0.11.5e Patch Notes

Version 0.11.5e
  • The client executable used by Path of Exile has changed from Client.exe to PathOfExile.exe to improve compatibility with graphics drivers that detect the name of the game executable.
  • Fixed a realm crash.

This is a client only patch and does not require a server restart.

Closing and reopening the client will download the patch.

I noticed the Client.exe file is still in our installation directory, is it safe to remove it?
Last edited by Erelus on Sep 22, 2013, 9:34:12 PM
"
I noticed the Client.exe file is still in our installation directory, is it safe to remove it?

Well, if you do rename/remove it the launcher will just redownload it, so I guess it's still needed.
Client.exe just runs PathOfExile.exe now. It is kept around so that people's old shortcuts still work.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Does this have any ties to the performance on ATI/AMD cards?
Man_Mode
"
Does this have any ties to the performance on ATI/AMD cards?

It'll make it easier for the game to have its own profile in the graphics card control panel. Please let us know if this helps.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I started having problems crashing starting 2 days ago. I thought it was just my own laptop but I found another friend that has the same problem but is a lot less prevalent for him. It's extremely frequent for me. It even happens when I leave POE in the background and surf the internet, my screen goes completely black (as if it's off) and then if the crash isn't too long I'll return to my game, otherwise it'll crash the whole client / dc my character.

I was so happy to hear there was a patch today that will deal with these crashes. Unfortunately, I still have the same problems as before. And yes, I have updated my drivers and am playing on the lowest possible settings.

My graphics card is a built in one on my laptop called Intel HD Graphics 4000

Also, please note that I've been playing this game on the same laptop since January/February and it has been fine (minus the loud fan when POE is running) and I have only started crashign since 2 days ago.

Edit: It actually seems to be a little bit better. When I tried to play with my two friends, a lightning arrow and ground slam, I have lots of fps drops then eventually crash.
Last edited by Zaffrex on Sep 23, 2013, 12:00:46 AM
if youve moved your game manually from place to place you can expect patch to fail in the middle (probably the installer wants to replace client.exe and win7 permissions are a bit messed up after manual move)

you have to close patcher (after it throws) and launch the NEW exe - old one will not work

this will allow patcher to download remaining 300kb and it will all work again

btw - if you use firewall blocking outbound access - make sure to make it recognize new exe
"
Qarl wrote:
[li]The client executable used by Path of Exile has changed from Client.exe to PathOfExile.exe to improve compatibility with graphics drivers that detect the name of the game executable.

<3
"
Chris wrote:
Client.exe just runs PathOfExile.exe now. It is kept around so that people's old shortcuts still work.

It also lets your coders be extremely lazy since they don't need to change the launcher at all :P
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info