Ice spear crucible notable question

This league I decided to try out wardloop for the first time after seeing the crucible notable that gave huge amount of cdr making it way cheaper to build the archetype.
Although I'm struggling a lot with it(can't even run uber lab) even on a low map tier strategy it's been going alright.
My question is: does the crucible notable "Ice spear and ball lightning fire projectiles in a circle, ice spear and ball lightning projectiles return to you" offer any benefit to the build?

As far as my testing goes the projectiles don't exactly seem to shotgun but I saw every build of the archetype runs greater multiple projectiles and dying sun so I'd assume there is some kind of shotgunning in the version without the notable.
Can anyone share some insight?
Last edited by Xar98 on May 6, 2023, 6:13:00 PM
Last bumped on Jun 16, 2023, 4:07:47 AM
It is probably late, but without the notable ice spear has innate behavior that it fires additional projectiles sequentially like barrage, and every projectile can hit a target, it’s not exactly shotguns, it kinda does many fast casts, so multiple projectiles become a good scaling axis for ice spear. With crucible notable most of the projectiles just don’t hit the target
Thanks for the reply, even if late. I've been playing around with the build since making this thread and I can feel the mod is not doing much in terms of damage but since all I've been doing is farming beasts on t2-3 maps the flower-like pattern covers quite well the layout of the map and the damage is enough to kill anything before they can kill me(more or less).
Overall I don't think I'll make any more wardloops, even if the playstyle is extremely chill it just doesn't have the survivability to comfortably do what I usually do(probably missing something crucial that doesn't let me survive but oh well).
Still pondering if it's best to unspec the node before crucible ends but seeing as the mechanic probably won't be around anymore after 3.21 I think I'll just leave the staff as is.
Thanks again for the reply though!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info