[3.2] Budget Bringer of Rain Uber Lab Farmerino Slayer (Sunder Ulab Speedfarmer)

______________________________________________________________________________________

(This took me 1 try)
______________________________________________________________________________________

So I decided I was bored of mapping for the day but my PoE addiction was way too strong so I created this thing to farm the shit out of labs and I immediately fell in love. I managed to get to the top 5 fastest uber lab times of the day with minimal effort an extremely cheap gear and it felt great.

Videos of me being fast:
Spoiler
Will add soon, vid I recorded died :P

Pros and cons:
Pros:
Spoiler
Can farm the uberlab without thinking
Is incredibly fast on a low budget
Your parents wont be disapointed in you anymore (probably)
Get to brag to your slow jugg friends that you spent 50c on a build that is faster than their 100ex build.
No need to really dodge any mechanics in lab.

Cons:
Spoiler
Low DPS for bosses outside uberlab
Still slower than pathfinders because pathfinders are ridiculous (but expensive)
Cant really think of anything else

Gear

Helmet

I find this helmet to be quite underused and we can take advantage of that pretty easily for a cheap link setup for our main damage skill without the need for a 6link.

Useful Enchants:
Spoiler
% Increased Leap Slam Attack Speed
% Increased Sunder Damage
% Increased Sunder Attack Speed

Weapons

Main Hand:

This allows us to reserve 100% of our mana for some extra damage and defensive boosts with a good PDPS attatched to this effect.

Off Hand:

This provides a great global attack speed bonus when you have 3 Green Sockets and allows us to leap slam at maximum speed.

Gloves

Use an Essence of Insanity on gloves and put your leap slam setup in them to multiply its attack speed, granting a huge boost in clear speed for the labyrynth, which is a big theme to this character. Dont use essences of insanity on the glove types I used, I just had these gloves lying around.

Amulet

This is just generally a great amulet for slayers, granting a damage increase that is pretty much permanently active with a huge intelligence boost to help with our issues there and some resists to boot.

Belt, Boots and Rings

I use rare items in these slots with generic life and resist rolls (with flat physical damage on rings and movement speed on boots for some QOL), they're pretty self explanatory, just get yourself to over 75% on all elemental resistances and some life along the way if you can.

Useful Boot Enchants:
Spoiler
% Increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've killed recently

Flasks

Lions Roar and Atziri's Promise are DPS increases for trying to phase skip izaro when you can and lion's roar also gives a large 3000 armour bonus.

The Writhing Jar is huge QOL, triggering Slayer Overleech and granting a DPS boost from your ascendancy.

The Basalt flask is a good defensive boost for when Izaro is doing more scary slams with 3 buffs and 3 curses or some such.

Jewels

Affixes to look for on normal jewels:

% Increased Maximum Life
% Increased Global Physical Damage
% Increased Physical Damage With Axes
% Increased Attack Speed
% Increased Attack and Cast Speed
% Increased Attack Speed with Axes
% Increased Area Damage
% Increased Damage
% Increased Melee Damage
% Increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
% Increased Physical Weapon Damage while Dual Wielding

Affixes to look for on abyss jewels:

+# To Maximum Life
Adds # to # Physical damage to Axe Attacks
% Increased Attack Speed
Adds # to # Physical damage to Attacks

Tree and Ascendancy:
Tree:
Spoiler

Ascendancy and Order:
Spoiler

Take Endless hunger, Brutal Fervour, Headsman and then finally Bane of Legends

Gem Setups:
Sunder:

Whilst multistrike is more DPS than chance to bleed it also auto targets which is not good for doing uber izaro because you will accidentally kill his golems or lieutenants with it and lose valuable keys.

Leap Slam:

Make sure Culling Strike and Faster Attacks both have quality because quality provides an attack speed bonus on those gems. These links go within your Essence of Insanity gloves.

Ancestral Warchief

You could also optionally use bloodlust in these links seeing as your chance to bleed will cause whatever you hit to be bleeding, providing a nice dmg increase.

Miscellaneous other Links and Gems:

These three mana reserving gems do not have to be linked but make sure the CWDT and Immortal Call are linked.

Bandits:

Kill them all.

Pantheon:
Major:
Soul of Solaris (Shadow of the vaal and Jorus, sky's edge upgrades)
This provides us with some dmg reduction when fighting Izaro himself to make sure that we dont get oneshot out of lab no matter how rippy he is.
Minor:
Soul of Gruthkul (Erebix, Light's Bane upgrade)
This is some physical damage reduction for free when izaro has any fast attacking buff, like the portals and this makes izaro's attacks easier to dodge due to his reduced attack speed.

