To the devs: Graphics question (shadows)

Hi guys,

I know the game is still in development and nothing is set in stone. However, I was wondering if you're still working on the graphics engine.

When moving, most of the shadows are a bit flickering which can be distracting. Is this something you might have a look at?
"
boxleitnerb wrote:
Hi guys,

I know the game is still in development and nothing is set in stone. However, I was wondering if you're still working on the graphics engine.

When moving, most of the shadows are a bit flickering which can be distracting. Is this something you might have a look at?

Would probably be a wise idea to provide your system specs, especially graphics card. I haven't noticed this myself; might be a simple matter of toggling down a couple of settings.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Can you explain further what you mean by flickering?
I have a GTX580 with 304.79 drivers. I have maxed all settings in the game - resolution 1920x1080, variance shadow mapping.

The shadows have a rather low resolution, so the edges are not smooth but always a little in motion. I made a video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4YaoBwtXKk&feature=youtu.be

I find it distracting, especially when many enemies and objects are on the screen.
Last edited by boxleitnerb on Jul 28, 2012, 7:47:42 AM
Ah, I know what you mean now. I suppose that could be fixed by allowing higher resolution for the shadows.

I haven't heard anything specific about GGG's plans regarding that, although I wouldn't say it's out of the question.

I'm going to move this to the art & effects feedback section.
Have you tried any other driver versions? Do you run anti-aliasing?

I run GTX 580 SLI and haven't noticed that happening. I've got my AA at 8, 2560x1440 resolution. I don't remember what driver version I'm running, off-hand (currently at work so I can't check).
It is there, you just have to look closer. It is more noticeable in brighter areas. Nothing to do with the driver.

Currently, there is no SLI profile for this game, but it's not really necessary. Runs at 60fps on a single card anyway :)
Last edited by boxleitnerb on Jul 28, 2012, 8:03:51 AM
"
Aixius wrote:
Have you tried any other driver versions? Do you run anti-aliasing?

I run GTX 580 SLI and haven't noticed that happening. I've got my AA at 8, 2560x1440 resolution. I don't remember what driver version I'm running, off-hand (currently at work so I can't check).

also running 580 sli and lateste beta drivers Nvidia

AA on 4 and i have noticed some slight flickering

Not all the time but its very obvious on brighter lit places

1080p reso
If you wish for a key? pray to the allmighty Keysus. If you want a speedy Blessing? Donate to the church of Keysus and ye shall receive a Blessing.

*Disclaimer- This is now a vintage saying*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info