[3.21] Pure phys wander - Impale champion

Please be patient with me as this will be my first build guide. Have been playing a wander almost every league since 2.0 but mostly played into the meta which was mostly double dipping or stacking. Got into pure physical since harvest and have tried min-maxing this build since then.

This is a relatively tanky build with 100% spell suppression, fortify from champ ascendancy, 35kish armor and evasion without flasks and around 13-14 mil dps all under a budget of 30 div depending on the market. This can be league started with, but it will not be a fun experience.

PROS AND CONS

Spoiler

Pros
1. Good and fast clear on a decent budget.
2. Tanky with 100% spell suppress, Perma fortify and 35k armor and evasion
3. Perma Onslaught.
4. Can do almost all content.

Cons
1. Hard to gear at start of league.
2. Phys reflect, and no leech maps are a no go.
3. No regen maps can be done but are a bother.

GEAR

Spoiler

WAND

Spoiler
This is the bread and butter or the build. Having a high pdps wand can make all the difference, but you can still make do with a 300pdps wand.

Its not hard to craft such an item and can be done in under 10div depending on the market.

CRAFTING
Spoiler

1. Buy a fractured physical hybrid imbued wand (for highest ias) from the market preferably t2 or a well rolled t3 (should cost 3-5 divines). If you wanna go all out can buy a t1 but it will be rather expensive (45ish divines).
2. Once you have the wand 30 quality it with perfect fossils.
3. Once done use a Deafening essence of Contempt. If you like the roll and it has an open suffix and prefix, go to next step else reroll.
4. Craft prefix cannot be changed and use a veiled chaos orb. Now comes the luck part of the craft.
5. If it hits a veiled prefix, there is a very high chance you can unveil %Physical and if luck is on your side, you get physical with impale chance. If not it's not a big deal.
6. If your suffix filled up by chance you can try and annul a suffix off which is a 60% of success, and if you dont want to risk it you can use the wand as is.
7. If your suffix did not fill up you can lock prefix and scour and then multimod attack speed and crit chance and you are done.
8. Let's say you did hit a veiled suffix, it's not the end of the world as long as your prefix is still open, if not then you will need to restart from step 3.
9. Now with the veiled suffix our aim is to hit attack speed which is a bit difficult but incase you dont get it you can take crit chance and if even that is not offered then back to step 3.
10. Bench craft %physical and try to get a high roll.

HELMET
Spoiler

I personally prefer and recommend Crown of the Inward eye with +2 power siphon enchant. It gives very nice hp, defense and a nice chunk of dmg.

SHIELD
Spoiler

This is where you can have a lot of options. If your other gear have resistance and you dont need any on shield you can get a shield with high life, accuracy rating and attack speed. Else you can mix and match on your own. Accuracy rating is a bit important here as the shield and rings will be the only source of flat accuracy rating.

BELT
Spoiler

We are gonig to be using a perseverance here because we will be running both grace and determination and that would allow us to get a lot of extra damage from the belt along with perma onslaught.

GLOVES
Spoiler

We are going to be using Kaom's spirit and abusing rage and berserk here. From our cluster and passives and some flat life regen on gear we are looking at 10-12 seconds of Berserk with a downtime of 7-8 seconds. You should aim to get Vulnerability on hit corrupted gloves.

Another alternate here is Asenath's which helps greatly with the clear but it will force you either have a +1 curse chest or to anoint whispers of doom. Also it will make you drop Rage and Berserk which is a good chunk of dmg.

AMULET
Spoiler
We need an aul's uprising here with either grace, pride or determination. Anoint it with Forceful skewring.

RINGS
Spoiler
Mostly fill up your resistance here and get as high as flat accuracy as you possibly can.
Priority wise,
Resistance, Accuracy rating, Life, Flat physical damage, Attack speed. If you have the luxury of an open prefix you can craft -mana cost bench craft.

BOOTS
Spoiler
You again want to fill up any missing resistance here and get spell suppression if possible. Other than that high life and Move speed are a very high QoL

CHEST
Spoiler

You should aim for a +1 additional curse, attacks have crit chance chest piece. I would also recommend the explode mod on it. Its rather inconsistent but it helps with the clear quite a bit.

Incase you are missing some spell suppression you can craft that on the chest. Because of the new life mastery that was introduced we do not mind the having no life on the chest as we can 15% more from the passive tree.

JEWELS/CLUSTERS
Spoiler

You will want a watcher's eye with +2 impale while affected by pride as it gives a decent bunch of dps.

Good clusters do a lot of this build. Try and get some similar combinations as below.

For medium clusters you want a projectile jewel with aerodynamics for the pierce which is a good send and I would say is a must

And for the small cluster I would recommend a life jewel with Surging vitality, now this is a must because the burst of regen you get is actually converted to rage.

For the other jewel sockets your main aim is to get any missing attributes or resistance and if you dont need any of those then look for anything that gives attack speed or damage with wands or while holding a shield or maximum life.

GEMS
Spoiler

For gems and passive tree I will be providing a PoB.

PoB
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/shDEVv2d

Last bumped on May 29, 2023, 3:24:28 PM
hello, thank you for the build. as a wander lover i gave it a shot. but somehow i got 1/6 of your dps. interesting thing, you really minmaxed so good that every piece of your gear changes least 150k dps. :))) do you have any recommendations for me? most important thing is kb is so clunky rn. i tried +2 pierce gloves but no chance. even magic mobs are hard. i have about 25d to spend.

character: yeena_wears_yeezy
i moved aul from my another character -- it has vengeant cascade -- not intended for this build

https://pobb.in/3tDJmS7Qfo2k

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info