What you unknowingly mean when you ask if the game is good

I see people asking Ziz if D4 is good in his stream chat.

What these people unknowingly mean when they ask that, is the "Core Loop" sufficient in the game to trigger the brains reward center to warrant purchase.

Think of it like fellow drug addicts asking other drug addicts if the dealer has a good batch of their drug of choice.

Essentially that is what it boils down to.

Manipulation via the core loop to keep your brains reward system interested.
Last edited by Shnikins on Jun 3, 2023, 10:24:48 AM
Last bumped on Jun 13, 2023, 9:48:33 AM
pohx streamed it for 24 hours straight so it cant be too bad...never seen him stream poe for anywhere near that length of time

edit- didnt mean to single him out,i'm sure others streamed for very long times too
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Jun 3, 2023, 1:28:49 PM
Plenty of streamer get paid well to stream a game in a sponsorship with a company.
Sure everyone would gush all over the good aspects of a game while they keep back the bad aspects if the payment is well enough.

But I guess every individual should decide if the game is good or bad for them and not go after what a streamer says.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 3, 2023, 2:15:19 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
Plenty of streamer get paid well to stream a game in a sponsorship with a company.
Sure everyone would gush all over the good aspects of a game while they keep back the bad aspects if the payment is well enough.

But I guess every individual should decide if the game is good or bad for them and not go after what a streamer says.

This right here. If this wasn't the case then there are a LOT of people out there that think Raid: Shadow Legends is the only game you ever need.
"

What these people unknowingly mean when they ask that, is the "Core Loop" sufficient in the game to trigger the brains reward center to warrant purchase.

Think of it like fellow drug addicts asking other drug addicts if the dealer has a good batch of their drug of choice.

That's pretty much every game though, so I'm not sure what the point acctually is.
Last edited by DeepAlchemist on Jun 3, 2023, 3:01:22 PM
My man just went to his first psych 101 class.
the game is new. of course people are playing it specially streamers. won't last long i imagine though.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
More or less people are trying to find out what "game is good" based on internet activities, reviews, rankings, etc.

They want to shorten the time to discover good entertainment.
That's marketing.

In my opinion, that's fine if they don't become victims of their own beliefs over time and start blindly watching what "Ziz" and the others say and what they play.

For me, "what is a good game" is a matter of personal experience and taste, and I insist that tastes are not discussed.
"
Shnikins wrote:

You said all that, when really you could just say "Is the game good?" You can put your fedora on the coat rack in the corner.
Wait til you discover <all other human experience which also happens in the brain>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info