If you see any links that are different on my character that's only because the items I'm using have too high of an attribute requirement to get the colours I want. Feel free to PM me ingame @ShroobyGroobyFLOOBY with any questions you might have
egg
Last edited by gmandonnan on May 14, 2018, 5:06:11 AM
Last bumped on May 29, 2018, 4:48:24 PM
Reserved
egg
if you are going to use a chest piece instead of the helm, which chest and helm would you use, and what gems would you choose
Not sure why a sub 5 minute time on a leap slam movement build is impressive in the slightest, especially when it's obviously not a full key or fully phased run. If getting 2 treasure keys and maybe 3 on some days in 5 minutes is an Uberlab farmer I can pretty much call half of all duelist and Marauder builds out there uber farmers. Especially when this build has only 28% Phys Reduction, making most traps and Izaro himself quite dangerous if you fuck up.

To prove a point I just bested your time in a single try on a cheap as hell Jugg, and I also spent about 15 seconds longer on the final phase than I should have. I can generally hit 4:15 to 4:20 if I'm focused and actually going for speed.

When I farm Lab, I'd much rather go for a build that can quickly and safely go full key and be immortal to everything the lab can throw at you, i.e a Jugg or a Champion. Jugg is just as fast, but is also 10X tankier (I'm at about 98% phys reduction with 1k+ regen).
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Apr 14, 2018, 1:08:52 AM
"
calculasian wrote:
if you are going to use a chest piece instead of the helm, which chest and helm would you use, and what gems would you choose

I would use a belly of the beast just because its the most life and I would choose

Sunder - Melee phys - Conc effect - Ruthless - Added Fire - Chance to Bleed
egg
"
Xanthochroid wrote:
Not sure why a sub 5 minute time on a leap slam movement build is impressive in the slightest, especially when it's obviously not a full key or fully phased run. If getting 2 treasure keys and maybe 3 on some days in 5 minutes is an Uberlab farmer I can pretty much call half of all duelist and Marauder builds out there uber farmers. Especially when this build has only 28% Phys Reduction, making most traps and Izaro himself quite dangerous if you fuck up.

To prove a point I just bested your time in a single try on a cheap as hell Jugg, and I also spent about 15 seconds longer on the final phase than I should have. I can generally hit 4:15 to 4:20 if I'm focused and actually going for speed.

When I farm Lab, I'd much rather go for a build that can quickly and safely go full key and be immortal to everything the lab can throw at you, i.e a Jugg or a Champion. Jugg is just as fast, but is also 10X tankier (I'm at about 98% phys reduction with 1k+ regen).

In lab I always do argus, fully phase izaro and go for any curious lockboxes on the main path, i just am very fast, also I can easily facetank a crit slam with any mod combination and have never died, nice "obvious" not full key run. :P
Also I looked at your profile and your jugg would cost maybe 10x more to build than this character, its supposed to be budget and thats what it is.
egg
Last edited by gmandonnan on Apr 14, 2018, 1:54:08 AM
"
gmandonnan wrote:

I would use a belly of the beast just because its the most life and I would choose

Thx, im really loving this build.
Why not faster attack or multistrike with those gems, and why fire herald instead of others
"
calculasian wrote:
"
gmandonnan wrote:

Thx, im really loving this build.
Why not faster attack or multistrike with those gems, and why fire herald instead of others

Herald of ash scales its damage off your physical damage which is the builds primary damage source so it is the biggest dmg increase of all the heralds. I do not use multistrike or faster attacks with sunder because faster attacks isnt as big of a dps increase and multistrike will often kill mobs in izaro's bossroom which you dont want to kill which will cost you valuable lab keys
egg
After your tree, where would u apply rest of the points, more life or damage. I was thinking of cleaving or juggernaut below resolute technique, splitting strikes near beginning. I dont know about the dual wielding circle at the bottom near socket and golem's blood
"
calculasian wrote:
After your tree, where would u apply rest of the points, more life or damage. I was thinking of cleaving or juggernaut below resolute technique, splitting strikes near beginning. I dont know about the dual wielding circle at the bottom near socket and golem's blood

I would go for cleaving if i want dmg but would go for the dual wield nodes if you want surivability along with slight dmg. It all depends on what you want
egg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info