[3.22] Golemancer Elementalist | Trial of the Ancestors

Video Guide: https://youtu.be/gnsxHEmY0gw

Build Explanation
Spoiler
This build has a couple key uniques to function as it is intended to be. First and the most important one is triad grip. We use 4 green sockets on triad grip to convert
all minion physical damage into cold. We use Stone Golems to make the best use of this. Other uniques, tho not really necessary to get the build going but still
needed are, Vis Mortis, primordial chain, bated breath and later on primordial jewels. Vis Mortis let minions gain 20% of elemental damage as extra chaos damage
and since we converted all our physical damage into cold we make full use of this affix, it also gives great amounts of energy shield. Primordial chain for +3
golems and the primordial affix to reach 3 primordial items. Bated breath for getting great energy shield related stats. And primordial jewels to get even more
power and golems.

We use many side skills to help our damage and make gameplay more interactive at the same time. Frostbite as obvious curse choice. Frostbomb for exposure. Frostblink
linked with bonechill for extra damage. Vaal haste as occasional damage boost button. Our offering of choice is Flesh offering and at later stages we use it on a trigger
wand. We get desecrate for those boss fights where corpses are hard to come by to use our offering. Molten shell on CWDT for extra survivability. And lastly convocation
to reposition our golems when needed.

For auras, we use Hatred linked to generosity to double our damage, at least thats what pob shows me. Purity of elements to get elemental ailment immune for both us and
our golems. Discipline to get a lot of energy shield. And later on with some investment determination to significantly boost our and our minions survivability.

We also get Chaos Inoculation keystone to get chaos immune, since it is already a bit of a task to cap our resists and get attributes dealing with chaos resistance is not
something we want.

Pros & Cons
Spoiler

Pros
Spoiler
-Great clear

-Good bossing

-Minions do all the work for you

-Easy to start the build going with cheap items

Cons
Spoiler
-Physical damage is scary.

-Not the tankiest build out there, even tho not squishy, play carefully.

-Endgame gear may get pricy.

-May struggle to get unique items in SSF.

PoB
Spoiler
https://pobb.in/ZzZzL8jWGsBh

Copy and paste the link in pob to import

Gem Links
Spoiler

Summon Stone Golem (On Body Armour)
Spoiler
...Summon Stone Golem... > ... Minion Damage ....
.................................................... V .............
......Feeding Frenzy ....... < ........ Predator .........
................... V ......................................
...Elemental Damage with Attacks... > .. Melee Physical Damage ..

Auras (On Helmet/Boots)
Spoiler
Purity of Elements + Discipline + Determination + Enlighten

On Gloves
Spoiler
Desecrate + Vaal Haste

Utility (On Helmet/Boots/Wand/Shield)
Spoiler
Frostblink > Bonechill
Molten Shell > Cast When Damage Taken
Hatred > Generosity
Flesh Offering (On wand if wand has trigger craft
Frost Bomb
Frostbite
Convocation

Items
Spoiler

You will also need an 8 passive 3 notable minion cluster and 2x 2 passive mana reservation efficiency clusters with hatred and determination reservation efficiency passives.

Mapping and Map Mods
Spoiler
Apart from the regular stay-away map mods such as reflect or lowered defences (reduced aura effect, lowered block-armor, - max res etc.) we must be careful for these mods:

-Players have reduced recovery of energy shield

There are also some mods we can ignore:

-Enemies gain X% of their physical as chaos damage

We don't care about this mod as we are chaos immune

Tips
Spoiler
-Try to go for open layout maps as golems tend to stuck between each other in tight spaces, making them unable to attack a target.

-When mapping and bossing, try to apply your frost bomb, frostbite and frostblink bonechill periodicly for max dps efficiency.

-In SC you can add Cast on Death linked with Portal to your gloves or you can go for Smoke Mine linked with Second Wind or Phase Run.

Leveling
Spoiler
I leveled with SRS until I was able to equip stone golem and thought it was fine but you can level with another skill doesn't even need to be minion related but to get in the mood I recommend using a minion to level.

