Unique Drop sound effect is too loud

The volume of the unique dropping sound is considerably (much) larger than other sound effect.

The same sound as in this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/s1g46i.
In fact, in the same video, the sound is quite loud compared to the lightning arrow and other stuff too.

It is NOT affected by the loot filter but from the "sound effect volume".
I have to choose between playing the game with sound effect turn to 0 or risk damaging my ears. Could we have an immediate(temporary) fix to this (if I could I would unpack the .ggpk and delete that sound file completely)?

Last edited by Neptunelav on Aug 28, 2023, 2:20:56 PM
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2024, 4:28:48 PM
Yes please, +1 to this. The sound genuinely hurts my ears and I have the sound so low I can barely hear my abilities.
"
Neptunelav wrote:
The volume of the unique dropping sound is considerably (much) larger than other sound effect.

The same sound as in this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/s1g46i.
In fact, in the same video, the sound is quite loud compared to the lightning arrow and other stuff too.

It is NOT affected by the loot filter but from the "sound effect volume".
I have to choose between playing the game with sound effect turn to 0 or risk damaging my ears. Could we have an immediate(temporary) fix to this (if I could I would unpack the .ggpk and delete that sound file completely)?

Same problem here. Nothing affects it.
Press O (Or open options), click "Sounds" and find the slider for "Item Filter Alert Sounds" and turn it down a bit.

I'm literally ingame right now and it's working fine.
"

Press O (Or open options), click "Sounds" and find the slider for "Item Filter Alert Sounds" and turn it down a bit.

This does not work. It is at zero and still blasts the metallic drop sound on every unique drop.

I also have disabled ALL DEFAULT SOUND EFFECTS in filterblade. It DOES NOT work for this particular sound.

It is not a loot filter problem, it is a default sound built in to the game that is completely unaffected by anything other than master volume.
Last edited by Seeders on Jan 3, 2024, 3:57:22 PM
"
Amrassirfala wrote:

While this would be the "normal fix" for most issues like this, this issue is deeper and can not be replicated by players dropping uniques.

having made a custom filter to only play sounds at 1/300, and having set the volume slider on the filter sounds setting down to about 5%, I still get the volume of Unique drops at 100% of the Master Volume.

However, I can recommend to others being bothered by this, lowering Your PoE Volume in Windows down to almost a minimum, and increasing other sound settings in-game, other than sound effects.
+1
it hurts my ears
I would 100% remove the sound effect in the ggpk if i didnt think it would get me banned. Please give us a slider I beg you
I also am in this group, I can be playing my game comfortably at night and then all of a sudden insane loud multiple unique drop blast, is not a per unique sound, it only happens when they drop the first time, horrible game bug.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info