Legacy Items: An Owner's Thoughts & Guild's Thoughts & Our Petition!!! Note: Moderators Needed!

I own multiple Kaom's Hearts and other various legacy items aside form ones that will supposedly become legacy after the new patch. While it benefits those who own these items, it really hurts the majority of the community. I do not want to take part in pvp with an unfair advantage. If I win a pvp match, I want it to be more about how well my team worked together as opposed to which team had more legacy items at their disposal. Today I sat down with my guild that has decided to quit and move on if the current changes are in effect at launch. Out of about 300 of my 500+ clan members that remained prior to the last few patches, 244 of the 300 left over now vote to quit and find a new game that majority of the clan would like to play if changes to legacy items are not addressed. I speak not only for myself but on the behalf of a large guild that has for the most part been here from the start of OB and/or taken part in various testing phases. Again, this is not a qq thread about legacy items because I don't own them... I own a ton of them, but I find it to be unfair to the rest of the community and my clan members if legacy items exist (like Kaom's heart). Perhaps we could start a petition here so that the community could get a better idea of what the 'majority' of players want out of the patch updates. I can't say that my clan represents the majority, but I wouldn't be surprised if their thoughts are a reflection of a good portion of the community. I will use this information to better assess what actions my guild should take in the long-run, so please keep things civil.

Petition for nerfing all items (like Kaom's Heart) and not just the new ones (nerf both the old one and new ones). Sign the petition with the words "I agree" or "I disagree". If you agree, that means you agree that certain legacy items should not exist in the patch update. If you disagree, then you are fine with the current patch notes. Please note that Chris @ GGG has stated before that there is a split of 50% players in standard league and 50% in other leagues on average. With this regard it is foolish to assert that no one cares for standard. Some people are casual players, and there are many people in my guild that have a very busy life, so doing the 4 month leagues is too short of a period of time to get adjusted. Time is a factor; however, a permanent league is nice for those who are casual but still want to retain certain achievements they've acquired (despite how long it took them to get there). Creating legacy items will only deter players of a certain casual type (along with other types) from playing PoE. Please refrain from being rude. I also ask any mods that may be watching to block people who don't abide by stipulations set forth by PoE GGG. However, please keep this thread open as this is a vital moment for my guild along with 100s if not thousands of other players who await the final decisions by GGG that will ultimately determine their gaming destiny.

I sign this petition for myself and on behalf of the majority of my guild, Evla Valros, 300 voted with a vast majority rule arriving to the final result:

"I agree" legacy items like Kaom's Heart should not exist, and we hope GGG at the very least takes our thoughts into consideration (as they have done many times in the past, and we thank you for that).

Signed, Berakhah of Evla Valros guild

Clan Lord with 300 + members majority rule voted "I agree"

Voting Results so Far:

Of the 40 x pages the VAST Majority = "I agree" (excluding the votes from my guild)
The majority agree that items like Kaom's Heart, Soul Taker, Shavronne's Wrappings, and other OP BIS should not exist as Legacy Items.

Note to Moderators: If anyone is talking about anything other than the issue regarding LEGACY ITEMS, please remove their post in this thread. They are simply to say they Agree or Disagree, and they can offer some insight on the issue, but it has to be about Legacy items. Anything else is considered off topic.

Side Note: Not many people in my position would come out and defend the majority that are not part of the elite group who were lucky enough to buy/find said legacy items. I have lost a few nights worth of sleep trying to collect data from my guild and other guild lords along with collaborating with other individuals/groups from the community. I will continue to stay up another night with no sleep because it is not only my responsibility as a guild lord, but I believe in doing what I feel is right (despite how adversely it will affect my in-game purchasing power). I am not about greed when I see my people, my fellow community members, feeling like people at the top will not stand up for them. Well, I will not stand idly by anymore and watch them suffer without a voice. I am Berakhah; I am here at your service (no matter what vote you cast, you are part of the crowd I'd call family. I love this community, and I want it to continue to flourish!).

So... yes... I will stay up and stay here for the remainder of time and count the votes, and count the votes, and talk about the issue(s) at hand in-game or in this thread. I am here to assist you the best I can.

Something inspired by those who have bullied me (instead of resorting to their antics, I find refuge in words and my imagination; words also saved me when I was younger... when I wanted to kill myself because of being bullied and raped... words are more powerful than we think... in both good and bad ways):

I am Berakhah; I am the warrior in the arena with a splintered wooden sword; I will fight against the massive waves of shadows and beasts, the abominations, and I will fight the nightmares and clash with their thrash--even if it costs me every drop of blood I have to give, but I will die only to live! Exile me from Exile! Slay me all you want, but I will fight until I am dead! I love this community! I will not have the guilty conscience I would get, having left my fellow comrades to die alone.

Some of us embark on a path of exile only to rise again as the sun, to shine on you, to blind you enough to see with your eyes shut.

