Epic List of Changes v1.0.4

### Please note: This thread has not been updated in a long time. I may create v1.0.5 once the game comes in Open Beta. ###
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-ıl|¦║¦|lı-ıl|¦║¦|lı- Epic List of Changes v1.0.4 -ıl|¦║¦|lı-ıl|¦║¦|lı-

_______________1________________
-Buffs icons should be at the bottom (just above the XP) for easier visiblity and faster mouseover [SEE SPOILER ON #2]

_______________2________________
Spoiler

-Buffs icon border should be green and debuffs red (As of right now you can't tell if its a debuff or not until you've fully read the tooltip [which is problematic in a battle vs a new debuff]) [SEE SPOILER ON #2]

_______________3________________
{Bug} -Auras stay on when gem is removed and you cannot get mana reserve back unless u leave area.

_______________4________________
{Bug?} -Auras turn off when u leave area. They really shouldn't

_______________5________________
-REMOVED-

_______________6________________
-The last area the player was in should NEVER be reset. Only previous areas. For example: If i leave Area X and go into Area Y. Area Y should never reset unless I go into Area Z or back into Area X. This allows areas to reset for farming but will prevent your inprogress area from reseting while your shopping in town using a TP.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Areas absolutely do have to reset eventually. The servers can't keep them all up forever. We're working on being able to extent the instance inactivity time.

_______________7________________
-Town portals should have a timer on it (when mouse over) to show how much time before it expires.

_______________8________________
-Town portals should appear on the minimap so we can see if our friends have one up.

_______________9________________
-Shockwave totem needs a rework.
Suggestion: On summon, send many fast waves which slowly die out (making it very useful immediatly when cast).
Alternative suggestion: increase the radius of the stun, increase stun duration, keep same damage.
Currently casting a totem does not help since it does not always detonate until a few seconds and the damage and stun are useless. Cost more mana than the benefits of its stun and damage.

_______________10________________
-Allow spell binding change for the Center Wheel mouse button. (i have side mouse buttons i would like to use instead of that. i know a lot of players have complained about it too)

_______________11________________
-Allow key binding to town portal for a quick tp

_______________12_______________
-The Ship graveyard is ironicly harder than the next three areas. Monsters from The Coves (the guys that slow when dead) should be in the ship graveyard and the cursed mariners [teleport guys] should be in the The Coves.

_______________13_______________
-Linked items in the chat should show the description when you Left Mouse click rather than have to open chat and mouse over.

_______________14_______________
-Boulders, crates, gold pots etc; like chests, should appear when holding Alt. Otherwise boulders may be missed like in Cavern of Anger when a boulder is behind the map border.
Suggestion:
"
The labels on breakables was an awesome thing for me. Instead of removing them, I think you guys should have at least left a checkbox option to keep them on at all times. I hate the thought of missing a map drop within a map or pyramids because I missed a breakable object.

_______________15_______________
-Small apes should run away when all Large Aps are dead (those able to summon apes). Ofc they should come back and attack, but they should fear you the same way act 1 minions would run away when you killed Shamans in Diablo II [They currently only run away when you kill another small one. but the effect would be best if they all ran away a bit when the chief dies]

_______________16_______________
-Necromancers need a work (A lot of people complain about them)
Suggestion: Limit the amount of necromancers that can spawn within a certain radius of one another (ex: 1 necro per 50 feet square)
Alternative suggestion: add a cooldown to revive (ex: 4 sec cooldown between revives) or charges (ex: 4 sec cooldown per charge. necro starts with 5 charges so he can revive up to 5 in a row if all charges are off cooldown)
More Suggestions:
"
- Resurrected monsters only gets 70% of the HP of the orignal monster. Ie. a resurrect of a resurrect only have 49% of the initial HP.
- Necromancers use life to resurrect monsters, say 8% of max life per monster.

_______________17_______________
Skill gems should show info about the next level.
[SEE SPOILER]
Spoiler

_______________18_______________by Asayus
Buffs such as Hatred do not only reserve 30% mana but also use that much mana to cast. You cannot activate an aura that reserves 30 Mana if you do not have atleast 30 mana availible. They shouldnt cost the mana.

_______________19_______________by Kirisute_Gomen
Have an option to keep item compare always on in the Options

_______________20_______________by Gyver
-For PvP; Town portal should have a 5-10 sec channelling effect (cancelled when any damage is taken). Respawn option should appear 5-10 sec after death to see our killer steal all our gear (evil?)

=======================
Logs:
v1.0.4 - Added necromancer suggestions, suggested #19 by Kirisute_Gomen, #5 removed (will be replaced with a new suggestion soon, added suggestion #20
v1.0.3 - Buffs suggestion by Asayus
v1.0.2 - Added icons to show suggestions being debated, have been confirmed & have admin comments
v1.0.1 - Add necromancer suggestion and skill gem info
v1.0.0 - Starting list of 15
=======================
Admin commented
Confirmed change
Debate. This suggestion may not be liked by the majority of players
=======================

Help us add to this list! :)
I will be reading suggestions and adding to this list. I will also update as some changes are confirmed.

