[3.5]🐉 Dragon's Breath Elementalist - 3-4M+ Shaper DPS 7K+ Life - All Content - Incinerate -LS, Vids

Hi fellow exiles and welcome to my Dragon’s Breath Witch Elementalist build guide.

This build was made out of desire to go off current meta and give some love to unrightfully forgotten Incinerate skill with 3.5 reworked Martyr of Innocence staff. It is a self-cast semi-crit build. I wanted it to be flexible, all content capable and most important, to be fun to play. With that in mind I tried not to sacrifice defenses and make a build with enough life that can take a hit or two including Über Elder. I also focused on maximizing the area of effect for good clear speed and scaling of cast speed (over 14casts/sec) to easily reach max dps potential in action. It's pretty straightforward to make but if you get stuck ill be there to help out.

Please read full guide before starting the build.
For any feedback, questions or help with the build, leave a comment on this thread.
Wish you many fun hours of play.

TorsteinTheFallen

Change log 16.Feb.
Spoiler

16.Feb
Added League Starter PoB
4.Feb.
-added optional Crafted Shaper staff to push dmg over 4M
-PoB with new staff
-Staff crafting section

Pros&Cons
Spoiler
+high life pool, goes over 7.5k life for Uber Elder fight
+very high damage, 3-4+ million Shaper dps (see Shaper demolition video)
+good clear speed, huge AOE
+all content viable
+Acrobatics&Phase Acobatics, up to 75%/75% dodge
+easy Uber Lab, one-shots Izaro due to preloading of 8 Incinerate stages
+easy boot swaps for UE fight

*although quite safe, it's not a facetanking build and requires to manually dodge some things (see Uber Atziri fight video, and yes, she one-shoted me once with the spear ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
*not a 200% movement speed build, cause I wanted little slower tempo for a change. 34% base move speed is just fine

-can’t do elemental reflect maps
-Chaos and Phys damage can hit hard

Path Of Building
Spoiler

-Original build (Martyr of Innocence staff) with tree development while leveling, 3M DPS. For leveling tree there is a menu in PoB in the bottom left area.
https://pastebin.com/4B6K9JDf

-🔥Build with crafted Shaper staff 4M+ DPS🔥
https://pastebin.com/10GCR2qz

-Path of Building download site
https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases

Path of Building for ⭐League Starter⭐
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/Mme1fySg
This is an example for a league start with leveling passive tree menu. As you progress you can transition item by item to the full build. I will update it prior to 3.6 patch.
As you can see in PoB with complete garbage gear and min investment you will have 5.5K life and will be pushing over a million dps. Even with 5L you are gonna be just fine.
That is more than enough to easily clear everything from T1-T15

Videos
Spoiler

Videos were recorded with Martyr of Innocence staff

***Deathless Uber Elder***

***Uber Atziri, Queen of the Vaal***

Shaper & Friends full run
Damage demo can best be seen at min 7:00

Full Minotaur run

Argus & Izaro, Ethernal Labyrinth

Incinerate & how to use it
Spoiler
Incinerate gains more damage when cast continuously from one spot, up to a maximum of 200% more damage (25% per stage up to 8 stages maximum, or 10 if you use the helmet enchantment). The next stage is reached after every tick (0.2s). At each stage, the flames become visibly larger and will spread out in a huge cone. Since the spell is a channeling spell, if the player is stunned or interrupted in any way while casting incinerate, the spell will come back to stage 1.
At the end of the channeling (Final Wave), Incinerate deals big chunk of extra damage, 500% MORE damage with Hits and 500% MORE damage with Ignite. That’s a lot of extra damage.

To get the maximum dps out of Incinerate you should channel to 8 stages and release. Final wave deals massive damage. If you played Blade Flurry, this is the same principle.
Monster mobs die fast so maximum channeling is not needed. The area will still be very good.

