[1.0.5] Level 100 - Arly's Aura based LA bow marauder

Hello, my name is Arlius and I am the 3rd highest marauder on standard ladder as well as the highest bow user marauder on the ladder (level 99). I wanted to share my build and thoughts on a build I have grown to enjoy very much. This build can be adapted to several other classes as mentioned in the "Class rankings/Build variants" section.

Golden Destroyer bow marauder
Pros:
- Reworked for 1.0.1 - one of top Tier 1 end game builds
- High self buffed DPS
- Resistant to reflect due to voltaxic and 77 all resistances
- Runs several auras [purity + 3 additional auras of your choice]
- Highest survivalbility potential of any bow variant
- Able to achieve a ridiculous 700 life regen with blood dancer variant
- Easiest access to aura effect nodes, elemental adaptation and unwavering stance
- Massive synergy with blood magic keystones users as you will usually double their dps
- Absolutely amazing solo as well as group play
- Able to do any and all maps even impossible ones containing -max , ele reflect, no regen.

Cons:
- Extremely high level requirement
- very high gear requirement for certain item slots like armor and weapon
- DPS dependent on having excellent rings/amulet/quiver
- Very underwhelming at earlier levels
- Very little flexibility in gem configuration due to auras
- Harder to stack crit chance and maintain power charges

leveling guide

If youre a marauder make a beeline for blood magic keystone, every other class, use clairty + pendrus seal + atziri's fobile to support your skills until 44 when you can use blooddance to help upkeep blood magic gem costs.

Level using split arrow and get as much flat ele gear as possible:
1-10: use spectral throw with the last resort nailed fist
10-35: use storm cloud
35:-56: use a ele grove bow
56+: use either a lionseye , rare bow or voltaxic

Sample leveling gear:

level 53 template and gear set

I would take as many life nodes as possible while going for aura nodes near templar even the ones not selected in this tree. then go for aura node near US, then go for IR, then go for the aura nodes near ranger.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecFLQ48FCAUcRcvGS4aVR0UJwsn7TboNulBqlBHUFBUSVXGVdZYY1nzXz9gS2EhZKNk52aecql07XYIeu-ApITvjM-PRpBVn8unMKyqud3AGsbYz2XQ0NSP42rnUu8O8932SPcy-Ov60g==

Standard build V1 9280 LA DPS 27000 frenzy DPS 7300 life 300 life regen

LA damage solo self aura/charges 9280 dps, 31.7 crit

Keep in mind my amulet is still far from optimal and my passives are still in flux. I expect this value to exceed 12000 once everything is complete. This is completely self buffed (my own auras and my own charges).

Frenzy damage solo self aura/charges 27713.9

Defensive stats: 7375 life - 53 movespeed - 324.5 life regen

Life regen and movespeed are both incredibly underrated stats. With vitality, life regen is over 850.

Blood Dancer build V1 8700 LA DPS 27000 frenzy DPS 7400 life 770 life regen

LA damage solo self aura/charges 8703.6 dps, 27.5 crit

Keep in mind my amulet is still far from optimal and my passives are still in flux. I expect this value to exceed 11000 once everything is complete. This is completely self buffed (my own auras and my own charges).

Frenzy damage solo self aura/charges 27258.7

Defensive stats: 7451 life - 59 movespeed - 774.9 life regen

Life regen and movespeed are both incredibly underrated stats. With vitality, life regen is over 1000 but obvious at much lower DPS.

Blood Dancer build V2 8700 LA DPS 40000 frenzy DPS 7400 life 800 life regen

This is currently my preferred build variant as I absolutely love the design of blooddance boots and the amazing life regen it provides. Just swap rare boots for blooddancers and anger for vitality. You will have about 1000 life regen but much less dps. Also, swap enfeeble for crit weak now that reflect is not an issue to lack of hatred. This is the safer option for leveling ultra high levels 95-100.