-ıl|¦║¦|lı-ıl|¦║¦|lı-ıl|¦║¦|lı-ıl|¦║¦|lı-
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Nov 17, 2012, 1:10:18 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bump - v1.0.1

Cmon guys post some suggestions! lets make a longer list so admins take this topic seriously
Thanks for the feedback! I've included some responses/explanations below.
"
GreenDude120 wrote:
Should be a pop up warning you that the item you are dropping/destroying has a spell gem in it
There is a popup if you try to drop an item with a gem in it.

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
-The last area the player was in should NEVER be reset. Only previous areas. For example: If i leave Area X and go into Area Y. Area Y should never reset unless I go into Area Z or back into Area X. This allows areas to reset for farming but will prevent your inprogress area from reseting while your shopping in town using a TP.
Areas absolutely do have to reset eventually. The servers can't keep them all up forever. We're working on being able to extent the instance inactivity time.

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
When you lose your TP, your area is reset
It's the other way around. When an area instance times out due to inactivity, portals leading to that instance are no longer valid, since it's not there, and are deleted.

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
Linked items in the chat should show the description when you Left Mouse click rather than have to open chat and mouse over.
This would mean that someone linking an item in chat would prevent you from being able to left click to attack/cast at the point in the screen the item name was, even if you didn't have chat open. That's not acceptable.

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
Boulders, crates, gold pots etc; like chests, should appear when holding Alt. Otherwise boulders may be missed like in Cavern of Anger when a boulder is behind the map border.
Small chest-like items that appear in clusters are intentionally disabled from showing in this fashion, because it was to spammy on the screen having clusters of labels.

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
-Necromancers need a work (A lot of people complain about them)
A lot of people love them how there are, and consider them their favourite monster. It's intentional that they require you to approach encounters differently.

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
Skill gems should show info about the next level.
I believe this is planned.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

There is a popup if you try to drop an item with a gem in it.

I'm sorry but over the weekend i lost 2 gems from dropping items. I never had a warning? Also the popup should appear when selling items too

EDIT: For some reason it does warn me now. thats weird. It does not warn you for selling items with gems tho

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Correct but i barely have time to shop with my friend sometimes. They need more time indeed.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It's the other way around. When an area instance times out due to inactivity, portals leading to that instance are no longer valid, since it's not there, and are deleted.

Thats irrevelant. The point still holds; the teleport & instance disappear. Which they shouldnt if your just shopping. Again the solution to this is simple: Timer should be shown on the Teleport when mouse over. And time should be extended.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This would mean that someone linking an item in chat would prevent you from being able to left click to attack/cast at the point in the screen the item name was, even if you didn't have chat open. That's not acceptable.

Not to compare but D3 does it and it works fine. I've never hit an item description by accident (perhaps because chat is smaller)

The solution i suggested may not be most efficient but i still think the current method is flawed. Don't you agree?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Small chest-like items that appear in clusters are intentionally disabled from showing in this fashion, because it was to spammy on the screen having clusters of labels.

hmm i understand how clusters would be problematic indeed. i can't think of a solution at the moment.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
A lot of people love them how there are, and consider them their favourite monster. It's intentional that they require you to approach encounters differently.

Well ofc. This is the beta feedback forum. Everyone is intitled to suggest what they believe should change. Personally I can see how the current system is annoying. I cleared an entire area (forgetting a necro stuck in a corner) and as i passed a second time (which the necro was unstuck by then) the entire room was filled again.

I strongly believe a small change could be made and tested to see if its an improvement. the two suggestions i made may help. (just make it a short cooldown or many charges. but atleast do make some kind of limit)

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I believe this is planned.

Great! If we could get this confirmed I will mark that suggestion as 'upcoming'

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Thanks for the feedback!

Np! I hope more people will post suggestions to add to this list. Don't forget to check back :)

Also i wouldn't mind having your opinion on some of the other suggestions you didn't comment on
Last edited by GreenDude on Jul 30, 2012, 7:49:22 PM
I'll see if I can cover a few more.

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
Epic List of Changes v1.0.1

_______________1________________
-Buffs icons should be at the bottom (just above the XP) for easier visiblity and faster mouseover [SEE SPOILER ON #2]

This suggestion has been made several times.

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
_______________2________________
Spoiler

-Buffs icon border should be green and debuffs red (As of right now you can't tell if its a debuff or not until you've fully read the tooltip [which is problematic in a battle vs a new debuff]) [SEE SPOILER ON #2]

I like this.

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
_______________3________________
{Bug} -Auras stay on when gem is removed and you cannot get mana reserve back unless u leave area.

_______________4________________
{Bug?} -Auras turn off when u leave area. They really shouldn't

Both are known issues.

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
_______________7________________
-Town portals should have a timer on it (when mouse over) to show how much time before it expires.

Suggested before, acknowledged. I think that once GGG is done fine-tuning the duration of areas/TPs, we'll see something like this if it's necessary.

