[Help needed] Cyclone Berserker 90+

Hi all
I've been playing with cyclone berserker for a while and it was really piece of cake until about t11, not a hard wall but I'm struggling to define a path in a character development after 90lvl.
The gear that is usually described in guides is many many exalteds. (like this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3011415)
I'm experiencing low defences, even though I have CODT setup + steelskin.

I trying to watch some guides on maradeur or poe in general but it has so much content these days that I cannot hold it in my head.

I feel that I'm missing something obvious here

Spoiler

PoB link to my character: https://pastebin.com/HT91Ks26

Thanks for any comments
Last bumped on Mar 5, 2021, 3:46:03 AM
1: You don't have your Uber lab done.
2: Cyclone builds need to scale their damage WAY harder than other builds. If you have bad DPS, your defensive layers become far worse as you have to be in hitting distance of enemies.
3: Your gear is trash. You don't even need an Exalt to get better gear than what you have right now.
4: Your pathing is atrocious. Taking the damage nodes from Born to Fight to the Marauder start are inefficient and could be allocated to many different, far more efficient nodes.
5: You're not even max impale. You either get max impale or no impale, anything inbetween is literally gimping your character.
6: You have so little life. Your gear is part of the problem, the other part is that you have only 132% inc life on tree. The tree you linked actually has less life on tree but also has gear with life on it.
7: You aren't res capped. You have 37% lightning resistance.
8: Your flasks are garbage.
9: CWDT + Steelskin shouldn't be your end-all-be-all for defenses. It's an additional layer of defense, but 1 layer of defense does literally nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Here's the main takeaways: You aren't following the tree you linked, or the ascendancy nodes he takes, or the gear suggested, or the cluster jewels he uses. You are also severely undergeared for your level, like this looks like "gear you'd get the moment you hit maps" undergeared.

Cyclone is a skill that NEEDS high DPS to be good. If you have bad DPS, your defensive layers feel even worse because you can't kill enemies you're next to while they wail on you for free. You don't need 100 mil DPS good, but you're not even 1% of this guy's dps.
Thanks for taking care and putting the comments!

Uber lab, res and flasks is something straightforward to fix.
Life should be fixed with better gear, I now have some currency to upgrade.

I will also try to make a more common cyclone build (slayer). Berserker was like an experiment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info