CI - Essence Drain - Scion idea query

As the title suggests, i'm thinking of going for a Chaos Inoculation & Essence Drain based Scion - combined with Contagion and the rest of chaos-oriented spells or curses, accordingly.

I haven't outlined any passive tree yet, but this is exactly my issue.

Assuming this idea is viable - what should i look for into building my passive tree?

I, for one, was thinking of getting as many ES nodes, along with DoT, Chaos and curses... as well as the Occultist and Trickster ascendancy points.

But would lots of ES be enough? going for life leech + Ghost Weaver is out of the question since most of my damage would be DoT [which doesn't apply leech]... so extra evasion/armour maybe?

And one last thought - should i bother considering Zealot's Oath or not?
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2016, 1:55:47 PM
Sorry for the mistake, zealoth oath is almost mandatory, u can still live without it and using only that cheap flask, but it should be only temporary solution.
Last edited by Emdezetius on Nov 27, 2016, 8:59:54 AM
Aim for something kind of like this:

Make adjustments as needed, like the odd STR node if needed (we path by some 30 point ones). Place an Energy from Within Jewel near the Melding cluster for a touch more ES. Zealot's Oath is correct. It is the one that changes Life Regen to ES.

For Auras, you need to use Discipline (well, my opinion but still). You would generally use a Blasphemy setup with either Temporal Chains, Enfeeble or Vulnerability. I recommend Temp. You can also throw in Clarity if you have mana issues.

For gearing aim for a 680+ ES chest (if on a budget, else go higher). For your helm you could look at either a Vertex or a Heretic's Veil. For boots either Rainbowstrides or a decent rare. Rest should be rares.

For mainhand/offhand you have options. You could go with a decay weapon + shield. You could also look at using a Consuming Dark (dagger) + shield. Else go with a +1/2 bow + Soulstrike Quiver/Drillneck (if pushing Pierce).

For ED prioritize the following links:
Essence Drain + Void Manipulation + Controlled Destruction + Pierce OR Slower Projectiles + Rapid Decay + Empower (lvl 3/4)

Here are some other notes:

"
Emdezetius wrote:
Zealoth Oath is pointless. U cant leech from DoT. U will need the passive that grants regen to es instead of life in templar area (forgot the name).

I wonder what passive you are talking about...

Could it be Zealot's Oath? :)

As for the OPs questions - CI Scion works well enough. I would consider going 100% pierce with Deadeye. And Occultist or Trickster as 2nd point.
Last edited by Violander on Nov 27, 2016, 6:05:37 AM
Thanks a plenty for the input, lads and gals.

With regard to DarkElite's suggestions on the passive tree... that's more or less what i had in mind.
Obviously Discipline is a must and I'm a fan of Temp chains as well. I never quite considered the bow + drillneck idea for a spellcaster, by the way... but it might be something worth looking into.
However... what would you guys suggest to spread the AoE? stick to contagion as a second casted ability or add GMP/Chain/whatever to ED?

Anyways, if i end up making a nice build out of this in Breach i'll let you all know and post it. Cheers!
Last edited by w3player on Nov 27, 2016, 1:57:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info