Is there a minimum level for a 5L weapon?

What is the minimum level for a 5L item? Is the level req the same for armor as it is for 2h weapons?
pretty sure i saw a 5l that was usable by a lvl 23. very rare though
"
robble wrote:
pretty sure i saw a 5l that was usable by a lvl 23. very rare though

Usable yes, but the item level was probably higher than the min item lvl of it ;)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Unavailable

Lowest I've found so far: Lvl 32

-- Providing opinions since I was old enough to tell my sister she was ugly.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I didn't see 5-links dropping until around level 35. No idea what the minimum possible item level is though.
In a very grind heavy game the death penalty equates to...more grinding.
"
TheSwampDog wrote:
I didn't see 5-links dropping until around level 35. No idea what the minimum possible item level is though.

Well good for you! I've never seen a 5L item drop before even at level 70ish. And yes I do check the white item drops.

I've been Jay Wilson-ed.
Diablo 3: World of Kitecraft

Immortalsoulz: lvl 72 dual-weapon duelist
Zealato: lvl 41 Elemental bow ranger
"
GrimJahk wrote:
Unavailable

Lowest I've found so far: Lvl 32

But what is its item lvl? Pick it up ingame and while you hold it on your mouse cursor type /itemlevel into the chat.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The low 30s is when 5 links become possible; any two handed weapon or chest piece can have 5 sockets if it is dropped (or bought from a vendor) above that level.

If you wanted you could have a 6 link, level 1 plate vest, if that dropped above level 48 and you used enough jewelers and fusing orbs, or simply found/bought it that way...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info