Incinerate Acrobatics Build (Cheap and Noobfriendly)

Hi!

This is my first own build, and it works kinda nice so far. For me at least.

It's also my first character to enter mapping territory (played the last 6 levels in maps only), and so far I'm not disappointed with the performance.

Please don't hate on me too much, English is not my native language, and I know I'm a Noob, I know I haven't reached "real Endgame Content" yet, haven't even played a character up to 80+, I also know I'm using some Keystones that are not favored by many players, and the combination may seem weird, but the girl is pretty tanky and self-sufficient.

That's why I thought I share the build with you.

It's not a pro guide, but in my humble opinion, many "pro guides" rely very heavily on gear I will never be able to afford, so they seem kind of useless to me.
The build I came up with is doable for anyone. I hope at least. ;)

BasicIdea

Offense:

I wanted to use the Gem "Incinerate", because I found one with a little quality on it. Playing through Normal and Cruel I noticed that the Gem is very effective, the DpS looks low, but the Damage output is pretty nice, even without too much support.
That makes it a very noob-friendly main attack, 4 Linked Sockets are enough to kill anything so far pretty fast. Other Noobs keep asking me for my DpS because they are so impressed... ;)

Defense:

Since you have to stand still while Incinerate builds up its damage, you need some sweet survivability.

The "Cloak of Defiance" gives us an improved "Mind over Matter" Keystone, instead of 30%, 40% of physical damage is taken from your mana (if you have enough mana).
Since the keystone is located in the passive tree right next to "Iron Reflexes", but we have it already, I didn't really want to walk down there. So a pure Evasion Build it shall be, which means we can use Acrobatics.
I also use Eldritch Battery (Energy Shield becomes Mana) to give me more effective survivability. Even though Acrobatics and EB kinda collide (you only gain half ES as mana), it is imho still worth it to grab. The reason you want mana instead of ES (both are like life for you) is the faster regeneration of mana through clarity.

The combination of that stuff is pretty nice.

Right now I dodge 30%, evade 40%, block 24%, and 40% damage goes to mana.
That makes for (1-0,3)*/1-0,4)*(1-0,24)*(1-0,4) = 81% physical damage reduction, not really gear dependent.
Add "Enfeeble" on Cast on Damage taken, it goes up to 87% Reduction.

Even if my evasion rating will drop while levelling up more, since there are so many factors in the equation, it doesn't matter too much.

To further boost survivability, you can run Arctic Armour and/or Tempest Shield if you so desire. And you can still use a Granite Flask, temporary 3000 Armor (=(3000+100%)/2) is better than none... ;)

But there is one big problem:
It is a luck-based survivability concept, it is based on chance only. Chance to dodge, chance to block, semi-chance to evade.
You will sometimes take more damage than you can sustain, and you will die. This is not a hardcore build, but most of the time you can facetank them all, Kole, Brutus and whoever.

So if you really can't take a death or two, be it pride or playing in a hardcore league, this is no build for you.

Gems

Main Attack: Incinerate
In Normal and Cruel, link it to Mana Leech, Life Leech, Lesser Multiple Projectiles.
This makes it self-sustaining and the damage is still more than enough.
When your Clarity Gem is high enough to sustain spamming Incinerate, you can drop Mana Leech for "Added Chaos Damage", that's the biggest damage boost you can find.
The 5th and 6th Gem would be "Faster Casting" and "Fire Penetration", both really help, but both are not 100% required.
The Cast Speed of Incinerate is very high by default, so yes, FC gives you more DpS, but you can get away without it.
In easy regions I drop Life Leech for Fire Penetration, and I still dream of the day when I can use all 6 of them... ;)

Aura Support: Grace + Clarity + Reduced Mana
Pretty much a nobrainer, more evasion, nice mana regen. Level up Clarity to max, with Eldritch Battery you can easily support it.

Mobility, Curse: Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Flammability
Lightning Warp is used to travel faster and over barricades, Flammability helps with your killspeed.

Cast on Damage Taken + ...
I use Decoy Totem and Enfeeble, if I had the right socket colors, I'd add Molten Shell. Level it up as you desire, I left CoDt at 5 but I guess I can go up a little further.

Arctic Armor, Tempest Shield
Once you can sustain these Auras, feel free to use them. I can't use AA the whole time, but in certain situations (Voidbearers and other nasty fire things) I use AA...

