1.1UPDATED- ETHEREAL KNIVES CRIT & MAP GUIDE - ES TANK w/ CHAOS INOC- LVLING INFO + PASSIVES + VIDS

^ Pic damage is pre 1.0 patch but it is now HIGHER.

A little bit about this build and character

Hey everyone, thanks for checking this out. I've been working on this EK+ES Crit Shadow lately and it is a TON of fun. It kills fast while having sustainability and a high ES pool for survivability. I am still fine tuning this character so adjustments are still being made as a work in progress. Below I have my current tree, gear and some leveling passives + info for anyone interested in this type of character.

This isn't your average cookie cutter 1 button sit back and kill everything type of build. How much effort you put in may be reflected, certain monsters may be of more challenge then others and there might be a couple of tough setps along the way. You can still plow through these parts but you might have to change your pace a little and put to good use the tools given such as curse, summons and using spell totem.

EK has a high base damage and this makes it scale great without the best of gear. You don't need 3-4 damage supports on it later on and can focus on gearing towards survivability and have a bit of freedom with links to EK. Once you are in a comfortable position with your character whether it is for farming, leveling or however you use it.. Stacking some IIQ IIR is always great and rewarding. The somewhat point of this post is to share the fun experience I had with EK making this character and to show some of it's potential, hopefully helping with some of the more challenging parts along the way.

-------------VIDEOS-------------

73 Canyon map:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYg3NYqaJ5c

71 Strand map:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQmyGufcw5E

69 Unique Acton's Nightmare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TELeoUquhCA

Quick 66 Dunes map:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx0JstmdZE4

Phys reflect 69 Tunnel map using spark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0BHd9Govhc

Please read the build names carefully below as I do have 2 alternate builds posted that I don't have included in mine I am currently using. There are other alt builds posted for more defensive variations as well so please do read carefully the titles. Thx :)

CURRENT PASSIVE TREE AS OF 1.1

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgYAAuMHpQ5ID8QRLxGWFVAV1xXnFr8abBzcHRQnqSj6KU8snCymLL8tHy2oNAo3ZjeDOtg7fDvhPI5BlkNjRKtGcUmyTdhQQlWuVmNXyVj1XfJmT2aebRlwUnDVcU1zs35Zf8aBSYIQgwmGrofbiEKLeow2jHaOZI9Gj6aQ1pMnmZqaz52jna6dxKIuoqOm66cIpyuxkLI4tAy297b6tzG31riTuMrBxcHzw23VT9eG2t3bWd5337Di9-Qi6rrrY-vu7BjsOPBr8h3z6vem-tL8qw==

This is my current passive tree since 1.1. It has been a DPS upgrade but since the aura changes you cannot sustain 3 auras. I even picked up both 5% reduced reserve auras and it would not fit. I am going to be using hatred + purity(purity for res as I use double andvarius) but Discipline is always an excellent choice.

!HOW TO FREE UP 2 PASSIVES WITH THE TREE POSTED ABOVE!

For leveling I don't have passives going to the middle early on but on the final build posted.. You can use 3 passives to connect the ES nodes to the STR/DEX to the left of the Witch and refund the 5 going to it above it.

GHOST REAVER + LIFE LEECH = Leeching Energy Shield

I do not have this fit into my current build or link but it is viable. Since the passive change it is too far to reach Vaal Pact but if you want to go more defensive you can pick up Ghost Reaver a few passives away and throw on Life Leech to leech up ES when you deal damage. Quality life leech will increase the rate in which your ES will go up so that is a nice bonus if you want to use this combo.

CURRENT GEAR:

MY CURRENT SKILLS/LINKS: - This may be different then your leveling setup, more below on them.

CHEST: EK + FASTER PROJ + IIQ + IIR + MANA LEECH - 5LINK EK farming setup. EK has a high base damage and scales great, so I gladly drop DPS supports for IIQ / IIR. This is FULLY OPTIONAL. IIQ / IIR take least priority and first you should get your EK to a DPS point in which you are happy with and clearing safely with. There are much more beneficial supports that should take priority over IIQ/IIR.

WAND: SPELL TOTEM + SUMMON SKELETONS + BLIND - 3 LINK amazing support totem / distraction to give you space from enemies and keep them off you. Blind really helps with melee enemies and the archers. A nice bonus from the skeletons hitting them.

HELM: PURITY + DISCIPLINE + HATRED + REDUCED MANA(Aura LINK) - I am mostly using these 3 auras for now. Clarity is great for leveling. Haste is a nice aura too for more cast speed too but I prefer the 3 I have listed.. More on auras below.

