Partition Size

I'm hoping to benefit from the PC savvy on this board and ask how large a partition I should make for Windows on my iMac. I'm making this partition for the sole purpose of playing PoE, but now that I'm going through the trouble to do so I might revisit other games that have caught my eye over the years (probably not now seeing as all I want to do is play PoE, but perhaps at some point in the future). I have 340 gigs available. Many thanks!
Around 6 to 8gb should be fine for PoE
Sweeping Maid
Don't forget Windows, which is over 7GB, for Windows 7 home premium.
You also need space for the page file etc...

Just make it 30 GB and you should be fine.
"
hzflank wrote:
You also need space for the page file etc...

Just make it 30 GB and you should be fine.

Oh wow, maybe I was going to go overkill then. I was thinking something like 100GB or even more. I think the 64bit Windows takes 20GB and I wanted to have room for plenty of screenshots and maybe a few other games but maybe 100GB is a waste of space.

Thanks for the help!
Last edited by Nachash on Apr 5, 2012, 11:12:02 AM
If I was you, I would actually make that partition 100GB.

And by the way, as of now, my Windows folder takes 29,5GB of my hdd space :D. I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit.
"Show some fucking adaptability!"
"
Torvaldsen wrote:

And by the way, as of now, my Windows folder takes 29,5GB of my hdd space :D. I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit.

5.8gb here, hehehe :P

windows xp ^^
Sweeping Maid
"
Torvaldsen wrote:

Thank you! Do you think any more would be called for or would that be overkill? I ordered the regular home edition of Windows 7 64bit.
be adviced that window 7 have restore points. and that can takes up additional space.
i bought a new laptop 2 months ago.

it came with win7 home premium.

my current HDD C-drive Used space is already at about 50GB.
(btw my D-rives contains my data, non-critical programs and games.)

hope this helps
Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
"
Nachash wrote:

oh my, u r a gold member. O.O
Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info