First time Omni Dude with questions

Hello!

Recently switched to lightning arrow omni. I have 2100 omni and I am wondering if I need that much? Does ele pen treat ele resists as inverted after 100%? Just wondering as I want to drop Black Sun and go with a better helm. Even without a helmet even on I have around 1700 omni. Mainly asking as I am about to run a bunch of labs and I dont want to put a valuable enchant on a helm I end up dropping. Thanks for any help and feedback.
Last bumped on May 10, 2023, 3:16:15 AM
not using black sun would be an waste for your entire build. The less omni you have the less worth is the use of the entire item
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
That provided zero information. My question was going over 100% ele pen treat enemies resistances as negative. Black Sun isn't a necessary item. It's a good starting item with Omniscience. I switched for more hp and also being able to see in dark maps os great without -20 light radius. Don't see any difference in dps. Still melt everything.
"
KraniumKrushr wrote:
That provided zero information. My question was going over 100% ele pen treat enemies resistances as negative. Black Sun isn't a necessary item. It's a good starting item with Omniscience. I switched for more hp and also being able to see in dark maps os great without -20 light radius. Don't see any difference in dps. Still melt everything.

dont worry its impossible for you to get so much omnisense that you cap out negative elem res on enemies so the more you stack it the more dmg you will do
The answer is no you won't get to enough negative resistance that it matters you can go above -100% and the second part is its an opportunity cost differential. Generally speaking as a perfect black sun gives 45% Omniscience its very likely that switching another slot would gain you more stats in the long run.

Obviously the more penetration you have the less valuable it becomes also, going from -100 to -150 is an almost irrelevant increase compared to going from 50 to 0 initially.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info