Souls like PVP

Hello there,

Soul games have the mechanics of invading other players' worlds and influencing these worlds (Gravelord Servant).

Is it possible to create a league with such a theme?

There are also phantoms and their deaths in soul games. I would like to see this in POE.
Last bumped on Jun 9, 2023, 4:08:23 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Every once in a while GGG used to do extremely short cutthroat race events around this exact concept, and they were fun as a brief change of pace.

Trust me, you do not want this as a 3-month league.
If this is a whole ass league, I'm playing on standard or not playing at all. I don't play this game for PvP and I'll be damned if I get forced into it when some asshole, who is built entirely around killing players, shows up and takes 10% of my exp and whatever crap I was carrying at the time.

Summoner builds are absolutely fucked in situations like this. Imagine spending 9-10div on an AG specifically for PvE and then some dude shows up and instantly kills it. Nevermind the immense amount of time wasted having to constantly raise new spectres, zombies, etc every time someone appears and murks your ass.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Jun 7, 2023, 9:27:24 AM
This can be done in the form of individual events, such as thefts. The player will decide for himself whether he is ready to take a risk or not. And the reward will be great. In dark souls, you're only attacked when you're alive. So here you can implement similar mechanics. If you want to see more events and more experience, eat coal and fight.
PvP is hard to balance in a game as deep as this, and they have tried. I've had fun in pvp, but it hasn't really picked up in popularity for typical reasons. I made a suggestion here about moving pvp to Ruthless mode and I hope that if they did this, all chat would be turned off also, for the toxicity.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3359560
What is the value of my own life when it is taken from others so easily?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info