SHIELD: SUMMON ZOMBIE + MINION LIFE - Zombies to tank! I have faster cast in there to help use up corpses in some situations, vs the necromancers.

GLOVES: TEMPORAL CHAINS + REDUCED MANA + BLOOD RAGE - Currently leveling power charge on crit. Blood Rage for 15% spell cast buff as long as you are killing enemies it stays up and wont hurt you with chaos inoculation. It grants frenzy charges on kill and refreshes duration.

BOOTS: SPARK + FORK + IIQ + MANA LEECH(For phys reflect monsters - I switch it with IIR on my 5LINK for phys reflect maps and sub our EK for fork)

You could sub out IIR for power charge on crit or another damage support to boost dps by a lot. The IIR is definitely a luxury stat and not required in the least, this goes for IIQ too but that is a lot hard to stack on gear.

I am not really having any difficulty atm clearing difficult maps, even with only 1 damage support you just might have a bit of a slower pace but that is okay for the extra drops. ;) Not looking for the highest dps possible, no point in clearing a map without IIR / IIQ.

For anyone interested in this build or a similar build.. I did 1-70 in 2 days only using a 4LINK with + spell damage and + cast speed gear, of course ES + RES too. If you'd like some help, contact me in game with any question "Terrex" or "DougleArms".

Which gems to use?

EK + FASTER PROJ + FORK/ADDED FIRE + MANA LEECH

The best supports in my opinion to hook up with EK are:

Mana Leech - This gem is a definite must at level 31. It will help so much in sustaining mana and making it so you can cast without needing to pot. It might not be that great right away but once leveled a bit the leech is amazing.

Faster Projectiles - This is probably one of the best for leveling. It adds so much range later on to EK that you can kill enemies almost off screen. If you find yourself getting hit a lot or too close to the enemies, throw on this support and it will make ALL the difference. This wont lower EK's direct damage so you will leech more, hit harder and crit harder.

Fork - EK with fork absolutely destroys clumped up enemies. Up to 10 potential hits turning into 20 is devastating. With some positioning this ends packs of monsters so fast. It is a nice support but for early on FASTER PROJECTILE might be more helpful with the extra distance and speed.

Added Fire - This one is just adding straight damage. Enemies will catch on fire and burn too. It's nice but IMO faster is much better and same with fork.

Power charge on Critical - If you want to fit this into your build it can add a lot of crit. There are two close by passives that will let you get 1 more from each. It only requires 4 points and each power charge gives EK 2.5% more crit. If you get the bandit power charge reward you can have a total of 6/6 giving EK 15% more crit having 6/6 up with this gem.

How to decide on which to use? Basically, try them all out. They are cheaper / easier to obtain gems and see which you like. Each has a little change but somewhat big impact on how EK will work. Some might make it easier or harder for you, I would like to say Faster Projectile will make leveling and maps easier in most cases. If you need a gem send me a tell and if I have an extra I will be more then happy to give it to you.

Are quality gems required?

The quality gems aren't necessarily required but some can be really helpful. The most helpful ones would be quality Mana Leech, Faster Projectiles and EK itself. Mana Leech quality increases your max leech rate so you will get more mana back faster once dealing a bit of damage. Faster Projectile adds cast speed and EK just more projectile damage in general. No quality gem is required but just helpful and min/maxing can be fun. ;)

WHICH GEAR TO USE?

Leveling / Starting off - Starting a new character it is a bit hard to itemize from level 1. There are a couple of lower level uniques that help out, sadimas, wanderlust, lazwar etc.. But not all are required. More spell damage from the start is great on weapon / shield. For your armours, any pieces with LIFE or ES + resistances will be helpful to help survive and minimize downtime.

BEFORE CI HELPFUL STATS:

ARMOURS - HEALTH / ENERGY SHIELD / FIRE + LIGHTNING + COLD + CHAOS RES. INT + MANA will help with any mana issues but not a priority over your survivability stats.

WEAPONS - On your weapon and shield, spell damage and cast speed are my two favorite but crit is nice too. Shield = high ES if possible, spell damage / crit(preference) and res.

Towards End Game / Maps - As you progress keep looking for the high LIFE / ES pieces with res. Later on you will be switching to pure ES because of chaos inoc(1 max hp and immune to chaos damage) and you wont have any use for life on gear. Isn't bad to use gear with life on it once you get CI but it doesn't do anything, as long as the other stats do. An Evasion / ES hybrid chest might be the better pick to help get the green colors you want if you are after them.