Build defences
Spoiler

-Build uses Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics keystones which gives passive 40% attack dodge and 30% spell dodge. Quartz flask gives +10% on both. Atziri's step boots, +14-16% spell dodge. Vaal Grace caps dodge chance at 75% for attack and spell dodge. Excellent for mapping and bossing.

-Decent life pool ~7.5k life gives a nice buffer

-Aspect of the spider slows enemies and increases damage.

-Immortal Call setup with 3 Endurance charges.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I abandoned block defense strategy because stacking dodge on top of Acro/PhaseAcro has much higher damage avoidance chance and better synergy with flask setup!

5 active skills
Spoiler

Main Skill
–Incinerate

Movement
–Flame Dash, gives us ability to get over cliffs, gaps and quickly position ourselves in 1 to 4 successive moves

Utility
–Orb of Storms, enables proc of Arcane Surge which gives more damage and also easier proc of Elemental Overload (40% more damage). I chose Orb of Storms over Storm Brand because it hits more times per sec, has a large area of effect and therefore easier activates Ele. Overload
-Vaal Grace caps dodge chance
-Vaal Righteous Fire, 39% more damage at the cost of % of our life at the time of casting

Ascendancy
Spoiler

I chose the Elementalist Ascedancy for this life based she caster. It can bring out the most of Fire skills (Incinerate) and have excellent area coverage for good clear speed. It also gives us 25% less mana reserved of Herald skills which with level 3 Enlighten gem allows Aspect of the Spider to fit into the build.

Normal Labyrinth – Shaper of Desolation
Cruel – Beacon of Ruin
Merciless – Pendulum of Destruction
Ethernal – Mastermind of Discord

Items
Spoiler

Most important items which without build would be significantly worse or will not work
-Martyr of Innocence
-Kaom’s Heart
-Watcher’s Eye jewel with "-# Total Mana Cost of Skills while affected by Clarity" (min -8, preferably -10). "Damage penetrates #% Fire Resistance while affected by Anger" is a good bonus and you should aim for both mods cause that combination is not expensive.
-"-# Total Mana Cost of Skills while affected by Clarity" mode is necessary to be able to channel when you are not leeching. High cast speed burn mana very fast and we have very small mana pool.
-Elder ring with "Curse enemies with Warlords Mark on Hit" mod. Level of curse doesn't matter.

-Getting cast speed on any item that you can is very important to achieve much faster channeling time and high dps. Faster channeling gives also much better feel to the build cause you will be less stuck in place.

Flasks

Suffixes:
-of Staunching (Bleeding immunity)
-of Heat (Freeze and chill immunity)
-of Warding (Curse immunity)

Jewels
-you must have "cold damage to spells" or "cold damage to spells while wielding a two handed weapon" mod on Abyss jewel for Hypothermia to work. Roll doesn't matter, minimum roll is perfeclty fine.

Belt

Preferably Stygian Vise belt with high total life roll. Belt slot is the best to get strength attribute. Min 80% total ele res. Anything else is bonus.

Gloves

Aim for gloves with max resistances you can find and cast speed. Life roll doesn't have to be high. Watch out for socket coloring.

Rings

"Mark of the Shaper" unique ring and Elder ring (preferably two-stone base for easy res) with Warlords Mark on hit, some life and res.

Amulet

Shaped amulet with elemental penetration, cast speed/spell damage/fire damage, some life, some res.
OR
Elder amulet with "Gain #% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage", cast speed/spell damage/fire damage, some life, some res.

Anything else is not important.

I bought this amulet without aspect and later beastcrafted it.

Boots!

Atziri's Step boots are very good choice because they further increase spell dodge chance, have 30% movement speed and ok life. They are also dirt cheap.

For Uber Elder fight use Kaom's Roots, preferably with movement speed corruption.

Helmet and helmet enchant

10% Increased Incinerate damage for each stage is the best helmet enchantment. Buy high ilvl helmet with this enchant and fossil craft (pristine and scorched fossils) it further for high life, fire res and -9% fire res to nearby enemies.
Helm ench cost from 10c and fossil crafting isn’t expensive. Just watch out for socket coloring to fit into the build. Int helmet base is the easiest to color.

