[3.21] Infinite Vaal Volcanic Fissure 150M+ DPS ft. Hateforge [ALL Content Viable] [Crucible Only]

In 3.21 League, we got a new mod

Vaal Volcanic Fissure and Vaal Molten Strike have 80% reduced Soul Gain Prevention Duration

Utilizing this mod, we can obtain 0 second soul gain prevention for Vaal Volcanic Fissure.

With this new mod, we can easily get 0 sec soul gain prevention on Vaal Volcanic Fissure, thus enabling this build.

0. Pro/Con
Spoiler

Pros
- Very high innate scaling of skill which provides large dps with minimal investment
- Automatically follow the enemies and deals large AoE damage
- Fancy explosion style beautiful explosions
- Auto Aim for both mapping and bossing
- Feels nice to spam skills

Cons
- Cannot see enemies and ground effects due to too much explosions
- Uses too many unique items making hard to cap resists
- Requires precise use of utility skills as they cost rage instead of mana

1. Vaal Volcanic Fissure Mechanic
Spoiler

Vaal Volcanic Fissure has 1 melee hit portion and 5 projectile attack portion from fissures. On your initial attack, you will perform a melee hit to the ground then generate a travelling fissure to your mouse pointer's location. Once it arrives, it will erupt shooting out projectiles around it's location. Then it will travel to the nearest enemy or at random if no enemy is present.

Here are few notable stats you need to keep in mind.

1. Area of Effect

If you increase area of effect on your volcanic fissure, you increase both the spread distance of the magma balls and the explosion radius. It is similar way to molten strike.

For single target purpose, we want to reduce the AoE so that explosion is still decent sized while keeping projectile travel distance short to get full benefit of point blank keystone.

For bossing, we want to use anomalous concentrated effect for 40% less AoE and blood stand for extra 5% less AoE.

2. Projectile Speed

Unlike molten strike which increases travel distance with projectile speed, projectile speed only affects the speed on which the magma balls drop. So getting more projectile speed only benefits us by increasing the speed the damage occurs.

3. Attack Speed

Resulting attack speed on vaal volcanic fissure is highly related to the speed which the magma balls drop and fissure travel. Higher the attack speed, faster the fissure movement.

4. Action Speed

Similar to attack speed, increasing or decreasing action speed also works multiplicative to the fissures travel speed and magma balls dropping speed.

5. Vengeance Cascade

Vaal volcanic fissures attacks are attack projectile. So using vengeance cascade will make the balls bounce back to the origin of the balls departure which is the fissure doubling our damage. Also, for sake of point blank, the magma balls travel only vertically which means we always get the full benefit of the point blank 30% more damage.

6. DPS Calculation
Your DPS may vary as the volcanic fissure moves randomly on single target after it's 2nd hit.
To calculate floor damage of our dps.
It is going to be
(Average Magma ball hit damage) * (Attack Rate) * (Ball Count) * 2
So if you have 1,000,000 Magma ball average hit damage with 3 attacks with 10 balls.
it is 1M * 3 * 10 * 2 = 60M DPS

2. Achieving 100% Soul Gain Prevention on Vaal Volcanic Fissure
Spoiler

Unlike previous leagues, in 3.21, we are introduced with new mod on weapon "Vaal Volcanic Fissure and Vaal Molten Strike have 80% reduced Soul Gain Prevention Duration".

This mod appears on 3 places.
One handed weapon, Two handed weapon, and shield.

El'Abin's Visage also inherits all the shield crucible modifiers.

So We use both 80% from Two-handed Axe and 40% from El'Abin's Visage.

Resulting 120% reducde soul gain prevention.

3. How to achieve Infinite Souls to use the skill
Spoiler

In order to use vaal volcanic fissure, we need 25 souls.
Since vaal volcanic fissure is attack, we can use Hateforge to convert the soul cost to the rage cost.

Then to generate the rage needed for the hateforge, we need to use 3 items.

We need to use Lethal Pride with keystone from Akoya which grants Chainbreaker. It will convert our mana regen to rage regen.

Then, we will use Rotblood with temporal chain gem to curse ourselves with temporal chain curse. When our rage gets generated beyond 25, the Chain of Emancipation belt will apply which removes all the curse on us. Since Temporal chain curse just got removed, it will fully regenerate rage to the maximum limit.

In order to maximize this effect. We want to optimize our rage cost of vaal volcanic fissure to use just enough rage to make it go down to 23~24. Which then will regenerate 1~2 rage then get to maximum amount.

Here is the rage cost formula which will help you optimize the value you need.

(Vaal Volcanic Fissure cost + (ChainBreaker base cost) * (Support gem mana cost multiplier)) * (Rage cost reduction + skill cost reduction)

In numbers,

(25 + (3) * (X)) * (Y + Z)
X = Total mana cost multiplier from your support skill gem
Y = Rage cost reduction on your hateforge
Z = skill cost reduction (From Tireless wheel near Templar)

Depending on your skill gem set up, you may need to divine your hateforge or modify your passive tree to take tireless passive notable.

