Linking account and Steam account

Hello all,

I played this game in beta (before it was on steam), and so for this game my account was made thru Grinding Gear Games. I now want to play this game on my other computer because it has more stable internet connection. I downloaded and installed the game on the new pc in steam, and when I log in it says i need to link my steam and GGG account. So I confirmed all the emails and everything, but I have a question: it says if I link my steam and GGG account, my first account (GGG account) will be deleted. Will this delete all of my characters? Because I don't want that to happen. Is there a way to access my GGG account thru Steam, or link them without deleting characters? Or does this not delete my characters and i am just worrying?

Thanks!
it really depends on whether you've played or launched poe in steam already.

if so, it already created an account for use with stream. if you link now with multiple accounts, your old account will be overwritten and lose access until support can help you.

if you haven't launched poe in steam yet, then you can link to steam from this site safely in the Manage Account -> Steam section.

it all comes down to how many accounts you have linked already.
Okay I have launched POE in steam on this new machine but I have not entered in any information for it yet. It still prompts me to link or create an account, so i do not think the steam verison created an account for me. However, I did still log in to steam from this website, I just have not done the final step of linking the accounts by clicking yes after clicking on the link in my email.
the good news is that if you mess up, it can be fixed.

the bad news is that if you mess up, it takes 5 to 7 days to fix.
ok, I did the same as above. I linked my accounts AFTER I ran POE through steam. how can I fix this?
Recommending contacting GGG support by mail

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info