[Ele]CI Oro's Flicker currency farmer (HC)

Hey gang, welcome to yet another HC build from yours truly.

This build I made specifically to farm low to mid-tier content really rapidly in order to really rack up speed of chaos recipes.

All in all I am extremely satisfied with this build. I'm sad to say that she still died to some nasty latency lag, nothing I could do about it. My party was just as shocked as I was when it happened.

However, do not fret, the build is still highly viable, especially if you're privileged enough to play in lockstep mode, something my 30 - 60 average latency does not allow.

Leveling
Spoiler

Lets be honest, you're going flameblast as soon as you can. Level hybrid or life-based, it doesn't matter as long as you have your dexterity and strength in order as you reach level 67 - 70 which is when you're gonna make your switch to Flicker Strike over casting.

I went CI at level 72, going from having about 3K effective life to having almost 7K.

Skill Tree
Spoiler

Optimal tree.

Any other tree will do. I originally planned to run dual-curse, but it cannot be done without substantial more currency. I'm talking Skyforth, lvl3 or 4 Enlighten in addition to reduced reservation on the tree. Doable for sure, but not in my situation.

Gear
Spoiler

A note about my choice of Amulet. The reason I can afford to not use Eye of Chayula is the lucky boots enchantment that makes me stun immune in most situations. If this was a build designed to go for higher tier maps then of course Chayula would be crucial.

Gems, links and other gear related points to make.
Spoiler

For my main attack I use Flicker Strike with 0 quality. We don't need crit strike chance. It's linked with Multistrike, Weapon Elemental Damage, Fire Penetration and Melee Splash.
The 6th link would either be Fortify or Life Leech, that differs depending on your curse of choice. Since this is a LOW TIER content farmer, I got by surprisingly easily without any leech as long as I kept an eye on my flasks, watched out for bleeds, ignites, elemental reflect etc.

Other key links are:
CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Vaal Discipline
Flame Golem - Lightning Golem
Blasphemy - Enfeeble or Warlord's Mark - Clarity - Vitality (for curse immune maps)

Flame Dash - Faster Casting/Leap Slam - Fortify - Faster Attacks. Keep in mind that LS can run you out of Chromes.

Video
Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JXWIY73RRo
Last edited by OlaSarcasm on Nov 2, 2016, 8:32:49 PM
Last bumped on Dec 4, 2016, 3:19:51 PM
Uploaded a video, twinned Tunneltrap. If anyone knows how to record with OBS to have it turn out better than this, please, do tell. My google fu is apparently off, so this was the best I could do on short notice. At least it serves as a valid demonstration.
Try streaming to twitch, then either highlighting your VOD or just uploading the VOD to youtube directly from the twitch page.

It's easier than trying to record imo.
"
T2tehimeless wrote:
Try streaming to twitch, then either highlighting your VOD or just uploading the VOD to youtube directly from the twitch page.

It's easier than trying to record imo.

I might try that. Even if the video is damn near a powerpoint, it's still an obvious deathless double tunneltrap without any armor, dodge, evasion or Purity of Fire/RotP.

At least sometimes the horror stops and you can see that mobs have died haha
is the [Flicker Strike + Oro's + Shaper of Desolation] combo still effective after they reworked Shaper of Desolation? Or you just have to time your attack in the 4-second burn conflux window?
"
matesasd wrote:
is the [Flicker Strike + Oro's + Shaper of Desolation] combo still effective after they reworked Shaper of Desolation? Or you just have to time your attack in the 4-second burn conflux window?

This was in 2.4, so Conflux was on the rotation when I did this. Oro's burns pretty often anyway, so you hardly ever run out of charges at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info