Aspect of the spider
Should be on either amulet or Elder ring. You can buy jewelry with or without it and beastcraft aspect as long the item has free suffix. Beastcraft with this

Until you finish Uber Lab do not use Aspect of the Spider because you will not have sufficient mana.

Elder ring
Craftable with alt-regal method. Ring item level should be min 75.

Dragon's Breath Elementalist view-thread/2318921
We are living in RNG world. The more we do, the more chances for luck to find us we make. Or it is just an illusion, and the dices were rolled long ago...
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Feb 17, 2019, 1:29:44 AM
Last bumped on Feb 16, 2019, 4:18:27 PM
Gem Links
Spoiler
You should be aiming for lvl21 of Incinerate gem. Just 21lvl gem is very cheap and with 20% quality it sells for 1ex. Detailed gem levels and qualities you can see in Path of Building.

6L –Incinerate (Staff – Martyr of Innocence)
Incinerate-Controlled Destruction-Combustion-Concentrated Effect (Increased Area of Effect for mapping)-Faster Casting-Hypothermia

4L gloves or helmet
Herald of Ash-Anger-Enlighten(lvl3)-Clarity(lvl 1)

4L gloves or helmet
Vaal Righteous Fire-Arcane Surge(lvl 4)-Orb of Storms-Flame Dash

4L must be in boots so you can easy swap to Kaom’s Roots!
Immortal Call(lvl10)-Cast When Damage Taken(lvl9)-Increased Duration-Vaal Grace(lvl10)

Pantheons
Spoiler
should be fully upgraded

Major- “Soul of Brine King” or “Soul of Lunaris”
Minor- “Soul of Tukohama” while channeling we are stationary and most vunerable

For Uber Elder
Major- “Soul of Lunaris” because you will be wearing Kaom’s Roots and be immune to stun
Minor- “Soul of Yugul” to reduce cold damage taken which is dominant in UE fight

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill all.

Leveling
Spoiler
From level 2-12 use Magma Orb or Fireball-Arcane Surge(keep at gem lvl1)-Combustion
From level 12 you can use Incinerate for leveling. Incinerate-Arcane Surge(lvl 1)-Combustion
From level 16 start using Herald of Ash
From level 18 onward, Incinerate-Arcane Surge(lvl 1)–Combustion-Faster Casting-Controlled Destruction-Increased Area of Effect(Conc. Effect for bosses)

Usefull leveling items:
Tabula Rasa
Lifesprig
Wanderlust
Goldrim
Praxis - until you get Praxis ring and later Watcher's eye use mana flask
Shade of Solaris
Meginord's Girdle
Le Heup Of All
Lochtonial Caress
Ngamahu's Sign

For other item slots use rare items and prioritize life and resistances.

Take defensive points first for each stage of leveling.

In Path of Building, in the bottom left corner you have the menu to see level by level point distribution.

🔥Crafted Shaper Staff to push it above 4 Million DPS🔥
Spoiler

This is the staff you want to craft to push your dps over 4M. It's easy to make, but it increases the total build cost. 6L Shaper base ~3ex + crafting cost ~3ex (This staff is totally unnecessary but if you want more here it is)

-How to craft it

Crafting base: Shaped Staff min ilvl:80
1.Scour the base and use Transmutation orb to make item Magic
2.Spam Alteration orbs until you get Shaper hybrid mod
% increased Attack Speed
20% chance to deal Double Damage

3.Use Regal orb to make item Rare
4.Now you should have just Shaper hybrid mode and another mod that Regal added. Use Annulment orb to remove 1 random mod. There are 50% chances to be left with just Shaper hybrid.
If you were unlucky and got Shaper hybrid mod removed, repeat the whole process from point 1.

