BroTeam Cutthroat (1 Hour, Solo, Not HC)

This event is not part of Race Season Two. There are no prizes.

You may have heard of BroTeamPill - the Youtube channel that produces awesome videos like these. They're filming a second Path of Exile video - in the format of their "Fate of" videos (i.e. where they join bad MMOs and do strange things). To facilitate these shenanigans, we're running a cutthroat league for an hour so that they can get some footage. You're welcome to join in!

They're intending to mercilessly kill everyone, but because you guys have played a lot more, it may not go as they planned. Either way, it's sure to produce a special video.

A summary of general Cutthroat rules:
  • Partying is disabled in this event. You can still hunt with your friends, but there will be friendly fire.
  • This is a separate short-duration league that has its own stash (as usual). At the end of the event, characters and stashed items will be moved to Default.
  • There's a PvP damage multiplier because players start with a lot more life than they do damage. This multiplier will be adjusted substantially based on feedback from this event and others.
  • Players are hostile by default to all other players.
  • You can ctrl+click on the entrance to an area to use the Instance Management screen to manually enter any other player's instance of an area.
  • Cut-throat instances can hold a maximum of 12 players.
  • This test is not a hardcore league. When you die, you lose the normal experience penalty for your difficulty plus 30% of your current level. You also drop all inventory and equipped items. Your flasks, skill gems (even ones in your inventory) and quest items are not dropped.
  • If you were killed by another player, your lost experience is given to them.
  • If you attempt to abruptly leave the game in a non-town instance, you have to wait 5 seconds and are unable to move or use flasks.
  • The grace period of invulnerability upon entering an area is 20 seconds. This should start once the player is mostly done loading.
  • Non-partied players only show up on the map if they're nearby.
  • There are no notifications for players joining or leaving areas.
  • Portals cannot be used until they have been up for five seconds.
  • You cannot apply microtransaction effects to items in cut-throat. You may dance and have pets.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Note that this event is scheduled for around 10.5 hours after I posted this thread.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Partying is disabled in this event. You can still hunt with your friends, but there will be friendly fire.

LOL. Sounds hilarous overall, looking forward to the vid! My money says they get their rear ends handed to them by PoE veterans.
I like it.
Wow that sounds ridiculously fun! :D It's a pity it'll be middle of the night in my time zone. And I'll most likely be drunk by that time as it is Friday :)
Hope to see more of these in the future!
:( that is about 2 AM my time :(. And when I read there was a cutthroath especially one were some people are trying to get footage I wanted so badly to kill a lot of people.
Oh well maybe next cutthroath.
lol at the PoE vid with 2 and a half minutes of TQ in it. :-)
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
A game company made an entirely new event especially for one youtube channel? it's like 7 years of clicking the same presents during the Winter Veil never happened!
@slangDontStop
"
A game company made an entirely new event especially for one youtube channel? it's like 7 years of clicking the same presents during the Winter Veil never happened!

cutthroat existed in cb, they just renamed this one :P
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
cul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info