LA damage solo self aura/charges 8735.2 dps, 35.8 crit

Keep in mind my amulet is still far from optimal and my passives are still in flux. I expect this value to exceed 11000 once everything is complete. This is completely self buffed (my own auras and my own charges).

Frenzy damage solo self aura/charges 40136

Defensive stats: 7451 life - 44 movespeed - 797.6 life regen

Life regen and movespeed are both incredibly underrated stats. With vitality, life regen is over 1000 but obvious at much lower DPS.

Conduit build

Swapping enfeeble for enduring cry and using loctonial caress or conduit passive keystone will allow you to provide 6/5/6 frenzy/power/endurance charges to your party in addition to auras and amazing dps. This is arguably the best the best support build that does not sacrifice personal dps.

Gear

Skills:
helm - Purity - haste - wrath- reduced mana [BBRG]
boots - enfeeble - anger - cast on damage taken - reduced mana [RRRB]
weapon - LA - WED - LMP - Chain - Life leech - blood magic [RRRGGG]
gloves - Frenzy - PCOC - Faster attack or WED - blood magic [RGGB]

Bandit quest:
Normal: Passive point
Cruel: Help Kraitlyn (8 ias)
Merciless: Pick power charge for hard crit/glass cannon , frenzy for blood dancer build, or passive point

What items NOT Mirror:
-Mirroring boots, belts, gloves or helms is the stupidest thing you can do in poe. These items provide very little DPS gain and overstacking resists is pointless. There will never be point where it will be worthwhile to burn 160 exalts on any of these gear slots. lack of dps affixes.

What items TO Mirror:
-Rare rings - Rings define your build, simply put. Much of your life or dps will come from here and are one of the best investments due to the difficulty of rolling rings
-Rare Amulets - I have not seen a mirroable one yet but these would be one of the better ones to mirror
-Rare quivers - One of the highest damage sources - able to get an amazing 5 dps related affixes - generally vastly easier to roll than rings/amulets/weapons
-rare bows - sadly useless for this build because of reflect. Do not mirror anything less than perfection or it will be made useless in 3 weeks when someone crafts another.

Build/gear optimization/tactics

Character building is about balance. Don't go overboard on dps. Focus on survivability first and foremost.

Overstacking resists: Do not over stack your resistances, this is lazy and unoptimized. Get exactly enough to hit max or a little over and use a gear swap on ele weak maps.

Gem swapping: swap out WED gem for LoH on ele reflect maps and maybe even stasis/half-regen/-max maps because one reflect mob can ruin your day and burn 10 exalts worth of time if another party member has anger.

Aura swapping: its a good idea to swap out anger for vitality/determination on half regen/reflect/-max maps due to the risk of reflect.

Gear analysis
Bow - Voltaxic is arguably the best bow if you want to level your character past level 90. Reflect is simply too dangerous but remember thorns will still gimp you. Rare mirror thicket bows will give you nice dps but you will probably never level past 88.
Armor - Koams heart is mandatory for the build unless youre willing to sacrifice a lot of crit/dps nodes
Gloves - Thunderfist are unbeatable for dps
Belt - A rare belt with tri res and life is ideal, WED is a nice bonus but not mandatory
Ring/Amulet - Life + wed + ele or some flavor of the 3 and some resists- these along with your quiver will be the biggest source of dps and it will be the biggest determinate in your final damage output
Quiver - Wed,life,ias and maybe some resists
Helm - personal choice but i recommend deveto's devotion or a rat's nest , starkonjas is also an option
Boots - life, movespeed and as much resists as you can find though i personally love blooddance

Class rankings/Build variants

Marauder = 10/10 - Almost no wasted points, close proximity to essential nodes
Ranger = 9/10 - A few wasted nodes, almost identical to marauder
Shadow = 7/10 - Some wasted nodes due to spell/int nodes
Duelist = 6/10 - Mediocre starting nodes
Scion = 5/10 - Below average with many wasted points
Templar = 3/10 - Awful class to use bows as
Witch = 1/10 - Worst class to use life based bows as

Special thanks to:

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MonopolyLegend For making one of the best designed and underappreciated uniques in the game.

