[3.0] The Tempest's Binding w. Blade Flurry ~1.3M+ Shaper DPS - ALL content on a 4-link!

So, I want to preface this build guide by saying there's not really anything 'new' here, but I had a 'The Tempest's Binding' and a Kaom's Heart (I found RF super boring) and I just felt the two should work together amazingly well together. Aaaaaaand spoiler, they do. And it seems no one's put them together for a melee build and if they have, then google has lied to me! Which is impossible, since we all know the internet cannot lie.

So let's get to it! This is my Blade Flurry Harbinger League Ascendant.

This is the Hat. We're using it for an ele' claw version of Blade Flurry (BF). Very strong, reasonably cheap and criminally underrated!

This is how we do all content using a 4-link/pseudo 6-link

On top of this, you get a sweet, un-killable harbinger summon who, as far as I can tell, can shock and chill everything for 4 seconds regardless of health. Shocked Guardians/Shaper is siiiic!

So:

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

Pros:
- No need to six link anything, once you got the gear, you're ready to go.
- You don't NEED a 450+DPS pure ele' weapon, the 'Winter Spirit' node allows us to use mixed phys/ele' weapons.
- Reasonably quick mapping with easy charge generation.
- Looks amazing with "Gore Herald".
- Decent-ish DPS for melee (approx 1mil shaper DPS) AND amazing leech
- Starts at lv 60 (level requirement for the Hat)
- 6.2-6.5k life. Easily does all content (I haven't tried uber atz' this league, but I can if you guys are interested)

Cons
- Kaom's heart is popular and is reasonably pricey and so are good claws.
- We're melee, enough said :/
- Have to balance a wise oak, *splech* :/
- Kaom's heart means we're starved for links...
- Overall, it's not really a budget friendly build.

Gear and Options
Spoiler

Required Gear:

Pretty obvious

Again, this Shirt allows us to skimp on %life on the passive tree so we can take more damage nodes.

This shield gives us such a massive DPS increase, 100% accuracy is amazing. Use it.

Other than that, everything else is good rares. Aim for: Flat ele damage -> ele damage with weapons -> resists/life -> required stats, in that order. Essences are your best friend here, for crafting!

Here's my other gear for reference. Note the mixed damage claw.

So you can really pick whatever you want but opal rings are pretty important, keep wise oak in mind, I used my shoes to balance my final res's but you could just as easily do it with Jewels. Special mention to belt of the deceiver you could use a perfect Prism Weave for slightly more DPS, here but life and intimidate are too good to pass up.

I couldn't justify them, but +1 frenzy Darkray Vectors would also be nuts!

Oh, and my flasks:

Before you ask, the sulfur flask is just straight DPS (and comparable to a flat lightning damage vinktars) & the rest are pretty self explanatory.

Tree and Path of Building
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAABeAwQDlgUtBbUILgzyD6sRgRUgFf0WvxmOGbQdwiHQIiYi6iP2JIsk_SaVKjgs6S2DLlMwfDIBNCA1kjfUOyg-z0MxRfRKyEz_TZJN41FHVUtaGmBDYeJirGOnZK9lTWqTbIxuPW6qb1dvnnBSdO13B3gZePl7bnvDft1_K4GsguSDCYTFhQ6Gs4cTidOKOIqvjDaNfY2BjbmNv5ARkoCTkJchmhebJpuNm7WcpJ2qo4qly6Yyplemr6hyqXmxW7IZtMW18r02vea-gL6nvrzBfMGgwuzDM8M6z3rTb9N-1gfYvdrB3UbkaudU53To1u0_7YPuDu969qP9bv6P_94=?accountName=Groinal_Fury&characterName=HatBallistaz

So Path of Building suggests about ~1.3M shaper DPS.

https://pastebin.com/pATeRGcd

Gem links and Jewels
Spoiler

(Hat) Our main skill is BF and it's in our Hat. It's good for ALL content.
Blade Flurry -> Elemental Damage with Attacks -> Crit Strikes -> Conc effect/Inc AoE (bosses/mapping)

(Shoes) Ancestral Warchief Gives us a HUGE DPS boost and does around 220k DPS on his own. He's only really needed for T16 and Shaper though.
Ancestral Warchief -> Elemental Damage with Attacks -> Ele Focus -> Conc Effect

(Gloves) Defence & Auras
Herald of Ice
Anger
CWDT -> Immortal Call

(Weapon) Orb of Storms is still a little iffy, honestly... Maybe it's just be better as a curse caster up to you, the damage is similar but it can be unreliable to get power charges from shaper/guardians.
(Orb of storms -> PCoC -> inc crits)
OR
Orb of storms -> CoH -> ele weakness (This nets more damage)

(Shield) Movement Skill and Cull
Whirling Blades -> FA -> Culling Strike

Jewels Offer a huge boost to DPS if you can balance your res's elsewhere. Do it, and grab jewels with: Life -> Crit multi -> stats/res in that order. Take note, double crit multi rolls plus life are too expensive but are obvs your best bet.

Class choices and Pantheon
Spoiler

So, you're probs wondering about the name of this character, or not, whatever. But this was originally going to be a Siege Ballista build. I respec'd since innervate and totems is still bugged...

You have two choices for classes: Raider or Ascendent. They're both pretty equal honestly, ascendent has better survivability but the raider has more potential for damage. The Ascendent has an easier time capping res too and access to more jewel socket.

Ascendent also gets power charges while mapping for free and has truly insane crit. Both get frenzy charges easily. Up to you guys! The trees are super similar, too.

These are really the only two valid choices for classes, since frenzy charge generation is kinda messy with other classes.

For Pantheon, I just use Brine king and Yugul. Yugul is obvs enough and brine king just stops chain stun, but it's probably not necessary with 6k+ life so either solaris is good too. Honestly not relly an issue.

I thought reflect would be an issue, but Yugul is enough, BF doesn't do large enough single hits to insta-gib us.

Videos (NEW)
Spoiler

IF I get enough requests I'll make some. Shaper/guardians/uber.

I recently upgraded my potato so I need to get some more capture software. So please let me know if you want to see it in action and we can all make fun of my skillz ;)

Deathless Shaper Run Video: https://youtu.be/IZofi4l_1uM
[Shaper Video: https://youtu.be/6H4UXh4AXDs] Old Vid with no sound...

Should've been deathless... But I overstayed my welcome thinking I could put him into the next phase. I was wrong, haha.

Thanks for reading, I'll try to reply to any questions ASAP. Honestly I'm still going with this build, so if anything changes I'll let you all know. Going to squeeze in a Vaal Haste and/or ele weakness, most likely, so stay tuned.

Well, done if you got thru this wall of text, too! Good luck and happy hunting, Exiles!

EDIT: Forgot to paste my tree's link
EDIT: Added Path of Building link
EDIT: So I quickly got some recording software and tried it out, recorded and added a mediocre Shaper run without sound... Will upload another soon.
EDIT: Changed the name and updated skill gems (now using Cull, dropped crappy flame golem) added vid' with sound.
Last edited by Groinal_Fury on Sep 20, 2017, 1:28:56 AM
Last bumped on Oct 31, 2017, 12:03:09 PM
Internet didn't lie to you, the humans just didn't want you to know about the tempest binding + blade flurry/spectral throw/barrage/whatever op skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info