[3.12] Herzele's Trickster Hexblast Archamage Ignite : it's always better when everything burns.

<
Introduction :
Spoiler

Hey ! I'm Herzele, i've played Path of exile since release, all leagues, for a number of hours i dare not show here !

I've always loved ignite builds, especially conversion ones (don't ask why, don't know myself), so when i saw Hexblast and its "All damage can ignite", i had to try and do something with it.
I'll play this build in SSFSC from the beggining of the league, and i plan to push it as far as possible.

Of course, all that's written here is speculative, so take it with a grain of salt.

Videos :

Pro's & Con's :

+ Ignite has a fast clear speed
+ No uniques required !
+ Good Heister, will post a video soon.
+ Makes good use of EE to destroy ennemy resist.
+ Agnostic + Patient Reaper makes you very tanky.

- Curse immune bosses are a lot tougher.
- Can’t do elemental reflect maps because archmage.
- Hexproof rares are slow to kill.

PoB:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/e8y3xbj6

Gear :
Spoiler

Weapon

Wand or Scepter

T1 mods :
- + Level of all chaos Spell Skill Gems
- + Mana
- + % to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier
- Gain % of Lightning damage as Extra Chaos Damage
- % to Damage over Time multiplier

A bit of cold damage to spells can help chilling / freezing.

Unique options

Off-Hand

Shield

T1 mods :
- + Level of all chaos Spell Skill Gems
- + Mana
- + Life
- Gain % of Lightning damage as Extra Chaos Damage

T2 mods :
- % Mana regen
- Life regen, depending on the new values, might be good and help with The Agnostic keystone.

Unique options

BodyArmor

ES Base

T1 mods :
- + Life
- Resistances

On Shaper base :
- Level of socketed active Skill Gem
- % Increased max Mana

T2 mods :
- % Mana on kill

Unique options
Cloak of Defiance

Amulet

Dex Or %Mana regen Base

T1 mods :
- + Life
- + Mana
- + % Fire Damage
- Resistances

On Hunter base :
- Level of socketed Intelligence Skill Gem
- % Fire Damage over Time Multiplier

T2 mods :
- % Mana regen

Unique options
Atziri's Foible

Ring

Opal Ring

T1 mods :
- + Life
- + Mana
- Resistances

On Shaper base :
- % Shock and added lightning

T2 mods :
- % Freeze and added cold
- % Mana regen

Unique options
Essence worm (Malevolence)

Gloves

Any base

T1 mods :
- + Life
- + Mana
- Resistances

On Hunter/Shaper base :
- % Fire Damage over Time Multiplier

On Warlord base (prefered) :
- Culling Strike
- % Increased Damage over Time

Unique options

Boots

Any base

T1 mods :
- + Life
- % Movement speed
- Resistances

On Hunter base :
- % Ignites you inflict deal Damage % faster

Unique options

Helmet

Any base

T1 mods :
- + Life
- + Mana
- Resistances

On Shaper base :
- Adds lightning damage to spells
- % Mana regen

Delve modifier :
- - Fire res nearby

Unique options

Leveling :
Spoiler

I'll start with the classic ED, and switch to Hexblast ASAP.
A 4L with Hexblast - Archmage - Ignite Proliferation - Combustion should be a good base

For the ascendancy order :
1 - Patient Reaper (% DoT, Ressources on kill and % Increased recovery rate are all very good)
2 - Prolonged Pain (% More DoT)
3 - Weave the Arcane (Mana increased and recovery all very good with Archmage
4 - Harness the Void (It's a small gamble, i like the idead of scaling the base hit with % of non-chaos added as chaos, can be very good with the high base damage given by Archmage)

Gem Setup : (In order of importance)
Spoiler

Hexblast:
Hexblast - Archmage - Ignite Proliferation - Combustion - Burning Damage - Deadly Ailments

Curse:
Flammability - Arcane surge 13 - Faster Casting - Spell Cascade
A bit heavy on the curse links, but it allows for a lvl 13 Arcane surge which seems good.

Utility:
Cast when Damage Taken 5 - Immortal Call 7 - Summon Chaos Golem 7 - Increased Duration 20/20
Generic defensive layer

Movement:
Dash - Second Wind
Feels smoother than Flame Dash, but the dex requirement might be too high, we'll see.

Bandits
Kill all

Pantheon
Major: Brine King
Minor: Shakari

--------------------------------

Last edited by Herzelion on Sep 22, 2020, 5:51:51 AM
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2020, 1:05:35 PM
Any updates on this build so far. I have been watching nugi play something similar to this but he was using hiero so its a harder comparison. I am going to push hexblast trickster to 95 ish but not sure if I should pull the trigger on Archmage version or not. I am really torn and could use any insight
"
JeffYetman wrote:
Any updates on this build so far. I have been watching nugi play something similar to this but he was using hiero so its a harder comparison. I am going to push hexblast trickster to 95 ish but not sure if I should pull the trigger on Archmage version or not. I am really torn and could use any insight

Currently A9, it was a bit slow before getting a 4L but now i'm crusing. Clear is very good, single target decent. The only problem is Hexproof rares, but it seems like a bug where they don't get doom. I'll post an early mapping video when i'll get there.
What PoB version are you using? Can't upload your link into my PoB ver. 1.4.170
I'm using the community fork latest version. It has more features than the "official" PoB.

Also, just updated the PoB with a few variations (Cluster jewels / Intuitive Leap), and added a video of early mapping on a 4L and bad gear.

Will add a new one when i'll have a 5/6L.
Hey, nice guide, I started levelling a second character with the intention of going hexblast ignite, currently only in act 3 and loving the skill, haven't tried any archmage stuff with it yet, but after coming here and reading through this I think I might now
"
Zanasae wrote:
Hey, nice guide, I started levelling a second character with the intention of going hexblast ignite, currently only in act 3 and loving the skill, haven't tried any archmage stuff with it yet, but after coming here and reading through this I think I might now

I'm doing my own take on it. I'll share my results and build once I'm pretty much done.
Playing a bit similar as this with Archmage + Arcane Cloak. Still leveling and going in Act6, had a fair share of struggles before got a 4L.

Next I wanna test the Sigil of Power and thinking about taking the Agnostic.
Is the Indigon viable for this build? If it's price gets to a reasonable level..

Dont know yet if I'll keep hexblast all the way to the end or switch to another spell and use Stormfire ring

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info