ExileCon better be amazing or D4 is eating POE2 for morning tea for the next decade

Early Access sees D4 hit 600k+ live viewers on Twitch and streamers from across the spectrum playing. POE has never had such mainstream success. Ever. Record league launches were 200-300k+ viewers at best. And the worst complaints so far are authentication server problems, which POE suffers from EVERY LEAGUE LAUNCH as well.

As much as I would prefer POE to succeed more because of the greater potential due to theoretical build flexibility, at the rate that this is going ExileCon must WOW people hard. Otherwise, at this development pace, POE2 might be timed around a D4 expansion. The plain revealed mechanics of the ARPG market means that POE2 will be a massive flop if that happens, especially if release-time balance problems and bugs persist as is tradition now.
Last bumped on Jun 13, 2023, 9:18:42 AM
Of course PoE has never had such mainstream success. It's not a mainstream game, nor does it need to be. Blizzivision's D4 promotional budget prolly eclipses GGG's entire annual budget; that's the benefit of being a large, heavily capitalized corporation. GGG is doing fine.

So, please, no more pointless "Gem iz ded" posts, folks. Most of those players swamping D4 with their megabux (thus guaranteeing a success for the product) have never even heard of PoE. And if they did, it's still unlikely that many would turn either game into a hobby. Casual players actually flit from game to game. It's we weirdos who stick to one thing forever. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Looking at "D4" it won't have any negative effect on POE mid/long term. Why? Because D4 is literally a reskinned D3/Immortal with zero innovation. Boring itemization and endgame. Same as D3.
I would expect the opposite: Players who play it because it is an ARPG (and not because it is Diablo) and waited for something innovative and really new will leave Diablo and find other ARPGS.
Last edited by yesname on Jun 2, 2023, 1:40:23 AM
It's almost like no game dev or server is able to make a smooth launch without issues with the amount of players. Not a single game has managed that by now.
Almost like the technology is not good enough for something like that yet lol.

even if patch 4.0 turns out as a flop the game is going to continue to exist like every other arpg on the market. Like hell even wolcen does just fine with their small audience of players.

But to your viewer comparison, Bliz is a large company with a few games. Sure wow fans take also take alook at a newly released bliz game. The large amount of players ain't just "diablo" fans.
GGG is just a small company compared to bliz but managed to achieve quite a decent amount of players during every league and just a single game without any big outside advertisement.

So yea small company vs large company with plenty of add spam, go figure the difference.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 2, 2023, 1:53:34 AM
These are two completely different games. PoE apparently earns enough money that ggg doesn't want to "enlarge" it. More players means more costs. Apparently, this ratio of the amount of work put in to the money earned is sufficient.
The problem will be when the regular providers of money start to leave.
I bought everything that is needed for the game (stashes) and I am not interested in buying mtx.
There are players who left $1,000 here. When they start to leave, then ggg or rather tencet will wake up...
Last edited by Mil0sevic on Jun 2, 2023, 4:46:23 AM
Paid streamer hype is real. Surprised it was only that much with the amount of advertising they were pushing then again its still early access. Let's see how they carry this into the future.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Jun 3, 2023, 9:06:06 AM
Delusion is strong in the OP post.

Dont think exilecon will have to worry that much even though i dont think much of this event personally.

-D4 has the typical cliche bad guy ending, no real surprise. The endboss is literally the monster from the OG 2019 cinematic and the guy who spawned her was a weak & pathetic side job of a boss.

-Lvl 25 beta gameplay = level 50+ gameplay.

In two weeks from now most streamers will move on and 2 additional weeks the rest of the player base.

I may buy D4 when on sale for 30$, not worth more in my opinion from what was shown so far.

Edit:

1st day D4 935k Twitch viewers / second day 620k and will drop below 200k in one week from now.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jun 2, 2023, 11:37:26 AM
hoho I think the real question is do you want the free battlepass the premium battlepass or the accelerated battlepass. Not to mention the paid expansions If I heard correctly. They milking that tit hard.
-Official Forum Dweller-
Last edited by xPiranha on Jun 2, 2023, 3:32:46 PM
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Dont think exilecon will have to worry that much even though i dont think much of this event personally.

-D4 has the typical cliche bad guy ending, no real surprise. The endboss is literally the monster from the OG 2019 cinematic and the guy who spawned her was a weak & pathetic side job of a boss.

In two weeks from now most streamers will move on and 2 additional weeks the rest of the player base.

I may buy D4 when on sale for 30$, not worth more in my opinion from what was shown so far.

Edit:

1st day D4 935k Twitch viewers / second day 620k and will drop below 200k in one week from now.

dont cry

d4 release date is 6 june
at moment is early access

millions seller easy

Spoiler
"
xDarkillx wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Edit:

"
xDarkillx wrote:

dont cry

d4 release date is 6 june
at moment is early access

millions seller easy

You have no room to tell anyone to dont cry lol. Just look at your forum history you've done nothing but cry for 2 years lol. hoho oh the hypocrisy.
-Official Forum Dweller-
Last edited by xPiranha on Jun 2, 2023, 4:58:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info