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/VenatorPoE For starting the bow marauder revolution.

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/dakoos For being a good friend through out the years.

Please post questions in thread and not ingame as others will be able to benefit and its not efficient to answer similar questions from 6 different people.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 27, 2014, 1:22:21 AM
I really liked your post about bow marauder build. So i think if u can help me with my skill tree, tell what is wrong and what should i change.

p.s. Does it worth to spend 6 points to Charisma from Ballistic mastery?
p.s.s. If i want to use molten shell with endurence cry, should i spend points to endurence charge? (i mean does it really need to)
Thank u anyway.
Last edited by oldhoneydew on Oct 27, 2013, 8:09:40 PM
hi :)

I am new to this game and i like playing characters in unusual ways ! So i wanted to try out your skill build.

Unfortunatley your passive skill tree is missing some connceting points and has still 63 points left :/ can pls update your build so that i can follow your amazing guide :) thanks
reupload passive tree pls its buggy
"
oldhoneydew wrote:
I really liked your post about bow marauder build. So i think if u can help me with my skill tree, tell what is wrong and what should i change.

p.s. Does it worth to spend 6 points to Charisma from Ballistic mastery?
p.s.s. If i want to use molten shell with endurence cry, should i spend points to endurence charge? (i mean does it really need to)
Thank u anyway.

can you link your gear set to and what skills you use? you took only physical bow nodes so im assuming your split arrow or frenzy which works fine for your tree. you dont need charisma unless its required to run an aura.

I would not take innerfroce because there are easilty accessible aura effect nodes west that dont need 2 nodes to traverse to. I cant really see any marauder going for that node cluster now.
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 27, 2013, 10:02:19 PM
1. Why no Iron Grip?

2. Can you give some adivce how to "start" this build?
Well they are pretty shitty now becouse im really need points on my dexterity.
Spoiler

Then i will gear
Spoiler

And my ST for now
Last edited by oldhoneydew on Oct 28, 2013, 5:40:23 AM
"
Fleischtorte wrote:
1. Why no Iron Grip?

2. Can you give some adivce how to "start" this build?

1. voltaxic is the recommended weapon for this build because anything else will die instantly to do reflect and it does not benefit at all from iron grip.

2. you can just take my template and remove the furthest nodes from ranger and templar/witch area. the only thing you really need is 1) life 2) aura reservation nodes so you can run 4 auras.

"
oldhoneydew wrote:
Well they are pretty shitty now becouse im really need points on my dexterity.

youre doing fine. itll be a little whiles until the build comes into its own, primarily once youre high enough to access all 4 auras.
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 28, 2013, 1:35:08 PM
"
primarily once youre high enough to access all 4 auras.

So basically, to run 4 auras i need RM q20 and RMC on the ST like on my pffff new one

Thats not too much points to the Heavy Draw? I already regret that i spend so many points to life near the scion tree
p.s. Fix your gear, not everything showing.
Last edited by oldhoneydew on Oct 28, 2013, 2:18:07 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
1. voltaxic is the recommended weapon for this build because anything else will die instantly to do reflect and it does not benefit at all from iron grip.
Can you explain further?

What i thought:

LA --> (range physical damage *0.7)*0.5 lightning damage
Voltaxic Rift --> converts 100% lightning dmg to chaos dmg

AND

Iron Grip --> Str*0.2% range physical damage bonus

THEREFORE

IG will raise the dmg output.

"
2. you can just take my template and remove the furthest nodes from ranger and templar/witch area. the only thing you really need is 1) life 2) aura reservation nodes so you can run 4 auras.
Thanks.
Last edited by Fleischtorte on Oct 28, 2013, 2:49:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info