Leppas Lightning Strike 220k dps

Let me dissappoint you right off the bat: I post this here to save myself time ingame. Instead of trying to take some time to explain my gear and tree to everyone that asks, they can simply come here and check it out. I wont do a step by step explanation on the build, I cant help you with suggestions on your build. If you dont sit with 100exalts readily to spend i dont recommend doing this build. You are welcome to post for help to do a similar build, maybe someone in the thread is kind enough to answer your questions. I reiterate: This is not a post for me to help you out to do this build, its a timesaver for me.

First off, I dont take full credit for this build, an almost chinese guy (thaiwanese) named Nhat came with the core idea which i made some tweaks on. I was so appreciative that i offered him 5 exalt for the advice, to which he declined.

Gear

Spoiler

Skilltree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecEsQV9BbUOSBB7ES8RlhLhGdUZ1xpVGtsbrRvIHoEk_Si1KaUqOCsKMww26DvhPeI-z0MxRwZI7kuNTGBOKlFHU99W6lb1VvpY21uvXIpeE185X2phIWNDZKNtGW5pcFJwVnDVeK5943_GhNmE74hCiGuNv5AblWaX0JkrmZqaE5uDnaOfy6KjouqnK6c0rK-0xbZBtve307k-vYG95r46vqfAUcEAwcXB88Lsw23EuMqQ037VANX418vbGttu29TdDd3j4vfjhOdU6f7rY-wY7g7vTvLh9Uv5Y_yr_MX-K_8c_94=

Interesting stats:
-226k dps (lifeleech in link, someone providing anger + wrath + conduit, 4 frenzy charges, 5 powercharges) (Unbuffed in town - 49.5k dps)
-6k armour
-6200 ES
-54% blockchance vs attacks (0 spellblock thus die to bosses at 30%)
-whirling blades with 20/20 Faster attack and really high attackspeed for high mobility
-semi immune to reflect due to lightning strike splits dmg into phys and elemental.
-all mobs triple shockstacked upon touch due to 80% crit chance, 820% crit multi and high lightning dmg

So the Idea is to use a dagger with high crit chance coupled with as much attackspeed you can squeeze out. The choice of dagger is quite easy due to the skilltree, no weapon nodes are as good/valuable per point as the dagger nodes. The easiest way to do this is with a Shavronnes Wrapping and using the lowlife feature with bloodrage. In terms of points on skilltree, the 54% attackspeed bonus is unprecedented. Can it be done without Shavs? Absolutely. Can you reach 200k+ dps? Absolutely not.
As Flubby showed us in Anarchy league, the way to reach really high dps is with combining a mix of 3 things: Attackspeed, elemental damage, crit chance/multiplier.

It has some limits though, you need to have enough manapool and manaleech to sustain a 6L manacost (63/attack for my choice of gems), if you dont have enough mana to cover the cost of attacking, well your tooltip dps would just be a lie since you cant sustain it. I specced into manaflows giving higher manapool out of 2 phys dmg nodes (leech rate is dependant on total manapool).

I do not recommend this build to other users as many cant afford the itemsetup. I dont want/need suggestions on this build as I have a clear picture of where i want to go from here with this build. I dont think of this build as a superbuild as I skip most bosses. I can kill the bosses with this build really quick, but I might die 3/10 attempts. The way that xp penalty upon death works combined with the cost of rolling maps to gain 10% xp makes killing bosses uninteresting for me. It takes approximately 10hrs of maptime for me to gain 15% xp. 10 hrs of map time is approximately 35-40 maps. If I would do all bosses on all maps I would for sure be close to 0% xp most of the time.

Last edited by Leppas on Dec 31, 2013, 12:21:36 PM
Would be interested to know why you have LS twice.
"
Haboryme wrote:
Would be interested to know why you have LS twice.
I think one proc power charge then the other one proc crit and crit damage.
That's some sweet damage despite not going the pain attunement/crown of eyes route.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
I'm following this guide and here are my gears.

At 4 Frenzy, 5 Power Charges, I'm getting 29k dps with those 6linked gems. (Swapped life leech out just to test the dps).

What can I do take get over 50-60k dps?

With this higher AS and crit chance dagger, I'm getting lower dps due to its low pdps.
Last edited by FEELme2013 on Jan 18, 2014, 7:30:38 AM
How on earth do these crazy dps builds deal with reflect?

in this case I think the build is susceptible to phys reflect, elem reflect, AND thorns. That's a lot of map mods/fights you have to skip.