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
_______________8________________
-Town portals should appear on the minimap so we can see if our friends have one up.

Agreed. I don't see any harm in this -- as long as it's party-only. Some features that sound great for default regarding the minimap may cause problems in more hostile leagues such as Cut-Throat.

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
______________11_______________

If you find the rare Portal gem, you can do this, although it has a much longer casting time. Otherwise, portal scrolls are not meant to be 'quick' options. They are pre-emptive measures that you should lay down before combat, not necessarily during. I don't think we'll ever see a hot-key for portal scrolls.

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
_______________12_______________
-The Ship graveyard is ironicly harder than the next three areas. Monsters from The Coves (the guys that slow when dead) should be in the ship graveyard and the cursed mariners [teleport guys] should be in the The Coves.

The curve isn't that simple. I find the Prison much harder than the Prisoner's Gate, and The Old Fields MUCH harder than Fellshrine Ruins. It is not guaranteed that every zone will be harder than the last, or easier than the next. The Ship Graveyard Cave is a spike in difficulty, while the Coves are a bit of a reprieve before you have to face three pretty nasty areas.

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
_______________15_______________
-Small apes should run away when all Large Aps are dead (those able to summon apes). Ofc they should come back and attack, but they should fear you the same way act 1 minions would run away when you killed Shamans in Diablo II [They currently only run away when you kill another small one. but the effect would be best if they all ran away a bit when the chief dies]

Fair enough.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 30, 2012, 7:56:00 PM

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
______________11_______________

"
Charan wrote:
If you find the rare Portal gem, you can do this, although it has a much longer casting time. Otherwise, portal scrolls are not meant to be 'quick' options. They are pre-emptive measures that you should lay down before combat, not necessarily during. I don't think we'll ever see a hot-key for portal scrolls.

I personally think that it should be bindable. And your only pointing out your opinion. You cannot say that tp's are not meant for safety exits unless you represent the entire staff.

In Diablo II, you could bind Teleports and Indentification scrolls. The fact that you could do both (to me) means that they only wanted to make it easier for advanced users. Not as an emergancy. Otherwise they would not of made Identification scrolls a binding.

For that reason i do still think it should be implemented because I like using shortkeys for stuff (like tps).

It also helps hc players when lags or stuck glitches happen.

Thnx for your answers. Im glad to see some comments on the ones you like
I can say TP is not a safe exit for sure. If it was meant to be one then something went wrong. So many people are already complaining about dying while loading to town...

I also think it warns you when you are trying to sell an item with a gem placed in its socket.

✠ ✠
I love your buff icons.
Code. Frag. | gplus.to/mystrdat | twitch.tv/mystrdat
"
GreenDude120 wrote:

I personally think that it should be bindable. And your only pointing out your opinion. You cannot say that tp's are not meant for safety exits unless you represent the entire staff.

That wasn't my opinion at all. It was a paraphrasing of something I've heard a dev say much to the same effect. I back that up with the evidence that such a change hasn't happened yet despite many iterations of the game. I also note that people, some of the more hardcore players, complain that being able to portal back to town to refresh flasks at will, especially during boss fights, is 'cheating'. Finally, Path of Exile is considered a 'hardcore' ARPG and being able to hot-key an instant escape route as opposed to providing one before things get dangerous is seen as a reduction in 'hardcore'. One can, at the worst, run from a nasty situation, open the inventory and cast a portal from a scroll. It's not as quick as it could be, but it certainly accords to the frantic pace of the game.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
wiggin wrote:

I also think it warns you when you are trying to sell an item with a gem placed in its socket.

Could you (or anyone) test this and let me know plz? Thnx:)

"
mystrdat wrote:

I love your buff icons.

Thanks! i dont have much photoshop skill but i tried for buff icons and Skill lvl up info :P

"
Charan wrote:

That wasn't my opinion at all. It was a paraphrasing of something I've heard a dev say much to the same effect. I back that up with the evidence that such a change hasn't happened yet despite many iterations of the game. I also note that people, some of the more hardcore players, complain that being able to portal back to town to refresh flasks at will, especially during boss fights, is 'cheating'. Finally, Path of Exile is considered a 'hardcore' ARPG and being able to hot-key an instant escape route as opposed to providing one before things get dangerous is seen as a reduction in 'hardcore'. One can, at the worst, run from a nasty situation, open the inventory and cast a portal from a scroll. It's not as quick as it could be, but it certainly accords to the frantic pace of the game.

Point taken. I do agree that potions should not refill when you tp and that the binding could make it easier.

But i come from 7 years of Diablo II hardcore. and they had both Key binding for Tps and Hp/Mp refill at town (altho they didnt use flask so it would only fill ur current hp/mp) YET, the game was tough and i died hundred of times.

So i still think my point holds for the tps. The flasks i dont agree with. they should only fill up when killing and when you log in (because being stuck with all empty potions kind of sucks if you login on a different time)
Last edited by GreenDude on Jul 30, 2012, 8:35:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info