AFTER CI: You want as high ES as possible on your gear will still maintaining as much resistance as possible. IIQ / IIR are luxury stats. Again the INT and mana / regen are helpful too but shouldn't take that much priority. 5 int = 1% more ES from all your gear which is a nice bonus.

When should you get Chaos Inoculation?

I think it's best to get CI when your ES is around 2000 and more then likely taking the ES nodes behind CI will grant more then what your current HP is. If you can, save up 5 points to get CI and the 4 ES nodes behind it at once so this way you get ES back for the loss of life. If you want to get CI earlier, practice not letting enemies drop you below your shield. If you find yourself not often dropping below ES you may want to get it before. This is a bit based off your gear and how well you are handle enemies chipping away at your ES.

PHYS REFLECT:

You will want to have another link to kill these monsters. I use SPARK + FORK as preference, it owns in doors and has a higher crit so later on it really destroys monsters. Lower level EK has a bit higher mana cost and spark can help make leveling a bit easier starting off. Freezing Pulse is another good skill you can use instead of spark, it pierces, casts fast and crits great.

SPARK + FORK + MANA LEECH

FREEZING PULSE + LMP or GMP + MANA LEECH

You can choose what to put on the rest of the link. I just throw on IIQ.

AURAS:

Right now I have on discipline, purity and hatred for maps. For leveling you will probably want to use Clarity for the most part for the mana regen. Once you get mana leech higher leveled a bit and can sustain your mana without clarity. Discipline is helpful for the extra ES. Purity is nice for the res and max res increase but not necessarily required from the beginning. Another aura I have been using lately is Hatred. Adding some cold damage to the knives is great, it freezes enemies with a crit and can shatter them.

What auras to use?

Clarity - This will help with mana for most of leveling until mana leech gives back a sufficient amount. I wouldn't level this aura much past 9 or keep it at 9 otherwise it will be too costly.

Purity - I put this aura on for maps for the res and max res increase. Leveling it wasn't too much of a big deal but come merciless the -60 res really sucks and this aura picks up for that.

Discipline - Using this aura with all the ES nodes taken and INT gives a great ES bonus. It adds for me about 800-1000 depending on my setup. Nice to just have a bigger ES pool to soak some hits. I didn't start using this until I was almost done leveling and started maps.

Hatred - If you have the mana to support this aura it is a nice addition. As mentioned above it freezes enemies with a crit and can shatter. That is helpful for the annoying necromancers. If you have a higher leveled mana leech and aren't having much trouble this aura might be a bonus. If you get more then enough mana back each hit, you won't need that high of a mana pool to begin with unless you are doing a cannot regen map. This aura though I wouldn't say is a priority over discipline and purity if you need the res.

Haste - If you want more cast speed and run speed, this is your aura.

With the aura changes in 1.0, I will probably just be using Hatred + Purity.

SMALL TACTICS MAKING LEVELING EASIER:

Decoy totem. It is friggin amazing. Use it as soon as you can to help peel monsters off you, give you breathing space, to help clump up enemies to blow them up with some sexy crit EK.

Zombies are great for distractions, making monsters attack them instead of you.

Temporal chains is my favorite curse, others will help with dps but this curse alone makes so many monsters disabled and unable to reach you before they die. It lets you kite and make

Skeletons + Spell Totem - Summon skeletons + spell totem is really good. It's a lot more effective then decoy totem is for the most part because they will attack the skeletons and not the totem itself so you don't have to keep putting the totem back down again. This requires I think level 31 to use though so decoy is perfect until then.

SURVIVING COLD DAMAGE: WTF CI?!

The most annoying thing about going CI is probably cold damage. Most cold damage that hits you will probably freeze and chill you. This really adds up and sucks. What I have been doing is rolling "HEAT" flasks which dispels frozen and chilled. Currently I have this on 3 out of 5 flasks which you can see at the top of this post. Dream fragments are also popular with CI builds do you don't have to ever worry about getting frozen then killed. Imo it is much better to have another ring slot and to try to make habit of popping a heat flask whenever you get frozen. Pick up some white mana flasks and use 4x
on them, transmute and alt / augment then til you get HEAT.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Dream_Fragments

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Wanderlust

Wanderlust are another awesome low level unique to help with cold damage and mana regen. They are pretty cheap. If I have any to give out I will have it posted below.