-Keep an eye out for minion wands and shields for early damage increases as well as a +1 to all minion gems affix on a helmet.

Ascendancy - Bandits - Pantheon - Anoint - Enchants
Spoiler
Ascendancy - Elementalist

Bandits - Kill all

Pantheon - Soul of Lunaris/Solaris (Mapping/Bossing) - Soul of Gruthkul

Anoint - Practical Application (or if you want you can anoint an energy shield notable or a minion notable)

Enchantments:

Helm - Stone Golem Damage

Boots - Move speed

Expensive Upgrades
Spoiler
-+2 Wand with other minion stats such as damage or attack speed

-Good rolled +2 Helmet with good defensive stats

-Awakened versions of gems

-Good rolled bone rings with both minion damage and minion attack speed

Content Videos
Spoiler
SOON

FAQ
Spoiler
Will add once I get enough questions :)
Last edited by Zen_Zen_21 on Aug 16, 2023, 4:13:50 PM
Last bumped on Oct 8, 2023, 5:52:29 PM
Hey Zen_zen_21, thoughts on the new minion weapon that showed off? :o 2+ and the crit seems nice.
"
m0ffd0g wrote:
Hey Zen_zen_21, thoughts on the new minion weapon that showed off? :o 2+ and the crit seems nice.

Depending on how rare it is, it is definitely a great weapon, will look more into it. Though losing on trigger craft and self casting the offering will be annoying.
Why use phys to cold conversion?

Phys reflect maps are no problem with Yugul and Elder Ring (if one really wants to do them).

Since you're not using Harmony jewels your golems cannot sustain their slam attack, which deals a lot more damage than their default attack

And not to mention those "awkward" four green sockets in the gloves.

You DPS output isn't exactly "stellar"... in fact, more is possible with cheaper gear (2x CIP cost nothing... which cannot be said about a +2 wand and shield ;).

Here is a pretty "budget friendly" PoB, lvl 97, no Lab enchantments, no cluster jewels, rather random and affordable gear and yet almost 7m DPS:

Spoiler
https://pobb.in/sZzrdVucKkzf

And here's what I'm currently rolling with, lvl 100, all out awa and alt quality gems, Cluster jewels, some "legacy stuff" on the daggers (btw, your bone helmet has that "glorious" old 40% implicit, hard to get that in Trial of the Ancestors ;), 13m DPS:

Spoiler
https://pobb.in/bp0-UTgOO4L4

Note: I'm not using Desecrate & Flesh Offering, could fit it in alright but I'm just too lazy ;)

I would agree that CI does have its benefits but going "full life" instead at the start is probably easier to realize.
Last edited by tomay on Aug 17, 2023, 5:02:22 PM
"
tomay wrote:

Phys reflect maps are no problem with Yugul and Elder Ring (if one really wants to do them).

Since you're not using Harmony jewels your golems cannot sustain their slam attack, which deals a lot more damage than their default attack

You DPS output isn't exactly "stellar"... in fact, more is possible with cheaper gear (2x CIP cost nothing... which cannot be said about a +2 wand and shield ;).

Here is a pretty "budget friendly" PoB, lvl 97, no Lab enchantments, no cluster jewels, rather random and affordable gear and yet almost 7m DPS:

Spoiler
https://pobb.in/sZzrdVucKkzf

And here's what I'm currently rolling with, lvl 100, all out awa and alt quality gems, Cluster jewels, some "legacy stuff" on the daggers (btw, your bone helmet has that "glorious" old 40% implicit, hard to get that in Trial of the Ancestors ;), 13m DPS:

Spoiler
https://pobb.in/bp0-UTgOO4L4

Note: I'm not using Desecrate & Flesh Offering, could fit it in alright but I'm just too lazy ;)

I would agree that CI does have its benefits but going "full life" instead at the start is probably easier to realize.

Thank you for your kind input!

The reason with cold conversion was to make the best benefit I could with a damage aura and it was hatred :) .

