Oak for +40 Health
Cruel help Oak for 18% Increased Physical Damage
Merciless help Kraytin for the +1 Frenzy Charge

Screenshots of statistics:

Spoiler

Character Stats:

Frenzy DPS 7 Charges

NOTE: My gems are not fully levelled, educated guess of final DPS is around 34k-35k

Defensive Stats with Grace

Defensive Stats with Grace and 4/5 Endurance Charge

To Do List:

Spoiler

* Add In-depth levelling guide with gear and gem tips as well as checkpoints for where to spend skill points and when.
* Add full level 100 build
* Add a Video section of doing high level maps / difficult bosses
* Add a Questions section, when / if any questions arise

Suggestions to what to add to the guide are always welcome

Damage Testing:

Spoiler

I will be adding stuff here later, for now the only confirmed test I have done is it takes 3 second flat to kill piety merciless.

Like mentioned a few time already all suggestions are welcome, also I will try to answer every questions to the best of my knowledge, feel free to pitch in if you have answers to other people questions.

My Gear:

Spoiler

The flask setup can be very different, I swap around a lot, I keep another Granite and Quicksilver flask in my inventory.

Weapon Swap Items

I only swap weapons to get around faster I have Leap Slam Linked with Faster Attacks and Blood Magic, I use the other mace only to level gems I might want later.

Also keep in mind even though you can't benefit from chest stats you can still wear it to level up gems!
Last edited by zappaa on Mar 8, 2014, 9:56:52 PM
Reserved for video section, which I will work on when I'm settled in my new place.

(or a shameful bump :$ )
Can i use this build on Invasion??

Can i use this potencial build with FB And the belt?
"
juliosala wrote:
Can i use this build on Invasion??

Can i use this potencial build with FB And the belt?

I've not played on Invasion myself but I see no reason why this would not be viable on invasion if you have the proper gear.

If you mean can you use this build without BoR? then yes. The head you choose will make up for the resistances needed when using both FB and the belt. I used this build for quite some time without BoR. (All of this was on standard though).

Last edited by zappaa on Mar 12, 2014, 2:23:49 PM
I only have non-Legacy Facebreakers, can I still do this build?

can you make a gear guide with chaos resist?
I'm using non legacy FB
but as you can see they are perfectly rolled. Playing in ambush and having a blast. I changed the build a little to ignore Unwavering stance. It saved me a lot of nodes and i'm pretty much an unstoppable tank @ lvl 40. Thanks for the great build!

Oh, and i'm planning on using Abyssus eventually instead of BoR. Anyone have any advice on this? Will it change the build at all? I'm also using a 6L, and i'm not sure what is best in it. Any advice?

Will you be providing an updated build? as they nerfed Frenzy...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info