BANDITS:

Depending on what you will have linked in your EK you may want to get different bandit choices. If you plan to use power charge on crit, getting the extra power charge would be good. If can keep up blood rage then the extra frenzy charge would also be nice for 5% cast speed.

Normal - 8 All Res(Kraityn) / Passive
Cruel - 12% Phys Dmg(Oak) / 4% Cast Speed(Alira)
Merciless - As mentioned above you may want to get an extra charge of some sort. If not you can't go wrong with a passive point.

MAPS?! Where to begin.. - Quick introduction to maps

Spoiler

Maps can be pretty overwhelming when first starting off. It's best in my opinion to do some easier 66s / 67s to begin with and to familiarize yourself with the map mods, creatures and how they work together. Each map can be different, it is rng depending on the map you are doing what monsters will be there. One thing to really keep in mind and heavy emphasis on is have patience and don't let a couple bad maps give a bad impression or ruin the experience. With this current build I have found that a few monsters in particular counter it just from how EK works. Tentacles, arc mages and bug queen's. These monsters have quite a bit of range compared to EK and a lot of the time hit off screen or hit you when you can't attack them back. This can really slow the pace down in a map. Take your time on these kinds of maps, it isn't worth rushing and getting yourself killed. It is all trial and error, learning from experience and finding your characters limits on maps.

The best maps are by far the outdoor ones. They give you more freedom to kite, they generally don't have doorways to add unwanted desync and annoyance.

Easier 66 maps: Dunes(Watch out for the Blacksmith Boss) / Dried Lake / Tropical Islands (all 3 outdoors) and Grotto for inside.
Easier 67 maps: Mountain Ledge(best by far) / Cemetary(somewhat dangerous boss room, closed in area with spark boss) / Wharf / Arcade and Arsenal are alright.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Maps

This has all the maps to give you an idea on what the layout of the map will be and the bosses. Some monsters will appear on certain maps more then others, this is at least a pattern I have noticed from my experience. Again, please keep in mind not all maps will have the same pace. Some take me 10 minutes, others can take 30 minutes and are HELL! Certain mods and monsters together will be a challenge compared to others. Bad luck with crappy spawns or counters, that is just how the game works. A lot of it is simply based off RNG / luck on how difficult or easy it will be.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Maps#Prefix

^ List of all possible map mods and quantity bonus. Only map quantity bonus affects maps dropping. Player IIQ / IIR and player quantity itself does nothing. You can get magic map quantity fairly high without making the map too difficult. You can also use a lot of alterations in the process. You just have to take into account the cost of rerolling til desired stats. There is a lot to doing maps but it is so fun and very rewarding. Rare maps are good but it costs more to reroll, chaos each time if it is a map you don't want to do compared to an alt / augment.

Some of the easier, better starting mods are:

**PLEASE NOTE - Larger + Maze map mods have been REMOVED but all maps have been increased in since as of 1.02! This is good news, save orbs on rolling maps!**

Magic Monster Pack(more xp / usually drop better)
Monster Pack Size
Ceremonial(totems)
Bandits / Skeletons / Sea Witches are easier monsters in my opinion - UNDEAD SUCKS unless you use hatred to shatter or want to use up all corpses.
Any kind of resistance really makes no difference.
Elemental Equilibrium
Rare Monsters is nice if you got IIQ / IIR
Warlords Mark curse
Chaos Damage a/sec
Chilled Ground
Burning Ground - this can be annoying in cancelling ES recharge
Ele Reflect - If you aren't using HATRED aura with your EK. This mod does nothing. Can take off hated for this mod.

HARDER MAP MODS TO AVOID AT FIRST / ARE DEADLY WITH CERTAIN ENEMIES

Chain - If you are in a party or using a totem, summons... This mod will own you. It chains so far away and any ranged monster will just melt your totem, summons and chain it to you. It's best to try to avoid this mod or try not to use any summons in this map.

Additional Projectile - Ever fought tentacle miscreations? These with 3-4 proj = F****. Inside map with spark mages, hell. Certain ranged monsters with this mod will HURT.

Vulnerability Curse - With this build there isn't much phys protection. This curse makes phys enemies hurt more, more stuns on you and slower annoying ES recharge. Charges from off screen will almost 1 shot you with this curse. This is the WORST curse imo.

Ele Weakness - Unless you have overcapped RES this mod will make any ele monster annoying. If you don't have high lightning res, lots of shock stacks and a painful experience.

