head/helmet size

Hi, some people already mentioned that the head is a bit over-sized, at least for some characters. Here I provide some support for this statement and also try to quantify the proportions between head and rest of the body.

In most art books you will find that the head-body ratio for adult people varies between 1/7 and 1/8. Obviously the ratio is a bit larger for armors, because the helmet has some empty space around the head; from the picture below (left side) you can see that this ratio is about 1/6.5

At this point, if you check the proportions of my duelist (on the right) you will notice that the head/helmet appears to be a bit larger than expected, even considering a correction for the top-down perspective. The helmet of the duelist is 1/6 of the body length (measured from the top of the head to the mid-line between the heels).

In short, I believe that future helmets should be a little bit smaller. I am not particularly bothered by this, and I do not expect the artists/modelers to fix all existing helmets, but I hope that they will consider making any future helmets a little bit smaller and with better proportions.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Good catch! We actually did reduce the head sizes a while back, but the size of some helmets are lagging behind but will be fixed eventually too. The goal is a ratio that is more of a heroic head size between 1/8 and 1/10 of the body.
Omnitect of Wraeclast
"
Erik wrote:
Good catch! We actually did reduce the head sizes a while back, but the size of some helmets are lagging behind but will be fixed eventually too. The goal is a ratio that is more of a heroic head size between 1/8 and 1/10 of the body.

Thanks for the message, that sounds great!
:Bump:

The heads all look fine, but the helmets continue to be far to large. Are you still planning to address this issue? Most of the helmets are huge and whereas they look "merely" disproportionately large on the marauder, they're just plain ridiculous on everyone else. My witch's helmet is almost the size of her torso.
Can you post a screenshot of the worst examples?
Omnitect of Wraeclast
We really needed to bump a 2 year old thread for this?
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
"
Dellusions wrote:
We really needed to bump a 2 year old thread for this?

1.) They looked too big and I assumed that feedback would be welcome.
2.) I checked the forums; this thread was what I found.
3.) Troll much?

"
Erik wrote:
Can you post a screenshot of the worst examples?

Wow, quick response. Yeah, let me take some shots and crop 'em.

Okay, so most of the headgear looks oversized, but it's mainly that they're just a bit too big, like a child wearing a helm fit for an adult. There are a few which are completely outsized, though. The Soldier Helm when viewed on the Marauder is the most disproportionate, followed by some of the Witch helms.

The Marauder:
First, one bareheaded and one with a properly-fitting helmet; then second, with the Soldier Helm:
Spoiler

It's nearly the size of his torso. I'm pretty sure you could fit a small dog in there with him.

The Witch:
Two pictures of armoured Witch with helms, one unarmoured with helm, and one bareheaded:
Spoiler

Although not as immediately notable as the Marauder's Soldier Helm, these are proportionately similar -- the size of the Witch's torso. No dogs, but maybe a couple of squirrels. The helm should fit close enough to compress the hair.

I haven't noticed anything as glaring on the other characters, but most of the helmet objects that I've seen thus far look like they're one head size too large. Medieval helms were padded, but they were not as large around as modern military helmets.

I hope I've been of some help, and thanks for the great game, guys!
Hi

Most head sizes don't seem that bad till you add the MT like the iron mask MT makes every characters head to big or using the necrotic skull hood with ice crown, especially on shadow.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Scion with Barbute is quite, well either the helmet is big or the head small :p

Spoiler
LOL! These pictures are really funny.
Permanent Hardcore only.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info