Passive

Keystones:
Eldritch battery: Converts ES to mana.
Projectile Mastery: Extends the reach of your Flamethrower.
Ondar's Guile: Kinda makes you immune to projectiles.
Acrobatics: Another 30% more survivability.

Add some life, mana, attributes and spell/fire damage, and you are good to go. :)

I'm sitting here at the moment:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEswW1B6UUTRcvGYUZihpsGo8c3B6UHwIi6iQ8JKonqSlPLJwtHy2DMHw2xTbpRKtGcUkbSVFJslFHVa5V1lYtVytabWBtZOdtGW-eeuZ9U38rf8aApIIQgh6Cm4MJgziHZY19jb-PppMnlwabtZwtnYCdrqIAoqOnCKdcqn-quKw_rH-vt7QMwfPDOsSiykrN6tQj1HzWitgk2wvcV90F37DjauQi52ro1vAf8Xb22vrS-wk=

Next steps I consider:
*Phase Acrobatics
*maybe going for Mind over Matter to use another torso
*The Shield/Elemental resist cluster in the upper left
*Dodge Stuns in Ranger starting Area
*Evasion/Life right next to ranger start

Progression
I walked into the Templar Area first, then I grabbed Eldritch Battery, then I walked to Acrobatics and Ondar's Guile, followed and acompanied by some more life and the sweet Aura Support Clusters.

Concerning Attribute Requirements:
You need some strength for the Reduced Mana Gem, I managed it by grabbing some "8% Life/+20 Strength" nods (one next to Eldritch Battery, one in Templar Area. On the way to Acrobatics and to the Health Cluster in the upper right you cross "+30 Strength". This is enough Strength for your Gems.

You need a ton (!!!) of dexterity for LMP and Grace, which is another reason I went Evasion/Acrobatics/Ondar's Guile and Ballistic Mastery. The way there is pure Dex once you cross the Scion Area, so no more Dex is required from Gear.

Why so few life nods?
Because it is possible. ;)
With Mana being life, all the dodging and the constant heal from Incinerate/Life Leech, once again: you get away with it.

Gear

You go for:
*Life
*Resists
*nice linked sockets
*high evasion rating
*a little Energy Shield/mana.

If you can, you also add cast speed, projectile speed, walkspeed, Spell Damage, Fire Damage.
Again: Due to the nature of Incinerate, you can get away without perfect Caster Gear, but having it surely helps.
I bought my Cloak for 3 Chaos and 4-linked it myself, without 5-6 Links it is dirt-cheap. Other Uniques are not required, and if you want to walk the 7 steps in the Passive Tree to Mind over Matter, you don't even need this one.

This is what I'm currently running. I'm happy with some of the items, some are just bad. Even the stuff I bought was really cheap. But I'm farming/mapping like crazy and will hopefully find better, especially gear that allows me to cap resists... ;)

Some of the items are bought, others are found... Still saving up for a 5-6 linked Cloak of Defiance... This is no endgame equipment, but it is so far enough to farm for it.

Flasks
I'm pretty happy with:

A lot of "Bubbling", the Hybrid Flask to get Mana in Dangerous Situations, Movespeed with the usual "Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline", and some Armor with a "Granite Flask of Iron Skin".

Stats

Bandits
I killed them all because at that time I was considering a CI build, but I'd recommend saving Oak in Normal. Don't help Alira in Cruel, 4% Cast Speed isn't worth it.

Hope it was interesting for some of you, and I'd like to get construcive critique on my first steps in PoE guide territory... :)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 5, 2014, 2:57:41 PM
I don't think added chaos damage is a good choice as incinerate has a 30% damage effectiveness. That makes any added base damage gem a bad choice as that 70% damage penalty applies to it too.
Fire penetration is a much better damage boost for incinerate. The 35% penetration at lvl 20 is the same as 35% MORE damage for incinerate (and it is not affected by the 30% damage effectiveness).
Spoiler

117-178 Fire
57-86 Chaos

Looks like a bit more than 35% ;)
And the Chaos Damage should go up as well with the stages, right?

I tested it both and it felt stronger with ACD, but sure, Fire Penetration is great as well (would be my choice for the 5th Link, as written in the guide)...
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 5, 2014, 2:48:15 PM
Currently im doing something similar.

Acrobatics / Phase Acrobatics / 75 block / 75 spell block / High evasion / EB / Mind over matter / Incinerate.

I use incinerate with blind for big phy bosses, I have yet to be hit by a melee mob with enfeeble / blind on them.

Good luck with build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info