Temporal Chains - This one.. pretty self explanatory. It is quite annoying to move in slow motion the entire map. Fast monsters might rush you and kill you before your character has a chance. This will slow the pace way down but it can also make you extra cautious.

50% Reduced Recovery - This mod is really annoying for mana problems. I prefer cannot regen over this mod just because this cuts back how much you will leech directly by 50%. You might not be able to cast consecutively from the lack of regen.

Cannot Regen - This mod can be amazing if you don't spam. With this build most of the mana return comes from EK hitting hard with leech. You will still leech to full mana as long as 1 knife hits when you cast. This map mod can be difficult for using your curse and totem a lot but with practice it really is no difference having this mod on or off the map. It is a nice quantity bonus.

and of course.. PHYSICAL REFLECT - The bane of this build. If you do this map, take EK off your bar and use your SPARK alternative or whichever skill you chose to deal with these monsters.

I only covered a bit of the map mods. Not all maps will be the same experience or that enjoying. Please be patient with some monsters and take your time of the map requires it. Adjust your pace accordingly, take in the information given on what you see and react to it. Use your totem, curse as best you can to help you survive in the tougher maps. It isn't worth chiseling or alcing the maps right away just because of cost. You can also buy decently higher leveled maps for cheap sometimes too. Save chisels for higher ones to help with the map drop rates. It is a nasty map ladder to climb, maps will only drop +2 levels higher inside. Level 70+ maps have a very low drop rate, the higher you go the harder they are to get. It is all still based on RNG and can be frustrating with no maps dropping. To help get the higher maps to drop, you need a high map quantity which usually means harder map mods together. This is very costly to reroll higher level maps and they may not even drop more higher maps. This is just a little bit of mapping info for anyone out on their first maps and entering a mappers world. ;)

Remember to /oos (out of sync) the desyncing monsters!

LEVELING PASSIVES UPDATED FOR 1.1!!:

First 18 - Picking up essential nodes all the way to nullification.

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgYAES8V5xa_UEJd8nBScNVzs4fbjDaZmqIutvfVT95362Pwa_Pq

64 Passives - Grabbing Soul Siphon to help with mana early on, you can spec out of this later on with some refunds from quests. Going over to more spell damage, energy shield and cast speed nodes. If you find your character is a bit squishy make sure to use enfeeble / temporal curse and summon skeletons + spell totem to keep monsters away from you.

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgYAAuMFOgelDkgRLxGWFecWvxzcJ6ko-iycLR874TyORKtJslBCVa5XyV3yZk9tGXBScNVzs35Zf8aBSYIQhK-H24hCi3qMNo9Gj6aTJ5manaOiLqKjpwinK7I4tAy297iTwcXB88NtxczVT95337Di9-q662Pr7uwY8GvyHfPq_Ks=

83 Passives - Picking up more ES and amazing crit nodes. This build also picks up CI but you have to use your judgement on whether or not to get it this early or whenever you approach this level. If you think you will get more ES then your current HP, save up the 4-5 passives to get CI + the ones behind it all at once. This build goes to the witch start and near the Templar for more crit and ES. If you find yourself getting hurt a lot or struggling with ES you can move down between the Shadow and Witch to pick up the ES nodes. These nodes are picked up in the next / final build.

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgYAAuMFOgelDkgRLxGWFVAV1xXnFr8abBzcJ6ko-iycLKYsvy0fN4M74TyORKtGcUmyUEJVrlZjV8ld8mZPbRlwUnDVc7N-WX_GgUmCEIMJhK-GrofbiEKLeow2jmSPRo-mkNaTJ5manaOdrqIuoqOm66cIpyuyOLQMtve2-riTwcXB88NtxczVT9eG2t3ed9-w4vfkIuq662Pr7uwY8GvyHfPq96b8qw==

If you want to be a bit more tanky you can grab nearby ES nodes or maybe block / shield buffing nodes for sustainability. Ghost reaver and using life leech is also an option.

98 Passives - Grabbing more ES nodes / couple offensive nodes. At this point you have to gauge what passives to get depending on what stats you prefer more of for your character. There is nearby ES, spell damage, spell crit and crit multiplier. Throatseeker will be a very nice choice.