4. Important Gears and how to achieve them
Spoiler

This build requires large set amount of items with specific mods to run.

1. Weapon

You will need to craft crucible tree with 5th mod as "Vaal Volcanic Fissure and Vaal Molten Strike have 80% reduced Soul Gain Prevention Duration"
Crafting a tree with including 5th modifier can brick if you get too greedy with the tree. However, this is the only requirement on the weapon and rest is all bonus.

2. Helmet

You will need to get a EL'Abin's Visage with "Vaal Volcanic Fissure and Vaal Molten Strike have 40% reduced Soul Gain Prevention Duration". This is the only requirement. However, it's good to get some other extra nodes such as 16% increased mana recovery rate as it increased our rage generation with chainbreaker.

3. Belt

In order to maximize our rage generation, we need to use Chain of Emancipation with
Rotblood to get fast rage recovery.

4. Jewellery

In order to increase the mana regen to generate rage with chainbreaker, you need to craft a ring and an amulet with Essence of Misery (preferably with Deafening).

5. Timeless Jewel

We need a Lethal Pride with Akoya to get access to chainbreaker keystone. It converts 25 mana regen to 1 rage regeneration per second. Some other nodes which help with damage are
1. 5% Chance to deal Double Damage
2. Gain 5% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire
3. 10% Chance to Intimidate Enemies on Hit
4. 0.4% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life

5. Ascendancy Choices
Spoiler

1. Required
Berserker
Berserker is required as it provides up to 3 rage per second for more smooth rage generation curve. Furthermore, it helps with stun immunity as well as some nice extra damage

2. Optional
Pathfinder
Pathfinder is a great optional class as it provides large amount of flask charges, attack speed, movement speed, and bleed immunity.

Inqusitor
Inquisitor is solid optional class as it provides extra damage boost with 10% increased damage taken on nearby enemies and 8% elemental damage penetration. Also if you are running any sulphur flask, it gives you extra 4 second of regen and reduced curse effect on you.

Slayer
Slayer is very defensive class as it provides overleech which is equivalent to 20% regen at all times. Also it provides little bit of AoE for mapping and culling strike for bossing.

Deadeye
Deadeye node provides +1 projectiles, tailwind, and projectile damage on far travel. For us, we are mainly interested in just +1 projectile and tailwind. You can expect about 9~12% more damage with +1 projectile. Tailwind makes all your actions 8% faster as well as the fissures faster. Making your animation lock time shorter which provides large QoL.

5. Good items to boost your performance
Spoiler

1. Flask
Spoiler

Progenesis provides most amount of defence you can get from a single flask.
It helps with Chaos resistance and 25% damage delay on all hits.

Dying sun is our best in slot damage flask. It provides 2 additional projectiles. Each additional projectile provides about 10%~12% more damage. So during the flask up time. It is equivalent to 20~24% more damage.

It seems unintuitive to run soul catcher since we are already at 100% reduced soul gain prevention. However, the other benefits from this flask is significant.
80% increased critical chance and 80% increased damage is best option we can get among any flask. Furthermore, it is a quartz flask so it provides extra spell suppression and phasing.

2. Jewels
Spoiler

Large Two-handed weapon one of the best notables you can get. Surefooted Striker provides critical strike chance and double damage chance and Brutal Infamy provides up to 60% increased damage for single target.

For watcher's eye, we want to use Gain +X Life per hit while affected by Vitality. Our Build will hit more than 100 times per second for single target which is up to 3000 life per second for bosses. During mapping, this number multiplies by the amount enemies you are fighting which helps you to be very tanky

3. Body Armour
Spoiler

You may want a Hunter/Crusader Body armour. It can provide both base crit chance to attacks as well as power charges. Also, you can get additional curse on prefix. We are bound to use temporal chains blasphemy set up on the ring. Having extra curse gives you flexibility to get extra damage or more defense through other curses.

6. Current Gear & PoB
Spoiler

PoB
https://pobb.in/5xCNsSiuQLVt

7. Videos
Spoiler

If you have any questions, feel free to ask on this post. I will answer them whenever I can!
Last edited by SisterHell on Apr 24, 2023, 9:31:35 PM
Last bumped on May 21, 2023, 6:15:25 PM
Wow! What a great use of game mechanics and you even included the math! Thank you for the guide :D
This is such a brilliant idea. Definitely something to consider submitting for Build of the Week
Le Toucan Will Return
I was thinking a bit recently about new character. My thoughts were between molten strike and volcanic fissure and we have a winner. Thanks a lot buddy for making this guide!
Hi, thanks for the build guide.
I wonder if Inquisitor fanaticism would be an option here since it brings "75% Reduced Cost" and hateforge "25% reduced Rage Cost of Skills".
So, this isn't working for me. And the math is evading me on the rage cost thing. I'm running with an aura bot, so some of the aura's i'm missing on my pob. Having said that, my dps in pob is 700k which is nowhere even remotely close to the 200 million in your pob.

https://pobb.in/I1kj8GixVrg7

So the issue I'm running into is I don't have enough points to get the cluster tree with secrets of suffering, because I had to dip into Tireless. I have 20% on the gloves, 9% from tireless and that puts me at 27 rage per use. I also don't have Slaughter like you do on your axe, so I only have 50 max rage.

