Proper console support

I’ve supported the game with the equivalent of about $150 in microtransactions while playing the PS4 Pro version with a friend. And honestly we’ve been having an amazing time with the game. Together we’ve spent close to $300. I’ve noticed lots of random crashing in higher level content, and I’d rather play the game on my gaming PC because of the better optimization and higher level of support. The only problem is that I’ve already invested $150 in the game for PS4, and I’m having trouble justifying purchasing more supporter packs and playing the game anymore if it means I have to invest all over again, and I won’t be supporting your game any further until changes are made. This makes it even more difficult feeling like I’ve wasted a big chunk of money to play a game in this state.

On many modern free to play console games like Fortnite, Rocket League and Call of Duty I can log into my account and play on any platform, cross platform. While you’ve suggested this is difficult, I’d like to offer a few different suggestions, especially for supporters:

1. MTX transfer. Bind our MTX to our PSN/XBL email and let us connect it to a GGG account so all of our stash tabs and cosmetics will appear in both places. None of the leagues need to ever compete crossplatform but our purchases should carry over.

2. Crashing shouldn’t count as a death. On console only, when the server bugs out or the console crashes, you should be given a portal to continue your last instance in an Uber lab. In a crafted map, you should lose no progress. A game where crashes are so consistent needs to have a way for you to get back to what you’re doing without having to start over. I am a console dev. I know it is possible to tell the difference between intentional disconnects and crashes on console, so there’s no reason not to implement it.

3. When a console crashes, you get your crafted map/offering to the goddess back. This is a more hardcore approach, but probably the right one to keep gameplay consistent. If I crash I should be able to start over without being punished.

One of these three approaches needs to be made for end game content to be viable on console. I’ll be taking a break from playing the game until one of these changes is implemented, though I know that may mean indefinitely. I’d love to hear any feedback on these ideas, if anything like this has been addressed or ideas you might have to help balance out the frequent crashes on console.

Thank you!
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2023, 7:07:12 AM
a

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info