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgYAAuMFOgelDkgPxBEvEZYVUBXXFecWvxpsHNwdFCepKPosnCymLL8tHzQKN2Y3gzt8O-E8jkGWQ2NEq0ZxSbJQQlWuVmNXyVj1XfJmT2aebRlwUnDVcU1zs35Zf8aBSYIQgwmEr4auh9uIQot6jDaOZI9Gj6aQ1pMnmZqaz52jna6dxKIuoqOm66cIpyuyOLQMtve2-rcxuJO4ysHFwfPDbcXM1U_Xhtrd3nffsOL35CLquutj6-7sGPBr8h3z6vem-tL8qw==

--------------CHANGE LOG--------------

4/29:
Updated Skeleton Totem with Blind support gem.
5/1:
Added "When to get CI" note.
5/2:
Updated "Which gems to use" and added a note on quality gems.
5/5:
Added note on HATERD aura and Power charge on Crit gem.
5/6:
Added note on HEAT flasks and cold damage for CI.
5/7:
Added to top of OP "A little bit about this build and character" and added to it.
5/7:
Updated OP on Bandit quests.
5/12:
Added big note on starting MAPS!
5/12
Also updated leveling passives so it is a bit easier to follow and having more direction on what passives are taken.
23/10:
Updating passives for 1.0 patch..
27/10:
Added note on Ghost Reaver + Life Leech.
12/1:
Updated map info for map size buff.

If there is something I left out, unclear or troubling in anyway on this guide please do message me and I will do my best to fix it.
Last edited by terrex on Mar 21, 2014, 8:28:24 PM
made me drool i could really use some help i'm building a EK shadow but as im new its taken me 3 days to get to 20 lol some tips would be great
"
made me drool i could really use some help i'm building a EK shadow but as im new its taken me 3 days to get to 20 lol some tips would be great

Ahoy there. If you are able to get a link with EK + Added Fire + Fork / Faster Proj(both optional) it will be great dps. Very early on though EK imo wasn't the best dps and sometimes I used spark + fork. Try to get a few ES gear pieces with resistance / hp and a decent spell damage wand + shield just to help boost your damage and survivability. Once you can use mana leech it will make a lot of difference in sustaining your dps and keeping mana up.

A basic 4 link really carried me until I could use most of the gear.. Decoy totem + Temporal chains really helps too, projectile weakness another good curse if you want extra damage but temporal really makes enemies useless when they are trying to attack you. Great for solo and most monsters.
Was planning on making a farming EK Build myself.

But I was wondering, wont crits cause you to get instagibbed by any reflect mobs?
"
DeadlyPocky wrote:
Was planning on making a farming EK Build myself.

But I was wondering, wont crits cause you to get instagibbed by any reflect mobs?

Hahah ohh frig yes. One crit on a phys reflect = insta dead. For the phys reflect maps and mobs all I have been using is a 4link with spark + fork + mana leech + iiq. Spark + Fork alone on an inside map is ridiculously good. It has a faster cast then EK + higher base crit so you will be doing a lot of damage with it critting. Always have this 4L spark setup with me just in case of a phys reflect monster.

Last edited by terrex on Apr 4, 2013, 6:03:44 PM
^

Just curious to know what other people's crit is at for their EK? I'm sitting at 31.5% and 330% multiplier atm.
Last edited by terrex on Apr 8, 2013, 2:17:09 PM
Wow, nice gear, and nice build, thanks for sharing

Did you find all your gear, or trade for it?

What's your HP and ES?

Thanks for the tip on decoy totem
"
FireAtWill wrote:
Wow, nice gear, and nice build, thanks for sharing

Did you find all your gear, or trade for it?

What's your HP and ES?

Thanks for the tip on decoy totem

Found most of it aside from a wand, armour and amulet. Traded for the armour though then 5linked it. :P

Unbuffed sitting around 5100 ES with just the shield, chest, helm and belt. With dicipline 6011. Only 1 hp from CI, wanted to try out a pure ES build. Decoy totem is very helpful in most situations and so is spell totem + summon skeletons together. Where decoy might pull them all away and go torwards the totem, skeleton will put bodies on the enemies for them to attack. Both are very helpful. Also loving temporal chains for kiting, avoiding damage and positioning them easier with the totem. Faster projectiles with EK really is great for killing enemies before they can get to you.

These 3 I am kinda playing with. I think I like the faster cast bonus the most out of anything, EK has naturally a very slow cast at 1sec. Getting big +cast speed on a wand and other items will be very helpful. Lots of crit nodes so you don't have to itemize full crit in my opinion. High base damage EK will stun enemies with every hit.

Last edited by terrex on Apr 10, 2013, 1:18:11 PM
Updated with some more info, recent stats and such... :O EK SO SEXY.
^Updated a little..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info