Here's the issue. no matter which way I do your formula, the numbers don't add up to 27. If I take all of my support gems out, the rage cost is 20. If I put a 140% one in, rage cost is still 20. If I put a 130% one in, rage cost is 21.

So no matter what I do with the support gem cost multiplier, the math doesn't check out, and POB has absolutely no idea how to do that math either from what I can see.

The goal is to remove the need for Tireless, but I don't think I can since I don't have slaughter. But I can't optimize the rage at all because myself and POB don't know how to calculate it, even using your formula.

Help please lol.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
"
Avic_Hybana wrote:
So, this isn't working for me. And the math is evading me on the rage cost thing. I'm running with an aura bot, so some of the aura's i'm missing on my pob. Having said that, my dps in pob is 700k which is nowhere even remotely close to the 200 million in your pob.

https://pobb.in/I1kj8GixVrg7

So the issue I'm running into is I don't have enough points to get the cluster tree with secrets of suffering, because I had to dip into Tireless. I have 20% on the gloves, 9% from tireless and that puts me at 27 rage per use. I also don't have Slaughter like you do on your axe, so I only have 50 max rage.

Here's the issue. no matter which way I do your formula, the numbers don't add up to 27. If I take all of my support gems out, the rage cost is 20. If I put a 140% one in, rage cost is still 20. If I put a 130% one in, rage cost is 21.

So no matter what I do with the support gem cost multiplier, the math doesn't check out, and POB has absolutely no idea how to do that math either from what I can see.

The goal is to remove the need for Tireless, but I don't think I can since I don't have slaughter. But I can't optimize the rage at all because myself and POB don't know how to calculate it, even using your formula.

Help please lol.

Regarding the rage cost multiplier with support gem, it only multiplies the 3 cost from chainbreaker.

The Formulae is

"

(25 + (3) * (X)) * (Y + Z)
X = Total mana cost multiplier from your support skill gem
Y = Rage cost reduction on your hateforge
Z = skill cost reduction (From Tireless wheel near Templar)

so in your case, you have 1.4 * 1.3 * 1.3 * 1.4 * 1.3 which is 4.30612
so X in the formulae is this number.
Y is 20% in the PoB you provided.
Z is 9% from Tireless Wheel.

So your cost should be
(25 + 3 * 4.30612) * (0.71) = 26.922
number always rounds up for the cost. So ends up 27.
Hope this answers the issue. you are having.

Alternatively, instead of going Tireless, you can take Berserking notable to get +10 maximum rage which gets you to 60 max rage. In that case, you will need to get your cost to 36~37.

It will let you unspec from the tireless wheel.
However, this will require you to get a crucible tree with a 7th link for your 4th slot since you need higher multiplier on the rage cost.

Either Maim (it works since you start from physical damage) or Energy Leech support (it is global more damage and you can sustain the leech it via blood rage degen) will work to gain damage.

In that case, your 4.30612 multiplier will become 5.597956

Then with the formulae,

(25 + 3 * 5.597956) * (Y) = 36

Y (the total rage reduction from hateforge) needs to be between 14~16% to achieve it.

You will save passive points as well as gaining more dps.

Hope this solves your issue.
My game crashes frequently after using this skill in maps.
"
so in your case, you have 1.4 * 1.3 * 1.3 * 1.4 * 1.3 which is 4.30612
so X in the formulae is this number.
Y is 20% in the PoB you provided.
Z is 9% from Tireless Wheel.

So your cost should be
(25 + 3 * 4.30612) * (0.71) = 26.922
number always rounds up for the cost. So ends up 27.
Hope this answers the issue. you are having.

Alternatively, instead of going Tireless, you can take Berserking notable to get +10 maximum rage which gets you to 60 max rage. In that case, you will need to get your cost to 36~37.

It will let you unspec from the tireless wheel.
However, this will require you to get a crucible tree with a 7th link for your 4th slot since you need higher multiplier on the rage cost.

Either Maim (it works since you start from physical damage) or Energy Leech support (it is global more damage and you can sustain the leech it via blood rage degen) will work to gain damage.

In that case, your 4.30612 multiplier will become 5.597956

Then with the formulae,

That make a WHOLE lot more sense. We smashed our head against the wall on that rage calc for hours last night lol.

So the two options are to either get slaughter + a gem support on the axe, or get a gem suppoort on the axe and pick up berkerk passive and then roll hateforge to 14-16.

The latter sounds easier but does waste another 3 passives unfortunately.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
Really cool looking build, definitely going for it this league since it's likely the only chance anyone will ever have for it apart from standard.

Do you think this might be possible on a Berserker, or is scion the only way to go?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info