The Flaming Buffalo: RF, Blood Rage, Low life, 30-34k Cyclone, high MF (with Vulnerability Maze vid)

Hello!

Many ppl asked me about my build, so i share it now :)
First notice its a late endgame setup, most of the itemz are expensive.
The build works with mara/scion (scion would be the best).

New videos:
Maze map with Vulnerability,+monsta life and reflect!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74u307XRnaY

Merc Dominus killing- dps show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPKMPmBmIc0

Old videos (no Blood Rage):
Spoiler
(Dominus kill in 4 sec):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpaR_EEnt8Y

Bazaar map with 221%IIR -monstaz do cold damage---> i got massive freeze sometime, but it shows how my defense mechanic works :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFZZpgeZ7tw

I dont make photos about the current stats, just write them shortly:
- 6-7k ES (Higher ES--->lower IIR/IIQ)
- 1.2k max life
- Cyclone dps with RF: 25k-35k (Higher dps-->lower IIR/IIQ)
- Cyclone dps without RF: 18k
- RF dps: ~50k (with EE and curse)
- 91/77/77/13% Resists
- Block: 50% (spellblock depends on gear, but usually I run with 6%...)
- Armour: no ; Eva: no

So now my build can handle almost all map mods, and dont need to turn off RF on Vulnerability/Half regen maps! Vulnerability are outregenerated without blood rage, and with simple map mods i can run RF+Blood rage too without degen ( with 89 fire resist it was possible too!), and i have just 13% chaos resist.
The build have great killing speed on maps, in party too, and beast in pvp.
Also I can use IIR itemz without loosing much from the effectiveness.

My gear
Spoiler

Primary(PVP) gear:

Mf stuff:

RF casting:

Flasks:

Switch items (maps/pvp):

My tree-lvl 91

Bandits:
Spoiler
Skill,skill,skill

So, how it works?

Casting RF:
Spoiler

I use my switch itemz and 2xRedbeak in my offhands to the casting.
Ryme gaze is needed on chaos damage maps, when i died sometimes instantly, when i entered the map LOL.
The damage output of RF will be MUCH higher, if i will have ~1k es armour to cast RF...

Casting Blood Rage:
Spoiler
Blood Rage linked with BM gem costs 49 life, i have 51:) That is why i need the instant life potion.
My 13% chaos resist enough to run Blood rage and RF too.

Auras:
Spoiler
Discipline, Hatred, Vitality, Purity of Fire, Purity of all Elements.
2x40% aura on life, 2x60% +1x40% aura on mana (13% reduced mana reservation is needed from passive tree)
U can replace Hatred---->Grace ... i dont need it.

Skills:
Spoiler

Cyclone > Conc Eff. > Melee Phys. > Faster A. > Increased Area/Added Chaos/IIR > Weapon Ele/IIQ
Max dps: 34k with 3 frenzy charges.

Leap Slam
no place to link it with Faster A. , but with Blood Bage it doesnt needed.

1.CwDt lvl 4: - 2xEnduring Cry lvl7 - Vulnerability lvl 5/Ele Weakness lvl 6/Shock Nowa lvl 8
Shock Nowa on no curse maps.

2.CwDt lvl 11 - Immortal Call lvl 11 - Increased Dura 20/20

Blood Rage - BM

RF > Conc Eff > Increased Burning > Increased Area > Empower
Maybe i vill try Enchance, or IIQ/IIR.

Play:
Spoiler
MF runs:

I can do Piety/Dominus with full mf gear without any problems, the runs takes about 2 min, but i do it slow, dont jump fast to the boss, so i just kill monsterz, looking at the landspaces:D etc...
Piety and Domi dies in 2-3 sec, and the drop is nice.

