Summon Raging Spirits - Nothing happens when you level it?

As you can see I leveled it to 13 and it's EXACTLY the same as level one except it costs MORE mana to cast and more required intel. There is no extra damage done by these minions so it doesn't even tickle end-game mobs.

If this is the case, this gem would be pointless to level up.

There is no way to achieve even close to 50 of these minions even with increased duration I can only manage 30-ish with Cast on Crit and 90% crit chance.

I don't understand how this gem is at all necessary to get beyond level 1 or be used beyond Act 1 Normal.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Is this a bug?
Higher-level gems summon higher-level spirits, with higher damage and life. those are stats of the spirit, not of the skill, so are not visible on the gem/skill.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 29, 2014, 10:57:39 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Higher-level gems summon higher-level spirits, with higher damage and life. those are stats of the spirit, not of the skill, so are not visible on the gem/skill.

You should really think about putting some information on what's happening in there.
That this gem got released in a state where nothing changes upon leveling information-wise is goofy to say the least.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

I would have expected a tooltip similar to summon skeleton then, where it lists life, and damage modifiers.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
FstnFurius07 wrote:
There is no way to achieve even close to 50 of these minions even with increased duration I can only manage 30-ish with Cast on Crit and 90% crit chance.

No way?

My two-totem haste-caster begs to differ.

Crazy people with three totems could cap it out.

I may switch from lightning to fire just to toy with this madness.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
I would have expected a tooltip similar to summon skeleton then, where it lists life, and damage modifiers.

They probably have 1 Life what with them not being targetable ala Traps/Mines.
They don't appear to actually get any Increased Damage, so that would also be strange to show. "0% Increased Damage. Congratulations." :P

(it is a similar tooltip, there's just nothing to say)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

They don't appear to actually get any Increased Damage, so that would also be strange to show. "0% Increased Damage. Congratulations." :P

Well as per the quote the spirits apparently get higher damage and life so yeah...this could be shown in the tool tip as with summon skeletons
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Well as per the quote the spirits apparently get higher damage and life so yeah...this could be shown in the tool tip as with summon skeletons

I agree, they don't seem to get any increase in damage but at least they can show a tooltip.
And also, why would they increase life if they can't be hit?

"
And also, why would they increase life if they can't be hit?

they cant be targeted DIRECTLY but im quite sure, they can get hit by AOE Damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info