[PS4] lagging when lots of monsters on the screen.

Hello,

I play this game on a PS4 slim with a wired connection on the California server. I'm currently playing a toxic rain build and as soon as I trigger a mechanic that would spawn lots of monsters the game lags tremendously. The game doesn't crash it just lags until the monsters or my character dies. I don't remember this happening in the pas leagues. I have tried multiple things from cleaning out my PS and rebuilding the database to uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Please let me know if you need any further details.

This is a link to a clip while doing a blight it's like that with every mechanic.

https://youtu.be/XpgAIKnXIU0

Thank You,
Mena Samaan
Last edited by MENA_SAMAAN on May 24, 2023, 10:18:33 PM
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2023, 4:03:50 AM
I second this. It's a huge pain in the ass since you can get overwhelmed easily before being able to do anything:
"Enemy approaching" - Relax, girl.
"Don't let them reach the purification pump!" - I got this.
"It's branching, Exile!" ...LaglagLAAAG...
'Pump explodes'

Or - something that can be even more dangerous - a blink skill causes the game to 'reset' your position to a few seconds before.
Still putting the skill on CD, of course, because "Hardcore". Right?
Can't even count anymore how often this shit happened and nearly killed me.
Especially in Delve.
Last edited by Zetsubouda on Jul 5, 2023, 4:09:17 AM
I just hope poe2 expansion will fix the fps drop. Maybe add an option to reduce mobs effect? Or improve performance option rather than improve quality. I'm doing 5 way right now and the fps drop is insane for ps4 pro, this has been a long issue.
I just hope poe2 expansion will fix the fps drop. Maybe add an option to reduce mobs effect? Or improve performance option rather than improve quality. I'm doing 5 way right now and the fps drop is insane for ps4 pro, this has been a long issue.
The soulution is simple, get a ps5, it helps a lot!.... Yes it's playable on ps4 but juiced content will make ps4 struggle. I think it's more ps4 limitation. And yes I think ggg should not limit their game becouse of last generation....
I get tons of screen-tearing/FPS drops on PS5. I suspect it has to do more with the engine than the platform.
"
MrFrankFrank wrote:
I get tons of screen-tearing/FPS drops on PS5. I suspect it has to do more with the engine than the platform.

It might be you're net connection aswell. The only time I get performaance issue on ps5 is after around 3 hours I need to log on/off as it seems the buffer get filled or something and needs to be cleared. If I do not log off/on after some hours there will be more and more lags yes... Maybe thats the case with you too?
But a own ps5 version could had been even better I suppose.
I am using ssd with ps4 and stuff that you showed happens very rarely or if it happens it has to have more mobs (like in blighted map) or in first few maps (assests are being loaded for the first time).

I can agree that I somehow feel limited by builds if I want to reach 95+ lvl while playing on ps4.
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info