Poison Ass Cast On Death 2.4

A friend of mine introduced me to cast on death discharge, and its a great build however things like 80% fire res and cannot be affected by status ailments slowed or stopped me on top tier bosses.
Hence cast on death poison was born, i have killed nearly every boss up to t16 in 2-3man parties.
The only bosses that present a challenge are cannot be poisoned (hydra and chimera) and multiphase.

This build is based on the gem Cast On Death 304% more damage while dead.

My Vortex setup in standard using legacy consuming darks.

Gear:
Spoiler

Using a combination of firestorms and vortex's to repeatedly apply poison, once i level more vortex's i will switch to just those since they have great aoe and are good for ads and twin bosses. I assign all my flasks to easy to hit keys and spam them when beside the boss then hit rf.

Passive tree:

My actual tree is a bit of a mess at lvl 90 and i dont have the spell dmg going to witch, its no problem and i can one shot t16 bosses with my setup.

Videos:
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/z1bsfUaSwBk 30 sec palace video will try and upload more in time.

If people are interested i will include some hints on leveling etc. I hope others can find enjoyment with the build its been great for me to run high tier maps with crazy mods feeling pretty safe and switching to cod for the boss.

Some thoughts on a Assassin Bladefall build for new leagues.

Spoiler
Passive tree:

Gearing:
Spoiler
Dual weild redbeaks for 200% inc damage double dips into poison.
Helmet, either iir helm, the broken prophet for built in l20 cast on death or scolds. I think a 40% inc bladefall dmg helm might beat scolds if the enchant double dips.
Chest: Cospris will 6l or 5l best in show, till you have the money to get one use a tabula unfortunately you will have to use poison on every bladefall link then.
Amulet: Any crit multi, crit chance amulet or go iir (try to make up missing stats).
Rings: One Doedres damning, other whatever you want or mings heart.
Gloves: Facebreakers or iir/iiq gloves.
Boots: Iir or iiq, Goldwyrm are good as are wondertrap.
Belt: Perandus blazon, or the magnate.

Links:
Spoiler
Main hand: Cod (cast on death) temporal chains, vunlnerability.
Off hand: 2l: Cod, assassins mark, 1l: Righteous fire.
Helm: Cod (dont need if using the broken crown), bladefall, conc effect, portal.
Chest: Cod, Conc effect, inc crit strikes, bladefall, bladefall, bladefall.
Gloves: Cod, bladefall, conc effect bladefall.
Boots: Cod, bladefall, culling strike, iir.

Gem explanation:
Spoiler
Your cast on death will cast curses so they need to go first. I cast rf manually i dont know if this is best. It can also cast the same spell multiple times unlike other trigger gems.
Other good links to squeeze in are phase run and inc duration, often there are mobs around and u can get killed on your way to the boss. Either you clear them with your main then tp out or you have to run past them/kill them with cod. Culling strike iir/iiq is great but some people will want to use a culling redbeak making it irrelevant.
One other note is bladefall loses dmg when its aoe gets to wide so you dont want quality on either bladefall or cast on death for this build.

Flasks:
Spoiler

Thanks to yomm for getting me onto cast on death and this guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656405/page/1 by Flapdrol.

Last edited by Fhark on Oct 30, 2016, 10:35:11 PM
Last bumped on Oct 31, 2016, 10:27:12 AM
I WANT TO BELIEVE
//go next
I made a quick video in fraps of an enfeeble, -crit damage palace map boss kill, took under a sec. I will try uploading tonight when i go to bed, 30 secs vid is 850mb so might take a while:D

Vid added https://youtu.be/z1bsfUaSwBk
Last edited by Fhark on Oct 17, 2016, 1:39:30 PM
you CAN believe, TheSN, I was standing outside the Arena and it was done.

Thanks again, Fhark
Heya fhark :) Nice to see you're that successful with it.
To any non-believers: more one-shots incoming :)

I'm still rocking the full fire conversion Discharge version of this and I have yet to see anything non-multiphase live through the Discharge alone (not even counting guaranteed multimillion damage ignite or Firestorms with Culling Strike)...

If anyone should also be interested in the full fire version:

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAOWBUIFtQzyD8QQkhEPE3EYahqBHRQiJiM2JP0qCyqNLJwtHy2oMjI0IDbYN9Q7DTsoO3w9X0GWRKtFfEZxRwZJG0yzTm1QMFBCUUdRdFJTUxBTNVRHVa5YB1iuXfJepWNDbAhuPXBSeC9713zlf8aCEIMJhQ6J04w2jb-OZI9Gj6aP-pMnlSCXlZeXm6GcMp7EoS-io6XEpcummaa-rJius6-NsZC0DLQ4tMW2-rjKuZO8b76AvorBxcHzwuzDCcrT0B_Q0ND12YbbXtvn37DlGedU6_XsGOxV7T_v6_Fs8YryHfLh96b31_v1_94=?accountName=Mufflon&characterName=QuillingTime

"Give yourself to the flames and your name
will burn in the minds of men forever."

I would really like to see a Hardcore version of this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info