[SOLVED] Serious screen tearing in PoE with 144hz monitor

Original post
I recently bought asus VG248QE monitor (http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VG248QE/) and it arrived few hours ago. Ran PoE, logged in and when I move, and only when I move, screen tearing begins. I tried different settings without any effect except with v-sync. The problem with it is that it caps fps to 60 even when my monitor could run 144. Is this how v-sync works? I thought it caps it to monitor max refresh rate?

- I've Tried all options PoE has to offer
- I've updated graphic card drivers (gtx550ti - 310.54)
- I've installed 3D drivers I got on cd with monitor (lol had to try).
- I've set 120fps hard cap to whole computer via nvidia inspector.
- I've forced triple buffering.

League of Legends works perfectly @144fps, I don't have any other games installed so hard to say if it's only with PoE. V-sync caps fps to 60 in LoL as well - should I to tell to my computer manually somehow that my screen is 144hz? My 10-years-old 1600x1200 monitor looks better @ 60 fps which doesn't even support 32bit colors xD than this new with tearing ;o

Can't involve photos as I couldn't catch it on screenshot and my phones camera is too slow - the whole screen has movement blur =p

I had to do this manually. Right click desktop -> screen resolution -> advanced settings -> monitor-> screen refresh rate.

Now v-sync caps fps to 144 in PoE and LoL and it looks perfect :)

Last edited by Jyssi on Aug 19, 2013, 12:40:17 PM
I got a 120hz screen and i don't have any problems, i don't really know what happen on your side :(
Other 120 hz monitor owner, poe looks fine, but i never play with vsync.
I don't think your eye can tell the difference between 120 and 144, just turn it down a little.

IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Aug 19, 2013, 12:28:41 PM
"
h3rp3s wrote:
I don't think your eye can tell the difference between 120 and 144, just turn it down a little.

Nvidia inspectors hard cap was max 120 and tried it - with serious tearing. Now it's fixed, see the pic on OP :P
Last edited by Jyssi on Aug 19, 2013, 12:34:22 PM
You must not have installed the Nvidia Control Center Software, you can change it from there also.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Aug 19, 2013, 12:45:19 PM
"
h3rp3s wrote:
You must not have installed the Nvidia Control Center Software, you can change it from there also.

Hehe yeah :p I have it installed but didn't realise to use it. Thx for tip though!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info