Uber Shaper crash

The game often crashes right after the shaper teleports me to the second phase, without any message/error popup, the game just freezes for a moment (I can see my character teleported to next location) and then just closes completely. At the same time, the crash cannot happen twice during the same shaper fight in different phases + i never faced crashes while reentering shaper after reloging, he normally teleports me to second phase and no problems occur
Tried game files veryfing, cache deletion, switched dx11 to vulcan/d12, nothing helps
This problem roughly occurs in 4-5 shaper kills out of 10

After some testing i managed to figure out only one working solution-turn off engine multithreading, zero crashes without it
Last edited by Archunques on Jun 23, 2023, 2:35:45 AM
Last bumped on Jun 4, 2023, 5:57:13 PM
if you can re-enter the area after the crash, it's a client side problem.

poe has a logfile in "documents/my games/pathofexile/logs/client.txt"

does it contain more info?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
if you can re-enter the area after the crash, it's a client side problem.

poe has a logfile in "documents/my games/pathofexile/logs/client.txt"

does it contain more info?

absolutely nothing relevant i believe, shaper lines before teleportation (for example,[INFO Client 9516] The Shaper: Irrelevant!) and that's it
if the poe client crashes, it collects some info which is sent to ggg on the next start.

you can lookup the info yourselves in the windows logs (event viewer/applications). it tells you some crash code you can lookup.

if the exception code isn't "c0000005 (Access violation)", it maybe points to a different issue you can fix yourself, like a driver issue
"
vio wrote:
if the poe client crashes, it collects some info which is sent to ggg on the next start.

you can lookup the info yourselves in the windows logs (event viewer/applications). it tells you some crash code you can lookup.

if the exception code isn't "c0000005 (Access violation)", it maybe points to a different issue you can fix yourself, like a driver issue

c0000005 unfortunately, trying to fully reinstall game+nvidia driver rollback, believe it'll help
"
Archunques wrote:
"
vio wrote:

c0000005 unfortunately, trying to fully reinstall game+nvidia driver rollback, believe it'll help

0x05 is a bad one

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info