Gladiator SR - Hipster, good clear speed, boss killer, Shaper down, HoGM farmer, PvP rank #3

Hi all, I would like to share my hipster Gladiator Scorching Ray build. Basic concept: Max block + spell block (82/82) Gladiator with Life gain on block (400+) for defense. Scorching Ray for offense, as it can reach high DPS without much investment. The build works perfect for PvP but also surprising fast for PvE (SR map clear speed is actually not that bad with some cast speed / attack speed invesment).

PoB link:
https://pastebin.com/kvTxdCYS

Min-maxed gear:

Pantheon: Major - crit immunity; minor - regen + physical dmg reduction while stationary.

Play style:
1) shield charge to the middle of the pack to active EE + fortify
2)360 degree SR
3)shield charge to next pack. Monster will be burned to death. Repeat.
you can always tap blood rage (to generate Frenzy charges and active arcane surge) and flask for DPS.

What can kill you?
PvE:
- one-shot from boss that you don't block. Solution: dodge manually.
- DoT like bleeding (bring flask, but a Corrupted blood corruption can help)

PvP: (if you care):
- SR build itself. Chaos DoT is not a threat because you can have 80% chaos res easily with a simple Ming's heart swap.
- offscreener glasscanon builds: magma orb / ball lightning.
- GC miner with crazy damage.

FAQ: and tips:
Why so many CWDT skills? because I am lazy, you can change as you want.
What if you don't have "curse despair on hit" Mace? it's not important, you can have CWDT / curse on hit / witchfire anyway.
have one "add cold / lightning dmg to attack" mod, so that your shield charge will activate EE.
how to activate arcane surge? answer: flame dash, or blood rage. Alternatives are phase run and curse.
what is the most important suffix on shield? - 5% life gain on block. After that it will be flat life gain on block, charges on block, shock on block (20% more DoT dmg for SR!).
how to get max block? you can have either The Red Nightmare, gloves with 5% block suffix, 5% block corruption on anvil, watcher's eye with block chance if you use determination, or suffix on shield. In my setup I have 72/72 block chance in hideout (which is more than enough, as soon as you take damage you will get +8% from ascendancy, +3 from tempest shield, +1 for each time you block as well).

Feel free to ask me anything.

Last edited by samuraihehe on Nov 14, 2018, 12:47:47 PM
Last bumped on Nov 14, 2018, 10:02:54 PM
Nice build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info