Yeah you are right about the awkwardness of four green sockets but as I mentioned in the video if in SC people can use it with a Cast on Death + Portal or in general a Smoke Mine + Second Wind can be socketed there. I personally don't like the gameplay of smoke mine and I play in HC so two of the four green sockets on the gloves are empty for me.

You are also right about CIP but there are couple issues with it for me. First one is no trigger craft. Trigger craft makes life so much easier while mapping with offering socketed in it. Second is that shield provides good amounts of defence to the build which I personally like very much in HC :) . But it is a cheap option for people to get the build do more damage early on.

About the bone helmet part, I think you misread the enchant as implicit :) .

I will also leave a link to a comment I got on my post of this build in r/pathofexilebuilds , which may guide some players to alternate the build further:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/15peefe/comment/jvx2xx9/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
do you have a leveling guide for that one?
"
Shaddrak wrote:
do you have a leveling guide for that one?

Play life before ES :)

4,5K ES is low for me.
Have you try with Skin of the loyal or Skin of the Lords ?

I play a life build like tomay, with 6 golems, without Primordial Chain.
I found a Skin of the Loyal with corruption +2 minions gems on 3.21 for 1 div.
I play life build with 2x Cold Iron Point, Amulet with +1 phys, Helm with +2 minions.
My Stone Golem have +12 gems (3+3+1+2+1+2).
If you have Awakened Minion Dmg, add +1 gem.

My build seems like this https://pobb.in/kv4DD_Tn5qTN
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
"
Zen_Zen_21 wrote:
The reason with cold conversion was to make the best benefit I could with a damage aura and it was hatred :) .

I doubt there is much (if any) difference between Cold damage and Phys damage with Pride aura when you take Shock effect into consideration (from "Shaper of Storms") which can be higher than the 25% Exposure you inflict with "Mastermind of Discord".

"
Zen_Zen_21 wrote:
I play in HC

All the more reason to add a few Harmony Jewels. Not only will the Stone Golems deal a lot more damage with sustained Slam attacks (and increase overall clear speed with Slam attack dealing area damage whereas the default attack can only hit one enemy at a time), you can also add a Chaos golem which will provide a truly insane amount of physical damage reduction (46% in my case with more than 820% buff effect), works as a "force multiplier" (more damage per summoned golem type from Harmony) and can perform "menial" tasks, such as culling, maiming and triggering Feeding Frenzy (which in turn will free up a socket in the Stone Golem setup for a "proper" DPS support gem, e.g. Multistrike)

On the topic of physical damage mitigation, look for rings with an open suffix and craft "+1 to minimum Endurance Charges", the two charges do not have to be generated, they're always up and permanently grant another 8% physical damage reduction (and 8% all elemental resistances)

Voilá, all of a sudden Physical damage becomes a lot less "scary". ;)

But if you really want to be the "super tank", check this build's PoB (with "Melding of the Flesh") ... a whopping 150k eHP (likely more even with Brass Dome):

Spoiler
https://pobb.in/eoReYffaiY9Z

(I know, this is the legacy version of the Jewel but even in its current form you will reach 86% maximum for all elemental resistances)

"
Zen_Zen_21 wrote:
You are also right about CIP but there are couple issues with it for me. First one is no trigger craft. Trigger craft makes life so much easier while mapping with offering socketed in it.

To be honest, that 30% attack speed from Offering is not the "be all and end all", nice to have at bosses for a little "extra punch" but for "mapping"? Not really... and the skill being triggered in your wand comes with hefty cooldown punishment of 8 seconds, not ideal with a duration of 5 seconds.

"
Zen_Zen_21 wrote:
About the bone helmet part, I think you misread the enchant as implicit :) .

I did indeed, my bad. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Aug 18, 2023, 12:06:07 PM
Interesting build!
I usually like to play minions, specially Golens. Although I never tried a Stone Golem focused build.

Will definetly try this one. Thanks!
"

Spoiler

Spoiler

Is that "budget friendly" PoB universal for every golem build? Le't say i want to change from Stone to Carrion or Flame. Is it possible to use the same PoB?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info