Or is this a PVP build?
Toupy - Lv93 Facebreaker Cyclone Duelist
Last edited by Myrthr on Jan 18, 2014, 9:09:57 PM
melee physical damage gem doesnt work with anything but the melee hit for lighting strike.
use WED or projectile physical dmg, not mpd, LOL

I would use PPD and WED instead of MPD and Mstrike ... MPD is paper dps and nothing else, I read you dont want suggestions but you should really take this one. Multistrike is reducing per hit dps, which sucks. You have a lot of aps already, you either replace mstrike or FA for WED which is a huge dps boost. Actually I would go added fire - wed - ppd - LS - Life leech myself, raw dmg all the way! And then use FA or mstrike instead of PCOC

and whats the fucking point of all this dps and vaal pact if you said yourself you skip most bosses ... i just dont get it /facepalm

"
Myrthr wrote:
How on earth do these crazy dps builds deal with reflect?

in this case I think the build is susceptible to phys reflect, elem reflect, AND thorns. That's a lot of map mods/fights you have to skip.

Or is this a PVP build?

vaal pact, the life leech from the non-reflected portion helps a lot, being 50/50 ele / physi makes LS awesome like that

mixed ele / phys reflect would be an issue though
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jan 20, 2014, 5:52:20 AM
[b][/b]
"
Leppas wrote:
Let me dissappoint you right off the bat: I post this here to save myself time ingame. Instead of trying to take some time to explain my gear and tree to everyone that asks, they can simply come here and check it out. I wont do a step by step explanation on the build, I cant help you with suggestions on your build. If you dont sit with 100exalts readily to spend i dont recommend doing this build. You are welcome to post for help to do a similar build, maybe someone in the thread is kind enough to answer your questions. I reiterate: This is not a post for me to help you out to do this build, its a timesaver for me.

First off, I dont take full credit for this build, an almost chinese guy (thaiwanese) named Nhat came with the core idea which i made some tweaks on. I was so appreciative that i offered him 5 exalt for the advice, to which he declined.

Gear

Spoiler

Skilltree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecEsQV9BbUOSBB7ES8RlhLhGdUZ1xpVGtsbrRvIHoEk_Si1KaUqOCsKMww26DvhPeI-z0MxRwZI7kuNTGBOKlFHU99W6lb1VvpY21uvXIpeE185X2phIWNDZKNtGW5pcFJwVnDVeK5943_GhNmE74hCiGuNv5AblWaX0JkrmZqaE5uDnaOfy6KjouqnK6c0rK-0xbZBtve307k-vYG95r46vqfAUcEAwcXB88Lsw23EuMqQ037VANX418vbGttu29TdDd3j4vfjhOdU6f7rY-wY7g7vTvLh9Uv5Y_yr_MX-K_8c_94=

Interesting stats:
-226k dps (lifeleech in link, someone providing anger + wrath + conduit, 4 frenzy charges, 5 powercharges) (Unbuffed in town - 49.5k dps)
-6k armour
-6200 ES
-54% blockchance vs attacks (0 spellblock thus die to bosses at 30%)
-whirling blades with 20/20 Faster attack and really high attackspeed for high mobility
-semi immune to reflect due to lightning strike splits dmg into phys and elemental.
-all mobs triple shockstacked upon touch due to 80% crit chance, 820% crit multi and high lightning dmg

So the Idea is to use a dagger with high crit chance coupled with as much attackspeed you can squeeze out. The choice of dagger is quite easy due to the skilltree, no weapon nodes are as good/valuable per point as the dagger nodes. The easiest way to do this is with a Shavronnes Wrapping and using the lowlife feature with bloodrage. In terms of points on skilltree, the 54% attackspeed bonus is unprecedented. Can it be done without Shavs? Absolutely. Can you reach 200k+ dps? Absolutely not.
As Flubby showed us in Anarchy league, the way to reach really high dps is with combining a mix of 3 things: Attackspeed, elemental damage, crit chance/multiplier.

It has some limits though, you need to have enough manapool and manaleech to sustain a 6L manacost (63/attack for my choice of gems), if you dont have enough mana to cover the cost of attacking, well your tooltip dps would just be a lie since you cant sustain it. I specced into manaflows giving higher manapool out of 2 phys dmg nodes (leech rate is dependant on total manapool).

I do not recommend this build to other users as many cant afford the itemsetup. I dont want/need suggestions on this build as I have a clear picture of where i want to go from here with this build. I dont think of this build as a superbuild as I skip most bosses. I can kill the bosses with this build really quick, but I might die 3/10 attempts. The way that xp penalty upon death works combined with the cost of rolling maps to gain 10% xp makes killing bosses uninteresting for me. It takes approximately 10hrs of maptime for me to gain 15% xp. 10 hrs of map time is approximately 35-40 maps. If I would do all bosses on all maps I would for sure be close to 0% xp most of the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info