Multistrike possibly not giving full attack speed bonus

Possible bug with Multistrike:

212 HP regen. With a skill linked to Blood Magic and multistrike, 250 HP/s expended (per char screen info) does NOT outpace my regen. However setting up the skill so that it uses 250 hp/s without multistrike, and suddenly it does outpace my regen like it should.

What's going on here? Is multistrike giving such a high attack speed that the game can't process it, and I'm actually getting fewer attacks per second than I should be? (9.26 aps in this case). That would explain the lower than expected hp/s expenditure when using multistrike. Or is the mana multiplier on the gem bugged?
Last edited by aimlessgun on Dec 11, 2013, 6:20:10 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Are you taking into account that multistrike attacks three times for the listed mana cost of the skill? Calculating attack speed * mana cost is not the mana cost per second for multistrike supported skills.
I've never payed that much attention, but multistrike SHOULD be one attack, that then repeats 2 more times at the cost of only one attack and not 3.
If you attack speed is 9aps just to make it easy, then you are using MS 3 times per second. You you are using 750 mana per second.
Does that make sense?
"
Ezhiel wrote:
Are you taking into account that multistrike attacks three times for the listed mana cost of the skill? Calculating attack speed * mana cost is not the mana cost per second for multistrike supported skills.

Right. I divided my APS by 3. So for the 250 hp/s with Multistrike, it is a 9.3 APS attack that performs 3.1 multistrikes per second that cost 80 hp each (3.1 x 80 = 248)

Removing multistrike and fiddling with BM levels etc took me to a 4.5 APS attack costing 55 each (4.5 x 55 = ~248)

So both cost ~250 hit points per second. But one outpaces my 212 life regen and one does not.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Dec 11, 2013, 2:04:46 PM
^
^
^
Anyone else want to reproduce this?
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Anyone else want to reproduce this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info