Implicid modifier "1 to level of socketed vaal gems" by corruption on Kaom's Roots with no sockets.

Hello,

I got corrupted Kaom's Roots from a set of divination cards with "1 to level of socketed vaal gems" implicid modifier. Please see screenshot: https://prnt.sc/h8d9aw

The problem is, this item has no sockets at all, so this modifier is absolutely sensless. Is this intended or just a bug and if intended, what is the idea behind that?

Thank you in advance for your answers and greetings from Germany,
Gys.
Last bumped on Nov 11, 2017, 4:11:31 PM
Not a bug.

The modifiers you can get aren't limited to those which offer good synergy with the item the Vaal Orb is used on. It's intended that the outcome can be good, bad, or offer no real change.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
It's intended that the outcome can be good, bad, or offer no real change.

I know this, but in this case the outcome is neither good nor bad nor is it a "no change" outcome, because no change means, that the item is just corrupted but keeps the same stats as before and this one got a new implicid modifier, so it has definitely been changed. Unfortunately in a completely sensless way...
"
Gysburne wrote:
in this case the outcome is neither good nor bad nor is it a "no change" outcome, because no change means, that the item is just corrupted but keeps the same stats

Thanks for taking the time to explain my post to me, however I was not referring to the possibility of a Vaal Orb only adding the Corrupted property to the item it is used on.

My point is that Vaal Orbs are inherently high-variance. Some outcomes - be they positive or negative - are very dramatic. Other are less so. If you Vaal a rare jewel with three explicit properties and the Vaal Orb adds the 1% Reduced Character Size implicit property, is that change significant? Not only is character size unimportant, it's literally a one percent change. There's also the increased Fish Bite Sensitivity implicit property, despite the fact that fishing doesn't exist.

Your Kaom's Roots don't function differently than they did before the corruption, so I'd consider it a "no change" outcome. You're welcome to think of it differently if you wish to. Vaal Orbs are intended to have results of differing significance, and yours was minimal. It happens.

Not a bug.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
despite the fact that fishing doesn't exist.
um, actually it does
Spoiler
just... not in the game, that is :D
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
You can also get "Cannot be stunned" as implicit on Kaom's Roots when using a Vaal Orb.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
zagibu wrote:
You can also get "Cannot be stunned" as implicit on Kaom's Roots when using a Vaal Orb.

you mean "knocked back", I suppose

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
zagibu wrote:

you mean "knocked back", I suppose

Hmm, you are right, you can't get stun immunity from vaal orb. What I meant is that there are other possibilities for "useless" vaal implicits on certain unique items.

Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info