UPDATE:

In the end, my best advice to those of you who have certain wishes, the best thing to do is to just not long onto the game anymore. Don't buy micro points. Just wait. People left d3 on mass scale, and that's finally what drove D3 to do the changes they did to appeal to the majority. I also got a response from Chris @ GGG via e-mail. He says the following:

Thanks for the link, I appreciate the effort and sentiment. I can't reply or do anything about it in the immediate future because we're hours away from release and desperately trying to get the game to deploy properly.

Chris

This is my response:

I appreciate the feedback, and I understand your situation. I used to work for David Perry's Acclaim, and things were in a state of pandemonium at times. I am sorry if my first e-mail had any typos--I am OCD about what I write due to my profession. I am currently discombobulated for having stayed up for 4 days without sleep. It is now 6:32 AM my time (GMT - 7).

GGG has done something to bring back a part of us that died in the past with certain gaming companies. No matter what you decide to do tomorrow, know that you have made history for this gaming genre, and you have set the bar higher for titans like Blizzard Entertainment. You also inspired me professionally to take certain risks. Thank you for all that you have done and for allowing me to take part in the experience.

Sincrely, CWS, a GGG fan.

I can finally go to sleep after having no sleep for 4 days now... I admit that GGG has done a lot to raise the bar for this gaming genre, but from what I ascertained over this week from the public, I feel that some people are being left out, and I tried to stand up for you guys... I did my best. We shall see where we take it from here. Good night my friends.

Total tally between Berkhah's guild + Valiant's + this petition = over 2,000 Agrees vs a handful of disagrees (comparatively). This in conjunction with my analysis of what I ascertained over the week seems to speak loud and clear to me. Right now the game is not casual friendly, and it will only get worse on release. Oh, and I also noticed an increase of 1000% in the number of pms I received today from RMT sites... I wonder why...

So... remember, this all comes from someone with an eidetic memory. This comes from someone who has worked dealing with such matters with gaming companies like David Perry's Acclaim. This comes from someone who is part of the 1% of the 1% when it comes to wealth. This comes from someone who had the balls to put himself out to possibly be crucified (we've seen how Blizzard handled people like me). At the very least they allowed us to have this petition without squelching us, so that is a plus, but perhaps tomorrow we can all get together and see if we can eventually find a resolution to this madness. Maybe things don't happen right away, and yes, it will take more time, but we can still get the ball rolling on our end. Power in numbers my friends, power in the thunder from the marching legions! Do not stand alone, my friends! Do not fight alone, my friends! Stand together, raise up your spears, and pound on your shields. We shall not, we can not yield! Bones shall be peeled! The battle cry can be heard from miles away, and then we matter, but together, not alone. Do not stand alone, do not fight alone, because we are all here, and we all have always been here. We are the exiles, but we are not alone!!!

UPDATE:

I have had to file a police report today. Someone somehow got a hold of my personal e-mail and sent many, many e-mails that pretty much were very explicit about things that are considered a death threat. As a matter of fact, in my country they are actually considered internet terrorism, and whoever has done this will be tracked. If you live in any country that works with the U.S.A. you can get into some major trouble. God forbid they were actually dumb enough to be from the same country! Shame on you for having to resort to threatening my very life... just because I started a petition on a video game forums? Please grow up!
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Last edited by Sam on Oct 23, 2013, 1:04:53 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Signed
I agree. Didn't like 'em in D2, don't like or want 'em here.
I agree. No reason for all this drama when the only gain is nostalgia at best.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
I agree. One of the reasons why I always PvP'd in ladder, rather than Non-ladder in D2. Good post.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Oct 22, 2013, 6:32:19 PM
Can you post a screenshot of your currency tab and koams tab?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I don't sign. If you want item/economy wipes, play ladder.

Playing in an always-on league like standard by its very nature means that players who have invested more time, or been around longer (and in this case, acquired select items), will have an advantage. That's part of the league. You can't just say "but some of us don't have time to play ladder," well then you don't have time to play ladder. You get to play standard, where the economy isn't perfect. Whether it's legacy items pre-release, or legacy items post-release, this topic will come up again as the game balances over time.
Last edited by RondaRousey on Oct 22, 2013, 6:34:06 PM
googled "Evla Valros" to no avail, you didn't by chance inserted the same plate 5 times? it's just that the referrer "v=17f8ffa792c762b835e741a162fdb1e12" is always the same.

are you some irc-only clan?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
RondaRousey wrote:

Those leagues do not appeal to certain 'casual players' Please read the OP from start to finish. I represent myself and 300+ other players atm. We had a meeting to vote today, and the vast majority decided, not just me...

"
geradon wrote:
googled "Evla Valros" to no avail, you didn't by chance inserted the same plate 5 times? it's just that the referrer "v=17f8ffa792c762b835e741a162fdb1e12" is always the same.

are you some irc-only clan?

We were originally known as other names, but we do not mention all the names atm as we don't want them to be stolen if we decide to stay here. We are also working on a guild site, and it's not launched yet. Heck, we don't even know for certain if we will be staying here with how things are going atm.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Last edited by Azarius on Oct 22, 2013, 6:35:04 PM
"
RondaRousey wrote:

And a group of 240's power to actually get items for everyone that they need for their builds is kinda a joke...

IGN: Srslyagain
PM me bins on items I bid on if you have one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info