Some suggests for POE 2 or 1

I have been playing POE for the last 5-6 leagues and I have a few suggestions I thought I would post. I expect many of these have already been suggested but I figured I would post them anyways to get them off my chest.

1.) Show Strongboxes on map - I know we can have icons for chest like things on map like we do with Blight so why are strongboxes not on the map?

2.) Damage numbers - Probably for POE 2 but it would be really nice to have Damage number show in game when attacking mobs. Obviously you could throttle it and create toggles to turn it off but would be nice to have so people can gauge damage more accurately.

3.) Multiple Way points per a map - Not sure if this is a limitation of game engine that could be fixed in POE 2. Maps should have multiple way points especially large maps.

4.) Larger towns that feel like towns/cities - In POE 2 please make actual towns/cities, Sarn is not a city its like 4 people on a dock. Its ok to make larger cities just for ambience and immersion. It also helps to raise the stakes and impact of the story.

5.) Environmental change in maps(during acts) - To improve story you should have ways to change the environment of a map dynamically while the player can see it. Sometimes you can do it currently with using levers to open gates and stuff like that but it should be much more impactful and larger scale. Think a large drawbridge dropping in front of a castle then you can enter. From some videos of POE 2 it looks like there will be some of this which is great. Just do more of it!

6.) Nit-picky but keep Blight icons on map when you leave and come back to Blight map.

7.) Summary screen on passive tree similar to atlas tree. I saw someone mention this and I think its an awesome idea.

8.) Guild Hideouts need to have the ability to allow mapping. Currently guild hideouts are pointless. If GGG could fix this it could open a whole new source of revenue! It should be possible since you can use maps in the end game town where kirac is while others are there.

9.) Voidstones on the map device - I don't want to have to go to the "G" map screen to apply sextants. I should be able to apply sextants directly to the map device. Currently its annoying to apply sextants so I end up not using them most of the time. If it was on map device it would be much easier.

10.) Many items need slots on stash tabs. Why the heck do Kirac scouting reports not have a slot to store them along with an affinity. Why don't incubators have a place to store them. Stacked Decks have no item slot anywhere? Jewels?

11.) Allow movement skills in town. I never understood why this is not allowed. Sure there should be some safeguards on some type of movement skills to disable aspects of them. In general though the actual movement aspects should be allowed in town. If GGG does this it opens a new potential rush on movement skill mtx so people can show off in town.

12.) Movement skills should not take up slots from gear aka everyone should have a default movement skill. Maybe solved in POE 2 but I think everyone should by default have a movement skill that allows traversal over gaps. Since the skill is default it should not take up a gear slot. Having a default movement skill opens up so many things. You can build maps, bosses, quests, activities, etc that depend on movement skills. Since you can guarantee everyone will have a movement skill, you can build things based on this assumption.

13.) Key items shouldn't take up inventory space - Beyond the keys and quest items, other important things should not take up inventory space. Scrolls of wisdom and portal should have a separate slot to so it doesn't take up inventory space. Maybe a separate tab in the inventory for these type of items.

14.) Keybinds for certain types of actions - Identify, Portal should have a keybind. Open a door should have a keybind similar to "v" in heist. This is a great quality of life and accessibility feature.

15.) inventory and stash sort feature

16.) Itemization (big change) - Currently higher item levels only change the max tier of a prefix/suffix. The higher the item level the larger pool of mods there are. In some sense higher item level is worse. I think going into POE 2 item level should effect both the max and min tier of a mod. So a item level 85 should not be able to have tier 5 or below for instance. This changes a bunch of things. First it makes item level after a certain level actually important as it could increase the min tier even if max tier has hit max. It makes it so that rare items dropped on the ground are potentially actually useful. Right now with so many mods and so many tiers crafting is the only option and picking up items beyond a certain base are pointless. Some will say this makes it too easy but that doesn't have to be the case just change the weighting and you can maintain the difficulty of crafting high tier items while limiting the chance that an item is absolutely worthless.

17.) Rebalance drop rates of some currency items to make them actually usable. Orb of Horizon and Harbinger orbs for instance are pretty useless once you get to end game. They are most useful in early end game when you are trying to complete your atlas. Unfortunately their drop rate is so low that you can never really use them. Then when you complete your atlas and have your favorite slots/void stones unlocked they become pretty much pointless. They maybe had more value in old POE when maps were very rare/scarce even at late endgame but in current POE they are pointless. Other items that are so rare/scarce that they are pointless: Engineer's Orb, Orb of Binding, and Sacred Orb. While other more common items have almost no use like Enkindling orb. Orb of Binding particularly has almost no point since by the time you actually get some of them you can easily use jeweller's orbs to get 4 sockets.
Last bumped on Jun 8, 2023, 6:07:57 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
1- Strong yes- also list the strong boxes on/near monster count.

2- no, simply useless here. The amount of dmg here with mob density and dot effects would make the screen even more into clusterfk.

3-wp in maps? you mean campaign? we already have the in very specific spots.

4-this doesn't even follow the lore much, as most towns are just refuge spots.

5-that would be cool, but i just dont think it will catch on with the fast paced gameplay where ppl complain about clarissa taking too long to stand up lol.

6-yes, however its a minor nuisance since you can still see the veins

7-i don't think it will do much, this game needs a build in pob (still not accurate but much better than excel sheet)

9-i like this, very usefull

10-you can put kirac reports in your currency tab, everything else works with affinities for me at least. (jewel slot? how?)

15- impossible, unless you can elaborate on the implementation

16- i actually speak about this in my thread about loot vs enjoyment. This needs a change. I just don't think it will happen.

17-more orb drops? just no.
I just wanted to comment to the #16. If GGG does not want to create hard-lines what tier mods an item can roll, it would also work if low tier rolls were re-rolled once, and the higher one is kept. For example any mod rolled for an ilvl 85 item that requires level 30 or lower is rerolled once, and the better one is kept. That way worst rolls can still happend, but happends a lot less.

One more idea for itemization from me is to cannibalize abundant drops to boost the ones that were not cannibalized. If the amount of drops is too much, then eat them. For example every 5th rare item dropped is consumed to give one mod a lucky reroll from one of the dropped rare items, then after 20 drops cannibalize every 3rd rare item with the same effect. This way there is a chance all the rerolls can go to one item, but it is more likely the rerolls are spread to multiple items. And to be more precise, abundant magic items would affect only magic items, abundant normal items would affect only normal items, and abundant unique items would affect only uniques. The problem is it can consume your Headhunter drop. :D
I have a feeling that the developers understand exactly what you are saying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info