5.If the item is Rare and only have Shaper hybrid mod, craft suffix "Can have Multiple Crafting Modifiers" on bench. It costs 2 Exalted orbs.
6.Further craft on bench
-Tier 4 prefix "Gain (19–22)% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage"
-Tier 4 prefix (hybrid) "(64–75)% increased Spell Damage & Gain 12% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage"
-Tier 3 prefix "Adds (41–55) to (83–96) Fire Damage to Spells"
-Tier 3 suffix "(29–36)% chance to deal Double Damage while Focussed"

If you don't have some crafting recipes look on forum for crafting service threads.

Don't rush when you craft :)

We are living in RNG world. The more we do, the more chances for luck to find us we make. Or it is just an illusion, and the dices were rolled long ago...
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Feb 16, 2019, 4:22:53 PM
Hey there - I'm new to the game as of 2 weeks ago. I tried your build yesterday and it was amazingly fun! You switched out cold snap for (vaal's) grace, but kept hypothermia on the 6L chest piece. Was that an oversight?

Since I don't know all the game mechanics and spells, I was wondering what you would put in place of that for additional damage since nothing is doing cold damage any longer? Again, I'm new, so I could be overlooking something here.
"
Completed 6 ChallengesKBeutler wrote:
Hey there - I'm new to the game as of 2 weeks ago. I tried your build yesterday and it was amazingly fun! You switched out cold snap for (vaal's) grace, but kept hypothermia on the 6L chest piece. Was that an oversight?

Since I don't know all the game mechanics and spells, I was wondering what you would put in place of that for additional damage since nothing is doing cold damage any longer? Again, I'm new, so I could be overlooking something here.

Hi, i'm glad you are playing my build. :)

True, I made some changes but they are final now so pls dont forget to check new pastebin. I'm sorry for the confusion. Change log is updated.

Yes, i changed Cold Snap for Vaal Grace in boots due to changes i made to the build defences.
I switched from stacking block chance to stacking dodge chance thru Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics keystones, flask and finally Vaal Grace.
Flask setup is also different and now you dont need to change flasks for Uber Elder.
I changed the main boot also to Atziri's step.
Defenses are much better now due to stacking of dodge that is at maximum level (75%/75%) in tough situations.

About cold damage. Pay attention in gear section. I said that you need to have Abyss jewel with cold damage to spells or cold damage to spells while wielding two handed weapon mod for hypothermia to work. Minimum roll is perfectly fine.
Damn this build looks really nice, midterm season is coming so I doubt I can play much but I'll try to give it a shot.
"
Damn this build looks really nice, midterm season is coming so I doubt I can play much but I'll try to give it a shot.

tnx! :)

give it a spin when you find time
Really enjoying the build so far, only level 27. I am curious why even bother with Hypothermia. Does the chill and damage due to chill really make that much of a difference? Thanks
"
Completed 8 Challengeskwiknez wrote:
Really enjoying the build so far, only level 27. I am curious why even bother with Hypothermia. Does the chill and damage due to chill really make that much of a difference? Thanks

I'm glad you like it.

Yes, Hypothermia is worth and very potent gem but it needs Beacon of Ruin (Ascendancy Notable Passive Skill) to be acquired first and cold damage source which is Abyss jewel.

Hypothermia at gem lvl20

-Supported Skills deal 39% more Damage with Hits and Ailments against Chilled Enemies

Beacon of Ruin mechanics

-Beacon of Ruin overrides the minimum threshold of 1% effect that normally applies to chill and shock.[2][3] In other words, 1 point of cold damage from any hit will apply chill[4], and 1 point of lightning damage from a critical strike will apply shock. This also applies to damage types that are enabled by unique items, where 1 point of physical damage will apply chill when Soul Taker is equipped.[5]

more on PoeWiki
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Beacon_of_Ruin

Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 30, 2019, 5:23:52 AM
Incinerate my fav skill ;) good old times when it was op af :)

Started lvling. thanks for sharing.
"
Completed 15 ChallengesMusicalMind wrote:
Incinerate my fav skill ;) good old times when it was op af :)

Started lvling. thanks for sharing.

It's still very strong. :) rock on ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info