2.4 Reverse knockback totem good theory? Hc essence build

Hi http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQDuA5YGoA3NDjwQzBNxFHEUdRUgFm8YkRo4HM4dFB8YIXYkqicvKhMqTStQK7YspyzpMZ4yCTJ-NZI2xTbpOlI64TsoPC0_J0FyRKFFjkrESshLV03jUftYrljlWfNaK1pSW69eXV6lYENkhGaeaFhsRm49bqpvnnIPcmxyqXaseGl7IHyDggeDCYPMg_OGzonYjEaPRpBVkn2Yb5tdo_KkwqZXpwinlKiarKquEq-ntfK3PryavJ_A48EzwxPE9sauyWfNFs9-0f3Xltgk2L3ZfNwj3Q3jauXP6hjr7u1E8bPyRfKX9q73MviT-Ov5vfrS-4v-Cv5U_of-jw==

I know the passive tree has -3 passive points but this is meant to be that you get to choose what you will use later on, either more life, more atk spd, more crit or w.e you will need

The Plan
The idea behind this build is to use 3 ranged atk totems with reverse knock back to keep the mobs from getting close to you.
I saw a similar build where the person would use resolute technique but I was thinking of changing it up a bit to something more crit based. I though it would be more efficient to be using lioneye fall jewel to get those melee nodes in the templar area for staves for the crit on knock back and ofc more phys dmg and crit.

Instead of focusing 100% on knockback (or aiming for it) I thought i'd even it up by going 50% knock back using gem and maybe 1-2 jewels with knock back and having roughly 40-50% crit to even out the missing knock back. I believe this build provides more utility for the totems and yourself in terms of survivability

Gear
The 3 uniques at the top are the mandatory ones you will need for this build to work. Quiver gives extra totem, chin sol with the big close range damage boost and empire grasp for the reverse mechanic. The rest of the gear is for gear with 1.Res 2.Life 3.anything else you will need to fill in the gaps, prob armor based or evasion?

You'll need 1 or 2 lioneye fall jewels to convert the melee nodes to bow for the crit chance, and I have yet to confirm but having the double (knockback when crit) from passive = double knockback distance?

Also 1 splinter jewel for the extra 2 proj but I think you'll need that later on.

Gems for gems you would want for your main 6 link set up as Ranged atk totem-atk speed-knockback-pierce-projectile-tornado shot (or while lvling split arrow)

Other links, i believe herald of ash with and haste and vaal haste for auras and what ever else that would fit the build like curses or frenzy charges etc...

I tried this set up in hardcore league essence but i die at lv 68 because I started maps too early without having much experience in maps and I was also missing quite a few key setups like the usual cast when dmg taken molten shield stuff. (Also only had 2,8k life, gear was half assed, you can check my char CelestialSpectrum)

I plan on remaking this character and taking a much safer route, this time going deadeye first instead of chieftan.

If I could get some positive feed back on how I could better this concept, please comment and I'll reconstruct this build to a proper format
(I need help on what I could change to be more safe. Do I sacrifice some damage for more life armor? Or should I go more towards the utility, and get the knockback effect to it's max efficiency faster and adapt to a safer playstyle?) I'm not experienced as much in PoE so your feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advanced.)

Edit* http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQOWBOQFLQagB3UNzQ48EMwQ8BRxFHUVIBZvGJEZtBo4G6ocziFVJKonLyoTK1AspyzpLYMxnjJ-NZI26DbpOlI64TsoPC1AoEMxSsRKyE3jTjJTu1jlWfNaK1pSW69eE2BDYVJkUmSEZU1mnm49bqpyD3KpdO11y3XQdqx673sge8N82YIHgwmDX4PMhO-FUoZghrOHaotPjX6QVZBsm12baqPypMKmV6iaqSesqq2Nr6e18rc-t7a8n702voC-p7_VwKbBo8T2xq7Pfti92WHZfNrB3D3dDeJh42rqGOpi707yRfJa8pf2rvcy-JP46_m9-tL-Cv5U_of-j_-w

Here's another variant, this time no crit, so the tree is a little more rounded. I get an additional 18% knockback and more distance while gaining way for atk speed. (once again, extra -4 points, but do i focus on more atk spd or survivability or damage?)

Last edited by RuskyPrincess on Sep 17, 2016, 6:16:37 PM
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2016, 5:55:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info