Gear art swap microtransaction, AKA please take my money

I would really like to see (whether through a microtransaction or as a rare Orb) the possibility to swap the art between two items.

Anyone who has played Guild Wars 2 know what I'm talking about. Imagine you have a Kaom's Heart and a Thousand Ribbons. You use the microtransaction in both and end up with a Kaom's Heart that looks (3D and 2D art) like Thousand Ribbons, but retains the name and properties, and vice versa.

EDIT: This is the best implementation I can come up with (with Headgear as example). I left my former ideas in spoiler form for reference:

Microtransaction: Art Swap (Headgear)

Right click to activate (in M window) and left click on two pieces of headgear to swap their appearance. This will remove the Microtransaction from the window, and display "Swapped Art" as a property line in both items. Click "reclaim microtransaction effect" in either of the headgear pieces to make them return to normal, and recover your Art Swap Microtransaction.

Older idea:
Spoiler

Another way to implement it (that makes more sense in PoE, I think) is a microtransaction that starts void but can be "imprinted" with an item, and then becomes able to temporarily display that item as a substitute of your current appearance. Example:

-You purchase the microtransaction "Appearance Swapper"
-In the game, you use it on a Thousand Ribbons, and the microtransaction in your M page gets changed to show a Thousand Ribbons icon.
-From then on, you can activate the microtransaction at any time and place it on your armor, and it will display a "Enchanted to look like a different piece" line as part of its properties, displaying the appearance of Thousand Ribbons.

Short of a full dye system this is the most exciting appearance-related microtransaction that I'd like to see, and one I would be spending significant money on. Please make it happen GGG!
Last edited by Falcord on Aug 30, 2013, 4:45:33 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Brought this up to a friend the other day - would be really nice for sure, though I don't know what PvP/cutthroat implications it may hold, if any.

+1

As for cost...who knows. I have enough GGGold and want for such an MTX that I'd gladly pay whatever it was, but that's only cause of the supporter packs. I'll leave valuation up to the pros :p
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Aug 29, 2013, 8:38:13 PM
"
This is a when, not an if. It's money waiting to be made.

The question I have for you, my friend, is how much would you pay?

This would make them serious money, I think. They should make a different microtransaction for each gear slot (so some you can only equip on chest, etc...)
IMO: 200 GGG points for the chest and head slot items, and 100 GGG points for the boots, gloves, shield, and weapon ones. I would buy at least 2 at that price, even though it's exceptionally over-inflated.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
That would be a really nice idea, although for weapons it should only work on weapons of the same type (2h sword -> 2h sword etc.)

"
Brought this up to a friend the other day - would be really nice for sure, though I don't know what PvP/cutthroat implications it may hold, if any.

I think for PvP and cutthroat it would have to be disabled

In terms of cost, 150 or so seems about right, depending on how it works (higher price the more variable it is)

My question is:

Should you have to meet the requirements of the Appearance item to be able to give it's look to something else? so for example you couldn't give the appearance of a glorious plate to a low level character
Assuming they are reusable, and that you can change the base item appearance any time you want (so you aren't stuck with, say, only being able to swap into a Thousand Ribbons skin all the time), I'd be paying 150 points at most for each slot (and I'd probably buy helmet and body).

Yes I take for granted that weapons can only transmute into weapons of the same type, otherwise it would be a mess.

For PvP, it's as easy as displaying the swap only to yourself, but not for your enemies (they see your true items) however, I doubt it's too big a deal either way.
This is the best implementation I can come up with after thinking of it:

Microtransaction: Art Swap (Headgear)

Right click to activate (in M window) and left click on two pieces of headgear to swap their appearance. This will remove the Microtransaction from the window, and display "Swapped Art" as a property line in both items. Click "reclaim microtransaction effect" in either of the headgear pieces to make them return to normal, and recover your Art Swap Microtransaction.

By doing it this way, it stays consistent with the way other cosmetic effects work. Also, it doesn't look like it would need a huge effort by GGG. They already do "art swaps" of sorts with stuff like Demon Horns, right?
Last edited by Falcord on Aug 30, 2013, 4:42:44 AM
Now, if this microtransaction comes into existence I'll seriously suspect they made some pieces of gear downright ugly on purpose :)

And pants microtransaction, people want pants, we got all kinds of helmets but no pants. Longtime players kinda got used to Templar flashing his granpa shanks now and then but first two lines of young bloods are 'what's up with this huge-ass skill tree?' and 'have I forgotten to buy pants in town?'

If it wasn't too much trouble I'd ask for a whole new 4-socket piece of gear, sadly, it is too much trouble.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Suggestion granted!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514428
"
Added a consumable microtransaction - Skin Transfer: You select two items and it transfers the visual appearance of the first one onto the second. The first item is destroyed, but can later by recovered using the "Reclaim" button in the microtransaction stash. Note that items with modified skins cannot be traded until the skin is removed.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Yeah, awesome! I was pleasantly surprised when I read the preliminary notes this morning.

I think I would've preferred a permanent MT, rather than consumables. Maybe they can do both at some point?

Anyway, as long as it's 10 points or less, I may very well grab a couple.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info