[3.0] Self cast RF + scorching ray totems Hierophant

I made this build in the 10 days mayhem league, and it turns out to be pretty compatible with the league.

My gears

Gem Links
6L - Spell totem - scorching ray - controlled destruction - Burning damage -
Elemental focus - Efficacy
4L - Curse on hit - Flamability - orb of storms - Inc crit strike chance

Last edited by Mr._.BLAQ on Dec 3, 2017, 8:41:43 AM
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2017, 7:20:46 PM
I've tried it a bit of this in Legacy; the rays do most of the boss damage, I think, so you shouldn't need any AoE nodes on tree.

Also, when doing burning damage builds I find that most increased dmg clusters on the tree are inferior once I take the burning cluster and equip a good sceptre or staff.

My problem with it is, between RF and totems, there's no good way to get enough life, regen, endurance charges (very good on RF especially, if you can afford to wear Kaom's rings) and totem stuff on the tree. And that's cutting out MoM entirely because essence worms are bad for your health resists.
Last edited by rottenvenetic on Dec 4, 2017, 5:59:17 AM
Belly of the beast might help with the HP boost and marble amulet for some extra regen.
Last edited by Mr._.BLAQ on Dec 4, 2017, 6:24:27 AM
"
rottenvenetic wrote:
I've tried it a bit of this in Legacy; the rays do most of the boss damage, I think, so you shouldn't need any AoE nodes on tree.

Also, when doing burning damage builds I find that most increased dmg clusters on the tree are inferior once I take the burning cluster and equip a good sceptre or staff.

My problem with it is, between RF and totems, there's no good way to get enough life, regen, endurance charges (very good on RF especially, if you can afford to wear Kaom's rings) and totem stuff on the tree. And that's cutting out MoM entirely because essence worms are bad for your health resists.

I did a similar build in Mayhem as well :)

The character called CCJ_MayhemOne in my profile.
Chest is missing as it was a Tabula that I corrupted, and went bad :)

Used a Romiras Banquet ring to get a lot endurance charges quickly and easily proc Elemental Overload. So I had near perma Immortal Call.

Was able to run Righteous Fire thanks to MOM, just need to get mana regen on rings etc, and spec into the Pantheons that reduced DOT and fire damage. I could even run it with a Safell's Frame shield with a level 18 Purity of fire
Only had 460 life and 216 mana regen - 133/75 net with Righteous Fire on.

according to Path of Building, each of my level 16 SR totems do 75k DPS each
Turning off RF drops it down to. So 20% quality RF is a massive damage boost

Last edited by CoolColJ on Dec 5, 2017, 7:23:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info