Map runs:

I do lvl 70-75 maps with full mf gear too, without big problems.
On 76-78 maps i take off the mf gloves...
On hard bosses i can use my switch itemz, or maybe some extra light/cold resi flasks.
Can do Vulnerability, and Half regen maps too, no regen=skip or no RF, BM=reroll, -max resi=WTF skip or no RF

I've done Piety in Temple/Shrine, Shipyard boss, Crema boss, lvl 74 Dominus ,lvl 74 Maze boss,lvl 76 Academy boss, Poorjoj... many mods and times.
I have no armor/eva, but i found casters are harder than phys damage bosses: vs phys dam bosses i never was in trouble.

Dangerous things:

-lvl78 map Dominus ---> I was 1 hit!!! (i dont checked the map exactly, it has Temp Chains, but gg me stonk :D )
-lvl72 Torture Chamber map boss killed me in 6 man party, when i was "tanking" him alone lol... Dont remember the mods, and maybe if i stop cyclone, when i see my ES goes down like 200, i could survive it, or maybe with topaz flask...
-I casted RF with my switch armor on chaos damage map .... LOL... about 3 times.

Since i use Blood Rage, i dont die, the + life leech works great, and maybe i learned how to play better with my char :) (my last char, before it was an aegis build with nice block, huge life - so immortal - there was no need any skill to play.

Thats all for now
thnx for watching :)

IGN : FlatBuffalo
Last edited by laposbivaly on Feb 6, 2014, 8:01:35 PM
This build is insane i saw it in-game.
Thanks for the guide.

The build is insanely expensive as the OP stated but it is a build for hardcore players.
However, you can do it the other way around which is skipping the physical dmg part and only focus on the RF part ,which can save you a tons of money on buying the legacies.

Read his passive tree, I would say indeed there are some points unnecessary and can be taken out. Also, it is better to start as scion.

After all, the main difference bettwen running health based RF & ES based RF is the amount of damage you can put out.

HP based RF can go as high as 80K+ dmg, and 10K hp, 15K~20K armor, but you take 90% of the RF dmg, which is 8.1% hp per second with 90% fire resist.

ES based RF can go as high as 40K+ dmg and 5K ES, ~5K armor, taking 70% of the RF dmg, which is 6.3% hp per second with 90% fire resist.
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Quality Stuff Center (QSC)۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/800000

All high end stuff for the best price!
"
Azloki wrote:
Thanks for the guide.

The build is insanely expensive as the OP stated but it is a build for hardcore players.
However, you can do it the other way around which is skipping the physical dmg part and only focus on the RF part ,which can save you a tons of money on buying the legacies.

Read his passive tree, I would say indeed there are some points unnecessary and can be taken out. Also, it is better to start as scion.

After all, the main difference bettwen running health based RF & ES based RF is the amount of damage you can put out.

HP based RF can go as high as 80K+ dmg, and 10K hp, 15K~20K armor, but you take 90% of the RF dmg, which is 8.1% hp per second with 90% fire resist.

ES based RF can go as high as 40K+ dmg and 5K ES, ~5K armor, taking 70% of the RF dmg, which is 6.3% hp per second with 90% fire resist.

Let me tell my opinion about it:)

Expensive true, but my goal was making an RF build, which can handle the hard situations, which are trouble for the most of RF-ers:
-skipping many map mods
-no life leeching
Now all is fixed, i have 14% life leech, with high phys dam, and can run all maps (just need to skip BM map, like the 90% of the players...)

I dunno how i can make better tree, i need the dex points from it, but show me what u got :)

Life Rf compared to ES RF : ES RF can have the same or higher dps i think:
if i canst RF with 1k armor ----> i will have about 10k ES +1.2k life... And also have + 6 link.
Armour inst needed here (for me)...

Last edited by laposbivaly on Feb 6, 2014, 5:23:44 PM
Updated with new video, passive tree, some new stuffs!

You considered Arcane Vision?
"
Madlox wrote:
You considered Arcane Vision?

atm no
Last edited by laposbivaly on Feb 6, 2014, 3:03:32 PM
Build is updated, new wideos added
Last edited by laposbivaly on Feb 6, 2014, 7:14:46 PM
build path tree dont work, can you update it thx
Hey Laposbivaly would you mind sending me your passive skill tree updated? I'm building your build atm and I'm lost.
Thank you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info